Battle Monks/Clerics

secondworld

The main boon is axes obviously, and both Liz and Mariabel don't grow strength at a steady enough pace to become good axe users. Libera, on the other hand, has both the strength and the combat stats to do well in that role. He even starts with a Killer Axe.

But yeah, if you're not planning to do anything but heal ever, Battle Cleric has +4 HP, +2 def, +1 res over Sages. Mariabel sacrifices her mount and movement, though.

I think we once discussed Falcoknight!Liz many months ago, because they get staves and Rescue is only E rank, therefore available to any Falcoknight. I believe Othin said Rescue staves are all over the place, too. Liz would have trouble getting to Falcoknight since it involves a lot of reclassing, whereas Sumia/Tiamo get there much faster but with less magic needed for Rescue range.

Yeah, you can buy Rescue staffs cheap anytime post-Ch12, and they're incredibly useful on higher difficulties. But the primary physical fighters will have really limited options with them: Tiamo has a range of 3-4 on promotion, depending on when you promote her.

Then wouldn't be more beneficial to change him to a class that utilizes his combat skills better?

If he had better class options, maybe. You can toss him a Demon Fighter Scroll if/when you're grinding on DLC, but otherwise, it's his most physical class and the only one with axes.

Yeah, you can buy Rescue staffs cheap anytime post-Ch12, and they're incredibly useful on higher difficulties. But the primary physical fighters will have really limited options with them: Tiamo has a range of 3-4 on promotion, depending on when you promote her.

I can already imagine future LTCers (both of them) rigging Sumia's magic growths.

Then wouldn't be more beneficial to change him to a class that utilizes his combat skills better?

The only other physical class Libera has access to is Dark Knight, which actually loses 1 point of strength and, most importantly, Libera's glorious axe and staff ranks. I'd rather have Killer Axes over Bronze Swords.

If he had better class options, maybe. You can toss him a Demon Fighter Scroll if/when you're grinding on DLC, but otherwise, it's his most physical class and the only one with axes.

This is a good point, but what about my previous question?

Why should I keep Lissa as a Battle Cleric instead of changing her to a sage at level 15?

If you honestly want her to get more points in magic for healing, then go Sage. You can always reclass later if you want Renewal.

This is probably a better idea then mine.(which was having her go Battle Cleric and then reclassing her)

Edited by RayDavid99

What reason do have to keep Lissa as a Battle Cleric instead of reclassing her to a Sage at level 15?

Lizandheraxe.jpg

So yes, it's kinda confirmed.

斧をブン回してご満悦のリズさん。

"The Liz that likes swinging her axe around."

Do I need to have any other reason?

I disagree.

Gameplay wise? You have plenty of reason to.

But let's face it. It's hilarious and a fresh new SOMETHING.