Fire Emblem apps?

darkkfan

So today I did a search for Fire Emblem on my iPhone App Store, and a few interesting things came up. First off was a FEAwakening app that shows which classes and skills are passed down from each parent. Cool enough, but this site has better. Second was a game called Partia that cost only $4. It is a lot like FE and says it was based off of it, so I was wondering if the app was designed by someone here. If not, I wanted to know how many of you have heard of it/own it. It seems pretty cool, like a retro FE (maybe similar to FE3-5) and for only $4 it seems like a steal. Also, I heard the game isn't selling too well, and I thought maybe if enough people here checked it out, they would like it and there would be a possibility of the sequel. I'm not trying to advertise here, hell I don't even know who designed it, but rather just recommending a game that I think people here would like and trying to get a feel for who else here as played it.

haven't heard of it till now.. Seems cool, I might get it myself. There's some other games on the app store like fire emblem, but this sounds pretty interesting.

Is there a story or characters?

Yeah, it is pretty cool, and I do get the impression that it isn't too well-known. The story seems good so far, a plot seems to exist and there isn't too much less character development than can be expected from a primitive FE game. The only criticisms I have seen of it are that there a few minor bugs and typos, but that doesn't seem to get in the way of the gameplay.

I also got Shining Force, which was recommended, for only $1.

Edited by starfirelord

Huh. I looked up Fire Emblem in the appstore a while back but only got a few crappy strategy guide apps. That app seems cool but there is some thing about the art style that is kinda weird.

Also this:

Yongzh's GBA emulator for android is the only Fire Emblem app I need tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've played through it about 2-3 times. It's okay enough for $4, but I wouldn't call it a steal. It's only 9 chapters, it's fairly bug ridden, the balance is wonky, and the AI can be slow and tedious. There also have not been any game updates since I bought it about a month ago.

Overall, the game is a nice novelty, but I can't recommend it without any news on (much needed) updates.

EDIT: Creator was on break and is fixing issues again.

Edited by SRC

Yongzh's GBA emulator for android is the only Fire Emblem app I need tongue.gif

Was all I used until I got stuck with this iPhone. Now I'm stuck GBA-less.

• 3 weeks later...

So today I did a search for Fire Emblem on my iPhone App Store, and a few interesting things came up. First off was a FEAwakening app that shows which classes and skills are passed down from each parent. Cool enough, but this site has better. Second was a game called Partia that cost only $4. It is a lot like FE and says it was based off of it, so I was wondering if the app was designed by someone here. If not, I wanted to know how many of you have heard of it/own it. It seems pretty cool, like a retro FE (maybe similar to FE3-5) and for only $4 it seems like a steal. Also, I heard the game isn't selling too well, and I thought maybe if enough people here checked it out, they would like it and there would be a possibility of the sequel. I'm not trying to advertise here, hell I don't even know who designed it, but rather just recommending a game that I think people here would like and trying to get a feel for who else here as played it.

Haha... I found that app, too... a while back, actually. I didn't mention it 'cause I thought people already knew. (More like, "I didn't fell like it.")

I was, like, "I wonder if they have anything Fire Emblem-related on the store..." There was that free FE Awakening "simulator. That was... three months ago.

But you're right, this site's better. The simulator has typos... and it says that Morgan as Lucina's daughter can be a lord. o_O

AND, the lord class is just the male one... so lord Lucina's stats are shown as "Great Lord (M)," not (F).

But it's free, so... eh.