Fateborn Who Can't Sprite

Fateborn

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm remaking Minerva's head from the scratch, but that face too smexy for me to touch, so I'm using it as base.

Her head is noticably smaller now, the colored is the original, the outline is the new scratch.

Fuck, forgot the mug.

dDuG716.png

Edited by Fateborn

Yay for double post. plsnobanmemod

I'm deadbeat.

I think this need some more works, but I can't really see how to 'fix' the problems I can see.

TtOjYhu.png

I'm also tired, so I'll look up the feedback tomorrow.

Edit:

cMZeWZR.png

Fixed eyes.

-Snooze-

Edited by Fateborn

i think you should get rid of the head, maybe have her face another direction. her head tilting back looks awkward

also her face looks like it is the same size as the original. you need to resize that as well

Edited by Richter

i think you should get rid of the head, maybe have her face another direction. her head tilting back looks awkward

also her face looks like it is the same size as the original. you need to resize that as well

I resized it by a pixel or two. :\

Also, the armor is shaded pretty badly and the trim is done incorrectly.

Trim should look something like this:

21ba187692.png1a567981ce.png924fdce262.png

I didn't want those sort of trims, I was going for the Official art one,

http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/minerva.jpg

I've been referencing from this to redesign her armor.

Edit: Last edit for the night.

nTW9Xuf.png

Time to tuck myself in.

Edited by Fateborn

Oh, I took what you meant the wrong way. Sorry about that.

I understood it... a bit?

Being sleepless sucks.

fI684pS.png

Trying lightest to second dark skin tone instead.

Looks better than 2nd lightest to darkest.

qgpWOO9.png

Was wondering why she still didn't look like Minerva so I look a second hard look.

Her shoulder plates aren't right.

ykuPryg.png

So there.

Edited by Fateborn

am sorry but hair was better before... °-° now he's got a huge face (esp the eyes) and no skull or something like dat

Edited by D'Artagnih

You should get rid of the hair fate, and draw a new skull shape from scratch. Then draw with the curved line tool or with the pencil strands of hair and build from there I guess. Also the trim needs more skin shades, and it is generally meant to be pillow shaded iirc

Ross.gif

I feel you should just reference this guy, but recommend that you just go back to something simpler to work on/getFeedbackFrom.

Atm her body is completely disjointed from her head, and the neck is just a blob of misshaded pixels.

• 1 month later...

I feel like she just looks way too much like Idoun. Your attempts to make her different are ok, but she still screams Idoun.

Changing her hair color might make her a bit more unique, but still kinda lazy. Honestly, I'd restart the whole thing with one of the other hoods so as to get a different pose and make her more different from Idoun.

Edited by Toa

But I like the design of the hood though.

I asked for a feedback earlier with another, and he said he didn't see Idoun in the mug. Funnily enough, I see Idoun the same way as you do.

If by design you mean the trim, I don't think it would be that hard to re-add. The other hoods are all pretty similar at the base, I think you could make some small edits to the shape and have pretty much the same hood at a less identifiable angle.

Edited by Toa

• 3 months later...

I'M BACK.

Remember Minerva?

Well I went back on her

9Sx2mle.png

I completely re-did everything pixel for pixel save for the face while using both Official artwork and AthenaWyrm's mug for reference.

So how did I do this? I flipped her posture around. The way her neck was turning, it would be VERY uncomfortable if her body stood the other way, so I made it face where her face would face, so it helps her neck out.

But I can't seem to make the posture feels right with her head tilt. I tried raising left shoulder to incite putting her hand on her hip but it didn't go right. Any idea to improve that?

The trim and some portion of her neck shading feels wrong too.

Why can't I be better at trim?!