The Second Serenes Forest Awards

Serene

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading EVERYTHING regarding this, here is what I have to say:

I sympathize with Lyle. It's tough to understand how he feels if you haven't been in a similar situation, which I have. And, yeah, I got treated in a similar way. Shouts of, "So what?" "It's not a big deal!" "Calm down, it isn't as if your life depends on it!" The thing is, to the reciever, it IS a big deal, because it means a lot to you. If you are the one who starts something somewhere and you want to be the one to continue it, it sucks hard when suddenly someone else jumps in and is doing it now. Sure, this is about everyone and not just Lyle, but you must understand how he feels. Something he brought here and worked so hard on for everyone to have a good time was suddenly swiped away. It's like his comparison to Tales of Symphonia.

That aside, I don't actually see the point of doing practically the same old awards hardly two months later with a few added categories. Most of the winners will be highly predictable and biased.

It was supposed to be earlier... unless you wanted a yearly/semi-yearly thing.

Earlier, what? Do people really expect alot to change between this one and the last one? (Apart from obvious ones like "best newcomer"). I'd personally go for three months minimum, between each of the awards.

It was supposed to be earlier... unless you wanted a yearly/semi-yearly thing.

Yeah, that would probably fit more...

After reading EVERYTHING regarding this, here is what I have to say:

I sympathize with Lyle. It's tough to understand how he feels if you haven't been in a similar situation, which I have. And, yeah, I got treated in a similar way. Shouts of, "So what?" "It's not a big deal!" "Calm down, it isn't as if your life depends on it!" The thing is, to the reciever, it IS a big deal, because it means a lot to you. If you are the one who starts something somewhere and you want to be the one to continue it, it sucks hard when suddenly someone else jumps in and is doing it now. Sure, this is about everyone and not just Lyle, but you must understand how he feels. Something he brought here and worked so hard on for everyone to have a good time was suddenly swiped away. It's like his comparison to Tales of Symphonia.

That aside, I don't actually see the point of doing practically the same old awards hardly two months later with a few added categories. Most of the winners will be highly predictable and biased.

Hmmm, I didn't stick around most of the pages, but I would agree with this.

I like how Raven and I were practically thinking the same thing without even seeing each other's responses first.

Heh, I did notice you were making a post after I'd posted what I think. I also agree with you completely on Lyle.

My brother is thinking about doing this in october.

Doing what, Serenes Forest Awards? Leave it to Lyle, the original creator of the awards.

Heh, I did notice you were making a post after I'd posted what I think. I also agree with you completely on Lyle.

This is what people haven't realized about us. Our minds work the same way. :lol:

I never disagreed with Lyle, I just made fun of how angry he was getting. I mean he is in the right, but he could've asked a little more calmer and nicer instead of immediately seeing it and calling us dicks. But we're cool.

As a collective group (me, Lyle, and MaSu) have decided to hold off on this till October, can this kindly lose it's pin.

Also don't complain about it being around Christmas