Best Movie of the Year?

Gone2Ground

Oh my gawds i loved ParaNorman. Frankenweenie was good too. (but ParaNorman whooped its ass.) Secret World of Arrietty is a wonderful movie. Pirates! was good fun. Rise of the Guardians is one i didnt see. And i didnt really want to. It seemed kinda meh.

You are my spirit animal. And the Inheritance Cycle is a large amount of ass with wings. Im really glad the rest of that series was not adapted for screen. (and yes. I found the Hunger Games way too overrated and Battle Royale with fluff. The movie wasnt bad but it wasnt good enough to get me interested in the book series.)

Ha, well, I listed all the animated films that were on the better side of 'okay'. I enjoyed them all but some of them I doubt will get the Oscar nod, like Arrietty, Pirates!, and Wreck-it Ralph. Brave will probably miss the mark with such a messy conclusion, too. I wonder if this year there will be any foreign representation because, while the animated movies this year were typically enjoyable, hardly any of them were spectacular-amazingsauce, usually held back by some critical flaw. ParaNorman is one I'd say was the least flawed and really pushed the boundaries of animation with its use of 3D printers to make extremely detailed maquettes. 2nd in my heart is probably a tie between Pirates! and Wreck-It Ralph, but I think a lot of people didn't really enjoy Pirates! all that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I gotta go with Lincoln...it's not so much about better or worse but I can't believe a Spielberg movie made me cry. I also loved 0 Dark 30. Eww that's disgusting.

But between January and the Avengers I can't remember if there was anything good.

Oh and Perfumed Nightmare forever! Since I saw that this year. (There was a film series for Kidlat Tahimik, he was supposed to be at every showing, but hurricane sandy crashed silent lightning so I haven't heard anything about him coming back)

As someone who watches way too many movies, this is a hard question for me. I'll go with my guy Ben Affleck though and say Argo was the best.

I'll be different and say Looper. It was good to see Bruce Willis back in an awesome movie.

I loved it, but not too many people I know saw it. I thought the time travel theories were really original and cool. Did you think the same?

Bumping this to say that Django Unchained is now my favorite movie of the year.

This movie was so fucking crazy. Really good article on the racial controversies in the movie...

(SPOILERS IN THIS! DONT READ IT IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE!)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/64541/django-the-n-word-and-how-we-talk-about-race-in-2013