Battle Monks/Clerics

secondworld

Well I'm starting her off as Battle Cleric and ending her as a Falcon Knight. And these are the skills she is going to have.Miracle, Renewal, Speed Cry, Magic Cry, Lightning SpeedGoing to take a while, especially with Lightning Speed and Magic Cry, but I think I can manage.

Battle Clerics supposedly get good RES and Speed, correct?

Sages get better speed and magic.

Battle Monks/Clerics get better strength(which Sages don't use anyway), defense(which doesn't matter anyways, I'm just going to pair Lissa with a sturdier unit anyway), and resistance(Sages still have good res, and I'm going to give her resistance +2).

Lissa and Mariabel both have high magic and low strength so Sage/Valkyrie are better classes to have them as.

Libera is the only one who is at his best as a Battle Monk.

Edited by RayDavid99

Battle Monks/Clerics are good for using Bolt Axe. If you don't mind the cost and having to raise their axe level to B, it's actually a pretty good choice. Other weapon/staff combinaiton units aren't quite good in comparison for the very fact that none of them use axes. Thunder Sword isn't that powerful, and Stun Lance outright sucks.

Battle Monks/Clerics are good for using Bolt Axe. If you don't mind the cost and having to raise their axe level to B, it's actually a pretty good choice. Other weapon/staff combinaiton units aren't quite good in comparison for the very fact that none of them use axes. Thunder Sword isn't that powerful, and Stun Lance outright sucks.

Sages and Valkyrie are good for using magic. Several different spells > just bolt axe.

Sages and Valkyrie are good for using magic. Several different spells > just bolt axe.

Sages have an additional benefit of being able to use Magic Expert too. There's a good chance that Battle Monks can't get Axe Expert - you'll need to inherit that from a father or being MU(M) or Marc(M).

I'd choose Sage over Battle Monk/Cleric too; just saying that Battle Monks/Clerics aren't completely crippled by their low strength.

Edited by nocturnal YL

A Key advantage for Libera is that Battle Monks have both the Bolt Axe and Physical Axes, so you can have both Magic Attacks and Physical Attacks all from the same Weapon Rank.

A Key advantage for Libera is that Battle Monks have both the Bolt Axe and Physical Axes, so you can have both Magic Attacks and Physical Attacks all from the same Weapon Rank.

It's already been stated in this topic that Libera is good as a Battle Monk. I'd even call him the best Battle Monk/Cleric you can get(without reclassing), because he actually has a good strength stat, unlike Lissa and Mariabel.

I don't care what they say, I am going to use a Bolt Axe Battle Cleric and it'll be fucking amazing

You do that then.

Why do people hate fun

I don't care what they say, I am going to use a Bolt Axe Battle Cleric and it'll be fucking amazing

I plan on doing the same exact thing, except for a reclass to Dark Pegasus for Lightning Speed, otherwise I'll be giving Lissa all the Bolt Axes I ever come across.

I like the idea of battle monks,simply because they are new,they make sense to some extend(since clerics are often depicted with maces and axes are the closest thing we've got to maces) and they belong to the few units,where the split of magic and attack makes actually sense

I hope they return in oncoming games.

Maybe they could be the standard promotion for priests from now on?

We could still get light magic through a tier 1 class(either light mage or monk),who can promote to bishop.

Because I think it is lame if there is no tier 1 class that can use light magic(like in radiant dawn),but it is also lame if light mages and priest promote to the same thing(like in the gba games,where they had the same promotions even with the split promotion tree)

Anyway I'll use the battle monk/cleric class in awakening during the main story,even if they aren't that good,simply for the added variety.