Building a new Music playlist, need suggestions

Elieson

Criteria:

Please no;

depressingly slow songs, easy on the country and rap/R&B, if it is featured in Persona games no thanks, and screaming to an absolute minimum. Also screw Rihanna and Adele. If there has to be a vocalist, (s)he should at least be talented and on key.

Approves of;

Just about everything else. No Beatles or stuff from current radio, etc, as I probably already have that.

Please guys, I need halp!

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elieson i sort of hate you right now

:(((

Whyyyy

By obscure I just mean like if it is played repeatedly on general radio stations, it doesn't count.

Edited by Elieson

:(((

Whyyyy

By obscure I just mean like if it is played repeatedly on general radio stations, it doesn't count.

because people who go out of their way to request "stuff people haven't heard of :smug:" are objectively bad people

I want to be enlightened, and exposed to new music that I may or may not have heard.

Izzat so bad? To not want to be sheltered? I don't have time to sit on YouTube for hours lookin for new music :/

But there its quite fix'd now

Edited by Elieson

Not sure if any of my suggestions would be of any help, but here I go anyways.

Electric Avenue- Eddy Grant- This 80s one hit wonder is awesome

Mr. Roboto-Styx- Love this song so much^^

Ghost-Fefe Dobson- this one I like, haven't heard this on the radio just yet.

A View to a Kill- Duran Duran- This was the theme song for the James Bond movie of the same name.

Bulletproof-La Roux- This one is cool, so why can't I hear this on Sirius/XM?

Edited by Ace Tactician

I want to be enlightened, and exposed to new music that I may or may not have heard.

Izzat so bad? To not want to be sheltered? I don't have time to sit on YouTube for hours lookin for new music :/

But there its quite fix'd now

you're going to be anyway because people love to plug their bands that nobody has ever heard of

all requesting it specifically is going to do is make me (and probably only me) think you're an asshat

but ok

Try this band. I'm friends with the lead singer and drummer and actually went out for drinks with the lead singer last night. They released a 7" right after appearing on the Letterman show and they're working on a second 7" in... March I think. They've headlined for The Arkells, The Midway State, Said The Whale... bands like that.

I like Mayday Parade. I'm not sure if they're played on the radio, because I don't listen to the radio, and I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing you'd like, or if you've already heard of them, but if you have the time, you could listen to some of their songs, and maybe you'll like them.

not sure if i have music suited for old people ears

but your best bet is going to pandora to find similar music to an artist you already like

Funny enough you two are pretty similar in age.

Your dislike of rap makes this a lot harder for me though Elie. Do you like any rap at all Dizzee Rascal doesn't count lol?

2 kids, and I'm 24. FYI

Escroc, 5.5. I have no problems with that tempo.

Life, they opened for Said the Whale...that's a band I completely forgot about. Not quiiiite what I was looking for, but I can throw that in since I haven't get much of anything even close to Indie.

Strunk. As far as pop-rock goes, MP is /ok/. I've been more keen on The Offspring and Blink 182, and more recently Bowling for Soup.

Helios, Dizzee Rascal's lead backing band is the Young Punx, and I do enjoy both of them quite a bit. I just said easy on the Rap because I can't listen to shit like Black Eyes Peas without bleeding from my ears. I'm sure you can agree.

Free, c'mon I know that's nt all you listen to. Unless you really are glued to bands like Lost Prophets :0

Shin, cool sauce. That's primarily the genre I own though (Rush, ZZTop, etc) I needed a reminder of some top rock though. (Coincidentally, Life is in Vegas right now).

Free, c'mon I know that's nt all you listen to. Unless you really are glued to bands like Lost Prophets :0

Heehee yeah I was exaggerating x3

Um

Secret & Whisper (though I've only really heard their first album), Circa Survive?

Probably nothing else =3

Neat Esroc

I wish sf didn't have a limit on the number of embeds that can be made in one post >:

I'm a poor excuse for a music buff and worse at describing what I like about the the things I've liked, so I'll try to avoid analyzing the music or how popular it is. I guess the best I can claim to do is throw out some things to which I've enjoyed listening.

- modern-ish English rock guys: Arctic Monkeys, song Teddy Picker from release Favorite Worst Nightmare

- chiptunes x electric guitar = Anamanaguchi, song Blackout City from release Dawn Metropolis

- electronic/dance of some inscrutably funky form:

-

has a habit of making
I like a lot

Oh yeah... guess I could always provide samples for them too, huh x3

How about my (current) favourite from each?

April, you shoudla read the topic xb

Edited by Freohr Datia

Bulletproof-La Roux- This one is cool, so why can't I hear this on Sirius/XM?

Good song here.

Anyway, I'll throw out some stuff.

The Crystal Method - Come Back Clean, and I don't mean the crappy radio edit version.

Amy MacDonald - Let's Start a Band

Scissor Sisters - Let's Have a Kiki

Armin Van Buuren Ft. Jennifer Rene - Fine Without You

And for VGMs, look up Fork Lifter, Bossa Nova, Remix 6((Rhythm Heaven Fever)) and Lockstep from Rhythm Heaven. Those are probably my favorite 4 songs in the series.