Fateborn Who Can't Sprite

Fateborn

Reference other cloaks, the amount of outline you have in yours is definitely incorrect. I can't offer much beyond its wrong.The hair around our neck on the left OPV looks odd with that outline, the outline just jumps out too much. The single strand of hair isn't something that's commonly done, don't know where you can go for references on that.

The entire face is Limstella lol. The only difference is a pixel change on her lip and two hair strands on the top of her head.

I'll check out the other cloak, I knew the feeling of the cloak wasn't right but wasn't sure what to do.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the first spriteee and she's looking even better than before! Congrats. ^w^

There are some issues on the second sprite though. I think someone with more experience than me could give you better suggestions, but maybe her head is a little small and the fur doesn't feel very natural, it's just.. sticked there (especially on her right shoulder from our point of view). Also I can't really understand what is the grey thing below the fur on her left shoulder.

I remember the first spriteee and she's looking even better than before! Congrats. ^w^

There are some issues on the second sprite though. I think someone with more experience than me could give you better suggestions, but maybe her head is a little small and the fur doesn't feel very natural, it's just.. sticked there (especially on her right shoulder from our point of view). Also I can't really understand what is the grey thing below the fur on her left shoulder.

The gray thing under the fur is the shoulder armor(pent's to be specific), though it's probably would be better on the her left shoulder I suppose? One side with fur, another with armor?

Edited by Fateborn

Just because she's wearing a cloak doesn't means she's a thief. It'll be explained in hack, or if you prefers to read, in my fanfiction hack version. I'm doing both.

And yes, she's supposed to be older.

Why is her head floating? Her collar shouldn't cast a shadow like that. Other than that, not bad

FUN FACT!

Her neck is the same length as the original Lyn sprite. It's interesting how simply erasing the tight shirt she wore under the tribal clothing can make her head seems floating, but is there any suggestion you could offer to fix this?

Edit:Here's the two sprites to compare between, you can see they're both the same.

The only difference is her hair's stripped down and made into a necktail, and her neck is thickened a bit as part of her growth as well wearing down the color of her default colors.

Edit2: Wait I think I'm seeing it now. DERP.

Edited by Fateborn

I wonder if you changed the bangs of older lyn it may sell the aging idea further. like her hair isnt all wild like it was in fe7, but the bangs still remain the same. its just a suggestion but idk if its s good one

Wait, past FE6? That would make her 55 at least. Marcus is around his 30's-40's in FE7 :/

She needs to be aged up a hell of a lot in that case.

Edited by Kon

20 is just rough guess, I can modify it to be less time progression, I just need a good amount of years to have passed since FE6. Maybe ten years is better.

Well, Lyn is 19 in Eliwood and Hector's story.

FE6 is 20 years after FE7, so in FE6 she's 39.

And you said that your hack takes place 10 years after FE6, so add a 10 to that.

She would be 49 in your hack.

That doesn't look like she's 49 IMO. But that's just me. And I agree with Kon, she should be aged more.

I tried something, wonder if it helps a bit.

Just in case, I saved it on another name.

(Lightened her hair even further, added two more wrinkles, and narrowed her eyes.)

Edited by Fateborn

I'm not good explaining, so here is my example. Right now your wrinkles are a bit too dark, they look like scratches. You have the right idea with placement of them, at least. Making the eyes smaller is also a good idea. One thing you may want to do is make the mouth a pixel or two bigger. With cartoon style and wanting to age up a character you want to change some proportions. I think the issue with her eyes is now that you lightened the hair her eyes are a bit too light.

Did you change her skin tone at all? Someithing feels off, like it's too light, but I may just be crazy (or the fact that I am on a different monitor lol)

(I made a quick example, more to remind me what to do lol ljN1kze.png)

You also probably want to make the nose a touch bigger, but I'm not good at noses

Edited by L95

I tried out a new version of Atarja, it's looking good so far, but I'm bit duped on what her left arm should be. Fresh memory lane walk: Atarja is a Phantom species conjured by a certain character, she serves that one person without question while keeping her independence though she does not know what a free will is because she's a little more than a dead spirit.

I'll take any suggestion as to how to add to her or change her. Thanks.

Following Lenh's random suggestion, I decided to try a full scratch shoulder armor, using Hector's brother's armor color, it works pretty well and flows with the "ghostly" feeling. At least that's what I hope so.

I tried something. It seems to be working, but there are few things I'm feeling lacking, specifically, the hole on her helmet, it's difficult to get the flow of the hairs out of it.

NmnJdRA.png

Any ideas?