An SRW K Draft.

Wen Yang

And no, the mimetics do attack if they end up next to a walling unit. I used that to counter-kill some of them.

Those flying things I've never seen do it, same as those ground things that look a little like Pincer the pokeman. Really only those white units.

I was forced to take a penalty on mission 17. Daiking starts out right next to an enemy, and the rest of my units and battleship start half the map away, which makes it impossible to get him into a battleship. Gainer had enough movement range to move into the enemy guy's range(some gaiking boss), but he prioritizes gaiking over gainer and attacks him regardless. Basically anyone who didn't draft gaiking takes a penalty on this route, so can this not be counted as a penalty? (I defended the attack, if it matters)

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is 17B I take it? Anon made it through that stage without taking a penalty, so I'm sure it's doable.

I took the A route on that split so I can't comment. Still, penalty's a penalty regardless. At least you're the lucky one for not having to deal with the extra-hard-to-avoid penalty on stage 24-1.

As for the mimetics, the ground ones can only attack non-flying units, while the flying ones can only attack fliers after moving.

Stage 30-1: 7/249 turns.

All starting enemies got wiped on turn 3, trigerring reinforcements right then and there. Work on Mark Nichts starts on turn 6, and she went down on turn 7.

Dann of Thursday: Accuracy +3, FUB All Terrain A.

Stage 30-2: 3/252 turns.

Everyone clears the road for the Archangel to get to the designation ASAP. I hate how the Archangel is 1 square too slow for a 2-turn clear...

Stage 31: 9/261 turns.

This stage is mostly a quick charge at the enemies, ocassionally leaving a couple guys behind to clean up. Work on Idun started on turn 6, and Kazuki was priceless there since he takes off massive chunks off its morale with every attack. it ran away on turn 7, and I start making my way back to Mark Nichts. It went down on turn 9. Getting the Fafner secret also means that my Fafner crew is back in full force, with interests, starting next stage.

Babylon Model: Weapons +8, FUB Range +1.

Stage 32-1: 4/265 turns.

Everyone goes into Daiku Maryu and it accelerates forward while Van starts the slaughter-fest. I blew the Birthday on turn 3, and cleaned up on turn 4. Michael & Fasalina Get!

Sausade of Sunday: FUB Move +1, FUB Range +1.

Dahlia of Wednesday: FUB All Terrain A, FUB Range +1.

Mark Vier: FUB Range +1.

Mark Sechs: FUB Range +1.

Mark Funf: Weapons +6.

Late-Game Analysis:

Daiku Maryu: Loses steam as a combatant, and often not around due to me not taking the route splits it's on. Lulu is still an excellent Gain bot and the ship itself is a great ferry.

Archangel: Still sucks, but at least it's a passable ferry. It sure lacks the ability to defend itself though.

Revlias/Solvrias Rex: Becomes kickass. It packing a Damage boost from its Crystal Heart means that it chops off massive chunks off a boss's HP. Its only issue is its somewhat low survivability against accurate bosses.

Selcelius/Solvrias Regina: Practically only used for combining into Rex due to low upgrades. Angelica giving Accelerate, Concentrate, and Flash are much appreciated though.

Celius II: Also loses steam, mostly just repair/resupplies and finishes off grunts.

Dann of Thursday: Killing Machine. He whacks up to six enemies per player phase, and chops down bosses in short order, all while simply being invincible. 500+ kills means that Van's stats are way off the charts.

Sausade of Sunday: This thing came fully FUBed. It's a monster. Not as nasty as Van, but a good notch above most of my team barring the other mains.

Dahlia of Wednesday: Another monster that came fully FUBed. Now my team is good to go! :D

Brownie: Repair machine that can help finish off grunts.

Akatsuki: One of my main counter-snipers. The next few stages being space stages is also welcome since that means access to its MAP attack.

Destiny Gundam: Another kickass unit that wipes things out post-movement with ease. One of the best post-move attacks in the game, great for quickly putting the hurt on faraway enemies.

DOM Trooper: Helps clear up grunts, though at least it doesn't have any survivability issues.

Mark Sein: His ability to drop the morale of Festooms (or instant-kill them) is beyond helpful considering that Festooms are some of the more annoying enemies in the game. Besides that, he's a pretty kickass pilot and hits hard to boot.

Mark Sieben: One of the best counter-snipers in the game, only made better by the fact that she now has Twin Dock.

Mark Drei: Excellent assault unit with good post-move attacks, while also packing Triple Dock for when you REALLY want a boss dead right now.

Mark Funf: A bit slow, but very very hard to damage, and also packs triple dock. Otherwise, it's a great grunt-clearer.

Mark Acht: Nasty sniper, though not as good as Mark Sieben due to lower mobility. Triple Dock is another nice bonus for this guy.

Mark Eins: Typical Fafner grunt, though he has a high-power attack combo move at least. Probably the worst of the bunch because Michio is kinda sucky as Fafner pilots go.

Mark Sechs: High-move flying repair unit that packs a wallop since it inherits Mark Sein's upgrades. Shouko also comes with Bless, which is much appreciated. 4900 power attack combo move is another plus.

Mark Vier: Resupply unit that packs one hell of a punch since it also inherits upgrades from Mark Sein. Also got a 4900 power Attack Combo move.

Babylon Model: Fafner grunt that also packs a nasty as hell attack combo move.

Molga Cannonry: Repair/Resupply unit that helps clear grunts when its around.

Edited by Kopfjager

Stage 32-2: 4/269 turns.

I split my forces into three teams. One team of gruntkillers went for the initial set, a second team went and camped overdevil's spawn point, while a third of top bosskillers camped Gasm's. I triggered the Overdevil's appearance on turn 3, and killed it on turn 4. Then Gasm Shows up, right next to my bosskillers. She got creamed right that instant.

Mark Funf: Weapons +2, FUB EN-20%.

Mark Eins: Weapons +5.

Stage 33-1: 5/274 turns.

I sent Mist, Shinn, Cagalli, and the three GxS guys ahead while the rest is ferried by Daiku Maryu. Slaughter happens on turn 2, and Ru Cobol is shooed off on turn 3 (only took 2 hits to shoo him off even). Then I start wiping the crap out of the jamas. The last Jamas died on turn 5 without much fuss.

Mark Eins: Weapons +1, FUB Range +1.

Mark Acht: EN +8.

Mark Funf: EN +5.

Mark Drei: EN +1.

Stage 33-2: 5/279 turns.

Chaaaaarge straight at the enemy. The starting batch went extinct on turn 3. Big ugly died on turn 5, the rest of the mooks with it.

Mark Sieben: EN +8.

Mark Sein: EN +7.

Mark Drei: EN +7.

Mark Funf: EN +2.

Stage 34: 8/287 turns.

Van wiping out three squads a turn makes things easy. Mist does the same on the other side. Initial batch got blown up on turn 3, while the second batch died off on turn 6. Then the ball-thingies show up. They died on turn 8.

Revlias: HP +7, Accuracy +4, Mobility +5, Armor +10.

Stage 35: 3/290 turns.

Daimon is fat and ugly. I rushed straight for him while murdering targets of opportunity. I started whacking him on turn 2, He blew up for good on turn 3. 255k HP doesn't last long against an army of FIFTEEN weapon-FUBed units.

Revlias: Accuracy +6, FUB Move +1.

Stage 12-2: Picked up my none drafted unit and let Gaiking start smashing. Mist smashed units with his range attack. No Godannar TDM time for this stage. Neo-Okusaer gets some lucky crits for me. 6 turn clear sadly Total turns 83

Stage 13: Every hopes onboard and we move southwest on turn 1. Turn 2 we meet Kira and co. followed by going south to a nice island for the rest of my flyers (i.e. Gaiking and company minus Godannar team) to start mook smashing. Turn 3 Godannar and the rest come out and start smashing bosses. Gaiking MVP mook smasher this stage. Turn 4 clear with a Gaiking Open Face Final attack.....at 5 upgrades he does 5 digit damage. I wonder how he will be at 10. Total Turns 87 (Going B route due to Blade Gainer req)

Stage 14B: Not happy about this one......but I made due.....Lucky crit hit on turn 2 allowed me to kill the enemy on turn 3 resulting in the real fight starting. Gaiking still does his thing killing mooks but it's shared with Godannar and co. now. With great team effort and a lot of lucky Gaiking crits cleared in 7 turns. Total turns 94

Stage 15-1B: First boss downed turn 2 player phase, then I get to have some more fun with Core/G-Gunner. With sniper support Gaiking starts super tanking with Lvl. 8 Prevail. With his lovely set up I managed a 5 turn clear setting up with a total turn count of 99

Stage 15-2B: Gaiking gets the E save for more open face attack time later Godannar got the Combo attack though when Gaiking isn't with us. High HP enemies are no fun.....but we cut them down nonetheless. 7 turn clear due to keeping my Lou outta the way.... Total turns 106

Stage 16-1: Gaiking Weapon FUB EN-20%. Time to bust some heads while I wait for more funds to get Godannar up to speed. Core Gunner dropped on turn one G Gunner gets the kill on Core Gunner and the bloodshed continues. Cleared turn 5 due to lack of power for other units. Total turn count 111

Edited by Blazing_Soul

Stage 32-1 - 5/317 Turns

Stage 32-2 - 5/322 Turns

Stage 33-1 - 5/327 Turns

Stage 33-2 - 6/333 Turns

Stage 34- 10/343 Turns

Stage 35 - 4/347 Turns

Final Stage - 6/353 Turns

Overall Total - 337 Turns + 16 Turns in Penalties.

This run could have been done so much better to be honest. I could have shaved off a lot of turns in the early and midgame if I had spent my money better. Those penalties on Stages 4, 7 and 8 could have been avoided as well.

Final Unit Analysis

Daikuu Maryuu (177 Kills)

2EN, 2 Armor

One of my main units during earlygame, lost steam when more of my units started showing but it never disappointed me.

Archangel (55 Kills)

From the time it showed up in Stage 13, I knew that spending money on the Archangel would be a waste of resources, needless to say I was right.

Revilas -> Solviras Rex/Solviras Regina (290 Kills)

EN 10, Accuracy 5, Mobility 5, Weapons 10

The main offensive force in my team, being able to hit everything for 10k damage without Valor and 40k+ with Regret Buster is a godsend in the draft.

Serius -> Selkerius (73 Kills)

EN 3, Weapons 5

Useful in the beginning in order to pump out extra damage, when it upgraded all it did was snipe the occasional grunt when necessary.

Serius II (63 Kills)

EN 3, Weapons 5

All I did with it was spam Shaker Combination during the midgame, during endgame all I did was spam Exhaust.

Strike Freedom (290 Kills)

HP2, EN10, Accuracy 5, Mobility 5, Armor 2, Weapons 10

Up there with Solviras Rex for pumping damage, outdamaged most of the cast even when it was sitting at base stats. It's map attack saves so many turns that it borders on ridiculous.

Dangaioh (213 Kills)

HP2, EN10, Accuracy 5, Mobility 2, Armor 5, Weapons 10

God tier damage dealer throughout with loads of useful spirits, shame that it's final attack doesn't naturally ignore barriers.

Murasame Liger (154 Kills)

EN 5, Accuracy 5, Mobility 5, Weapons 10

Needs Ignore Size asap to help it's damage output, having a combo attack that doesn't cost EN or use ammo is incredibly useful.

Infinite Justice (139 Kills)

HP2, EN10, Accuracy 5, Mobility 5, Armor 2, Weapons 10

Basically Strike Freedom without the map.

Strike Noir (100 Kills)

HP/EN/Acc/Mob/Armor 3, Weapons 10

A consistent backup unit throughout.

Build Angel (50 Kills)

EN 2

Shouldn't have spent any cash into this one, only useful as a unit to heal the ships.

Eternal (101 Kills)

HP/Acc/Mob/Weapons 2 EN/Armor 4

This was pretty good, considering that Lacus is just as good of a pilot as the main characters of the various series.

Legend (175 Kills)

HP/Armor 4 Acc/Mob 5 EN/Weapons 10

Shame this one didn't join earlier, Legend was a mapping beast.

Lanstag -> Lanstag Break (202 Kills)

HP/EN/Acc/Mob/Armor/Weapons 10

Useful unit but I went overboard with putting cash into this one. At least the upgrade inheritance saved me some issues with Space ratings late game.

Soul Tiger (87 Kills)

HP/EN/Acc/Armor 3 Mobility 4 Weapons 10

Helped out bit with removing annoying grunts.

Bio Volcano (89 Kills)

HP/Acc/Mob/Armor 3 EN/Weapons 10

Disappointed me initially but when everyone joined up for the endgame, it helped me snipe some troublesome enemies, the map was also useful on occasion.

Bio Ptera (138 Kills)

Unlike Heine and the Gouf Ignited, Bio Ptera was worth the turns that it cost me. Incredibly EN efficient since only it's only EN based attack uses a paltry 20 EN and it has a good ratings in the two terrains that mattered. That range reducing combo attack is an extremely useful asset as well.

Brustle Tiger (81 Kills)

HP/EN/Mob/Armor 3 Acc 4 Weapons 7

Only really useful for the 3rd route split. Helped out a bit with sniping endgame.

Gouf Ignite (Heine) (94 Kills)

HP/EN/Acc/Mob/Armor/Weapons 3

Cost me a bunch of turns in 19-2 and never made up for them. I should have just nuked him with Kira when he was an enemy, since that would have been more productive to the draft. Most of his kills came from tidying up leftovers when I didn't have most of my team.

Deadly Kong (100 Kills)

HP/EN/Acc/Mob 3 Armor 4 Weapons 10

Way more useful than I gave it credit for, deals great damage although it has a lot of natural flaws that are hard to overcome in this setting.

Lanstag (Souta) (93 Kills)

It took advantage of the inheritance and combo attack spammed grunts.

Stage 16-2: Turn count 9/120

Swapped parts around and finally took Gaiking away from Crab Bunker because no need for Heavy EN Regen until I get a part for it. Gaiking Godannar is what saved my @$$ so much this stage. Lost Goh and Anna and Lou so my team lost a lil power, nothing that Gaiking couldn't cover. Archangels Map Attack was very useful simpply for weaking the mooks so many mooks. With a full team to use I managed to get this done with a good pace.

Stage 17A: Turn count 12/132

Finally investing to the Godannar units but having only 7 for a map is screaming not fun. G-Gunner got B Save and more Gunfight with Core Gunner getting Gunfight also. Boosted the power of all units here ceause they need it. Hate having 7 units total Godannar is the new mook slayer due to that combo lvl 1. Neo-Okusaerfinally stepping her game up and actually killing mooks. Team Godannar is wrecking this map though. Then comes the next set of mooks.....having a movable battleship would have been better had to walk all the way to these guys due to the events.

Stage 18A: Turn count 8/140

Forced Fafner units = me not happy blah blah blah kill kill kill Fafner unit show up throw them in the ship. Blah blah blah more mooks show up and blah blah blah stage is done.

Side note I feel 19-1 is a little overwhelming for 4 units and a battleship fyi......

@Soul: 1 battleship and 4 units was exactly what I had at 19-1. I managed, if only barely. Good luck with that stage. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Final Stage: 5/295 turns.

I spent a couple turns killing mooks to build up morale. I whacked Ru Cobol on turn 4, trigerring his final form, then whacked him again on turn 5.

Final Analysis:

Daiku Maryu - 180 kills, 3 EN, 4 Accuracy, 1 Armor.

As a battleship, this thing is beyond useful. It has SR-level firepower, SR-level endurance, and a good COMBAT seishin set even, on top of Gain and Bless. It did a good chunk of mook-killing earlygame where I had so few units, and ferries my team for lategame. Overall, one of the best battleships I've ever used.

Archangel - 54 kills, 1 EN, 3 Accuracy.

Sucks and stays sucky. Shouldn't have wasted any money on this piece of junk, IMHO. Ferried my team for some route splits and that's it.

Revlias/Solvrias Rex - 351 kills, 10 bar everything.

Mainly a mook-killer for early to midgame until it gets its finisher and starts joining my bosskilling team. Once it combines, it turns into a murder machine, and the extra seishins from Angelica helps, especially accelerate. Pretty survivable and hits HARD, though its finisher costs a buttload of EN for sure.

Selius/Selkerius - 72 kills, 3 HP/EN/Mobility.

Repairs/resupplies/cleans up early on, combines with Revlias later on. That's about all it did.

Selius II - 54 kills, 3 HP/EN/Mobility.

Repairs/resupplies/cleans up all game long. Steals a couple bosskills with Luck around midgame thanks to Shaker Combination.

Dann of Thursday - 658 kills, 10 bar everything.

Dann is God. Period. This entire run would have been impossible without his greatness. He murders whatever even looks at him, and chops off 50k HP off bosses in one hit. He doesn't get his combo attacks, but I could care less. He just attack-combos multiple squads of mooks to death every round or whacks bosses in record time. Bow down and WORSHIP him, for he is your god!

Brownie - 70 kills, 1 Everything.

Repairs and occasionally cleansup. That's about it. Oh, also helps avoid a penalty while getting Michael and Fasalina.

Sausade of Sunday - 83 kills, 10 bar everything.

Not as good as you'd expect what with full FUB right off the bat, but pretty darn good anyway. Helps chipping down bosses in endgame.

Dahlia of Wednesday - 75 kills, 10 bar everything.

Slower than Sausade, but compensates with bunshin. About as good as her boyfriend.

Akatsuki - 193 kills, 10 Weapons, 6 EN, 6 Mobility, 2 Everything else.

MAPs the crap out of space stages, and works wonders as a counter-sniper in non-space stages. Its initial EN consumption was pretty bad though, which forces me to sink an E-Save on top of the -20% EN FUB. SEED only helps the carnage.

Destiny Gundam - 162 kills, 10 Weapons, 5 EN, 3 Mobility, 2 Everything else.

Excellent unit, good and powerful post-movement attack, high speed, bunshin, SEED for damage multiplier. Will pick again.

DOM Trooper - 65 kills, 4 Mobility, 2 Everything else.

Grunt. Helps clean up. Probably should have kept the Kong.

Mark Sein - 128 kills, 10 Weapons/EN, 8 Mobility, 3 HP, 2 Everything else.

Makes Festooms laughable with his instant-kill-Festoom ability, and otherwise puts a good dent on bosses with Twin Dock.

Mark Sieben - 60 kills, 10 EN/Weapons, 2 Everything Else.

Excellent counter-sniper, and it has Twin Dock for bosses. Overall, she performs very satisfactorily.

Mark Drei - 41 kills, 10 EN/Weapons, 2 Everything Else.

Helps clean up, and Triple Dock also dents bosses real well.

Mark Funf - 38 kills, 10 EN/Weapons, 2 Everything Else.

Tanks like a man, also usually Triple Docks bosses.

Mark Acht - 56 kills, 10 EN/Weapons, 2 Everything Else.

Another counter-sniper who also Triple Docks bosses.

Mark Vier - 19 kills, 10 Weapons, 8 Mobility, 3 HP/EN, 2 Everything else.

Resupply unit without any survival or damage issues. He comes late, but was pretty worth unlocking.

Mark Sechs - 11 kills, 10 Weapons, 8 Mobility, 3 HP/EN, 2 Everything else.

Repair unit with excellent survivability and damage. Comes late, but was still okay till the end.

Mark Eins - 127 kills, 10 Weapons, 4 Everything else.

Probably the worse Fafner unit, but still pretty okay overall, if underwhelming.

Babylon Model - 96 kills, 10 Weapons, 2 Everything else.

Also underwhelming, but 5000 damage attack combo move helps.

Molga Cannonry - 27 kills, 3 Everything.

Mostly repairs, resupplies, and Daunts. Ocassionally cleans up.

Edited by Kopfjager

Stage 19-1: Turn count 10+4/154

Four units makes me want to puke on this map with all these enemies. Oh yeah and my Battleship god I'm not gonna like this. After several failed attempts........I managed. The NPCs actually live and they didn't boss suicide themselves held off the mooks almost long enough but had to to use the lovely lady for a four turn penalty so I wouldn't get game over for the 8th time.......

Stage 19-2: Turn count 11/165

Three units and one battleship by far another of the most annoying stages so far.Rainbow Jerk got her boost so now she can actual kill easier now like I remember. Battleships built Ford Tough lol lasted until turn 9 which net me the team that I really needed Gaiking shows up and OHKOs Shinn with Open Face. Smashed all mooks/bosses and called it a stage. No units at the start was killer for me.

Stage 20: Turn count 8/173

Starting with everyone feels great after the last two nightmare chapters. With my full forces everything just keeps falling one after another. Steady moving along with a nice setup allowing me to sweep the enemies. Daiya keeps his boss killing quota this map.

Stage 21-1: Trun count 10/183

The Battleships get some love now each upgraded to +5 EN and +5 Weapons. New spirit commands + other units starting to learn combo attack makes this map more fun to run through.Core/G-Gunner makes for excellent long range over the wall attakers. We get to the last room on turn 8 then the real fun kicks up.G-Gunner payed with his life to get the damage down low enough top clear the boss on turn 10 but he will never be forgotten.

Stage 21-2: Turn count 3/186

Powering up original units this stage. Bosskillers (Gaiking, Godannar TDM, & G-Gunner) rush to the back, while Mist and co. handles the mooks and mini boss. After mini boss falls main one shows up to be shot by G-Gunner, Twin Drived by Godannar TDM, and Open Face smashed by Daiya. Quick map I enjoyed it.

My thoughts so far:

Daikuu Maryuu: So far has been very helpful, sad I had to lose them for a few chapter but now I can combo attack with them which is very nice.

Archangel: My saving grace for 19-1, that was the best I've seen it perform.

Revlias: Let's just say at the end of 21-2 Valor + Final Attack = just plain awesomeness.

Celius: Her movement boost is slowly growing to make me like her. Sadly she picked up her combo attack skill like right around the end of chapter 21-2 I noticed.

Celius II: My money magnet and that's what I plan to keep her as.

Goddannar/TDM: Well he does what he needs to well and giving him the attack combo early helped him plenty.

Gaiking: Let's just say ever since he had face open attack he's been my go to guy for any heavily armored bosses. Also has quite the lot of combo attacks I can use for maximum damage.

Fei Yen w/ VH: Showed up on chapter 20, then she started destroying a little bit. New money magnet for me.

Neo-Okusaer (Anna): At first she was just in the way, once she picked up combo attack she started handling the mooks on her own without Godannar.

Stinger: Upgraded and she has not let me down so far. Has extra combo attacks to take advantage of.

Core Gunner: Hit & Away is her saving grace though I do enjoy going to one range and watching machine gun boobs destroy my enemies.

Cosmo Diver: Used simply to get towards the Blade Gainer secret. Should be good to go so far I'll keep you updated.

Killer Jaguar: Another grunt money killer, He does well and Death Fire is a nasty combo attack I say.

Rainbow Jerk: She was just a benchwarmer for awhile but once I got her weapons up to 5 she started one-shotting a lot of mooks.

Crab Bunker: Since Gaiking has E-Save and EN-20% This guy doesn't have much else to do. Just dead weigh until I decide what I want to do with him. Having only a 1 rng and a 2-6 rng kinda hurts him.

G-Gunner: Worked on his Weapon levels and once I did, He became the one shot king. Gave him B-Save and now he just can kill kill kill.

Serpent: Serpent is starting to slack for me and well I'm waiting for Lee's upgrade really is all I'm doing.

Time for another update:

stage 17: 8/125 + 4. I take a penalty due to Gaiking not being able to escape combat.

stage 18: 6/131

stage 19-1: 7/138

stage 19-2: 8/146

stage 20: 8/154

stage 21-1: 13/167

stage 21-2: 3/170

stage 22: 5/175

stage 23: 3/178

stage 24-1: 4/182

stage 24-2: 4/186

stage 25: 4/190

Current turncount: 190 + 4.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Stage 22: Turn count 6/192

Three units and a Battleship I can't even use........This is gonna be so so much fun....Fei Yen w/ VH is a lifesavor for me, steady killing grunts for me thank goodness. Also not ethat Celius let me down running outta ammo to help fight more....lost a turn because of that.

Stage 23: Turn count 4/196

No upgrades cause I'm saving to max out Neo-Okusaer Weapon next chapter. Bamboolian shows up just to come and start MAP attacking things. Ever so useful took two turns to fell the first wave of foes. Then we moved on the left to smash the enemies. The last boss took a Valor hit from Gaiking and Godannar TDM which resulted in an enemy going boom.

Stage 24-1: Turn count 5/201

Upgraded Neo-Okusaer and Godannar to Weapons +10 finally. Now I can see Godannar TDM really take off in the damage area (48 EN for its Final Attack now). More mooks more problems I see loaded all these extra guys to the Archangel and took it from there. Wow I completely forgot about the killer WILL kill for everyone. Having less then 100 WILL sucks but Spirit Commands help even the issues.

Stage 24-2: Turn count 5/206

Maxed out the EN of Neo-Okusaer and Godannar for Twin Drive attacks and stuff for Godannar route coming soon. We start attacking the boss on turn 3 and Yes Godannar TDM did do the most damage 20K+ Damage. Bamboolian MAP attack is epic. Took out the surrounding mooks and gained 5 levels and a nice sum of cash. Gaiking served his purpose for the map, Godannar TDM smashed the boss, Mist did his thing barely. Rainbow Jerk was shot down to help us get the win we needed.

Stage 25: Turn count 3/209

Maxed the EN for Gaiking and started this map the best I could. Gaiking went West to smash one boss. Sent Goadannar TDM NE, Rainbow Jerk and G-Gunner SW, Core Gunner and Bamboolian SE, and the OG Units went NW where Mist managed to two turn the boss there. Godannar had it worst due to a lack of support. 3 turned by sheer luck that people were avoid by the AI.

Stage 26B: Turn count 8/217

Well maxed out G-Gunners Weapon so he has more ammo. Well with my luck I ended up losing a couple turns due to not knowiing where the enemies spawn from and I know I could shave like 3 turns if I was to play this again but that's not my thing I guess. Gaiking and Godannar TDM are my boss killers after the last damn route split......Core Gunner got swarmed and downed as well as Rainbow Jerk......Just my luck

Stage 27B Turn count 4/221

Gave Goh an extra Combo Attack part then to my amazement he just picked up another one after he leveled. So on turn 2 Gaiking and crew takes down one boss, and Goadannar TDM and crew takes down the other boss. Main boss shows up and the mooks he brings suicide themselves on the enemy phase of 2. Turn 3 Gaiking/Godannar/Revlias take down the boss. Then extra mooks show up south. Turn four Core/G-Gunner arrive to start nuking the mooks with Stinger/Serpent/Kill Jaguar/Bamboolian (I like mappers).

Stage 28: Turn count 6/227

Maxed out Mist with Break WILL Limit and his mech Weapons +10 to start preparing for end game. Sent Godannar to handle the mooks and the rest of the team to handle the real threat. After that I use my full forces to take on the Original bosses, the MAP attacks they have suck but Neo-Okusaer/Godannar/Gaiking live. Turn 6 comes and Core/G-Gunner managed to help destroy our enemies. The barrier these these bosses are carrying makes taking them down annoying as all hell. Then events happen people get hurt and a boss falls on turn 6 causing us to stage to come to a close.

Stage 29: Turn count 7/234

Powered up Original units are now sitting at Celius II (Upgraded Form) now has max Weapons of 10. Then starting this nightmare of a stage. We move forward and it goes like this. Turn 1 mooks fall that get close enough, turn 2 one boss takes a dive, turn 3 more mooks and the next boss dies. G-Gunner hit the second to last boss after overdevil hard but he paid the price to help, Serpent was shot down trying to help also. Last boss I had to ferry Gaiking and Godannar TDM due to bad luck on my part.

Stage 30C: Turn count 7/241

Godannar units get the love from here on out. Maxed out Godannar to prepare for Blade Gainer Then gave him All terrian A bonus since we will be in space soon. Mooks die by turn 3, then the real nightmare comes. Blade Gainer TDM shows up and I leave it as a one on one fight until Mist MAPs the extra mooks that show up. By turn 5 most mooks are dead and Blade Gainer TDM is just almost dead. Could finished on turn 6 but I forgot to put some parts on my extra guys and they did kick in enough power for me.

Stage 31-1C: Turn count 6/247

Neo-Okusaer almost maxed out everywehere (HP maxed & Armor maxed & Mobility up to +6). Getting ready to start everything with a bang now. Looks like Go-Okusaer shows up at the start so thank goodness I invested when I did. On turn 2 G Zero Gunner arrives to start nuking mooks with his new style. Did not expect the enemies to come from the west so Turn 2 & 3 was a little underpowered. 60K HP boss takes a while without Godannar TDM but we keep moving forward slowly. Turn 5 Mist clears out the mooks with his MAP attack, then turn 6 we take the beast down. G Zero Gunner is the MVP holding the line until everyone else got over to help.

Stage 31-2C: Turn count 6/253

Invested into Go-Okusaer since she will be combining with Godannar.......wait scratch that went to boost up G Zero cause he's awesome. Fighting Godannar was no easy task. Took two turns weaken him and 3 resets so I didn't actually kill him by mistake. So turn 4 the real boss shows up and we get to start mashing more mooks that it brings. Damn high HP Gundum bosses sucks (Mindless drones I guess) they get smashed on turn 5 and I send Mist and Goh to start boss smashing. Turn 6 we recover from being MAPed by the boss and he falls thanks to Godannar TDM. Also I get to see Triple Drive done and that was quite rewarding to see.

Stage 32-1: Turn count 5/258

No investing into anything but I now have everyone I drafted so it's time to put them all to work now. I hope none of them let me down this chapter. Turn one after loading up the team and moving north. Michael seems to want to be chancy and attacks both battleships. Turn 2 the onslaught begins, (I never noticed how much the game scales to your levels after all) Daiya starts brawling with Michael with Goh & Kouji playing backup, and Fasalina gets bashed by Go/Neo-Okusaer and the rest of the female cast. Birthday has a nasty MAP attack and well I barely lived through it for my less upgraded teammates on enemy phase 3. Comes turn 4 I plow everything I got into dropping him. Do all these last stage bosses start packing barriers on them? I like seeing free awesome attacks but damn Birthday has way too much HP 150K so much health I hate it. Stupid event where he regened and got his health sucked, looks like Birthday goes boom on turn 5 and his leftover mooks go along with him.

Final Strech Team Guesstimate:

Daiku Maryu: A wonderful battleship to have when you have the Gaiking crew drafted too. Great combo attacks with Superior Sting and allows Gaiking to do another devistating Combo Attack when planned right can do over 20K damage.

Archangel: I feel like I shouldn't have invested into this Battleship. Barely gets any action and all I ever try to use her for is just to MAP attack stuff, other then that dead weight.

Revlias/Solvrias Rex: Mist has some fun uses and well he's my top killer since he's been able to combine and gained a MAP attack. Still destroys without combining and that's what counts.

Celius: She does her thing but I haven't been investing too many resources into her since she's not combining into anything. She's still ok for taking out grunts luckily.

Selcelius/Solvrias Regina: Our winner to team up with Mist and glad she did cause well she has been my money magnet and now that she can combine with Mist and give it to him for MAP attacks my funds don't have it too bad.

Goddannar: Team attacks with Go/Neo-Okusaer makes me happy, combining with Go/Neo-Okusaer makes me love this guy. Being able to do the second most powerful Team attack in the game makes me fanboy over this guy.

Gaiking: Like since mid-game combo attacks are what keeps him going. On 32-1 I finally broke out Gaiking The Great, and I broke 30K damage with him. Daiya is a great draftee if used right.

Fei Yen w/ VH: Even with no new upgrades invested she does well on her own. She can attack 2 groups of mooks and I have no problems using that to my advantage.

Go-Okusaer (Anna): Since she switched to her new mech Anna is still knocking out grunts. Thank goodness she can still do stuff without Godannar like she did on 31-1C and 31-2C.

Superior Stinger: Since the upgrade to Superior Stinger I sunk investments into EN and weapons. Not a bad call I think.

Core Gunner: Being able to attack two groups and not be countered from them makes her a wonderful pilot to have.

Celeblader: Lou just is something I guess great Team Attack with Blade Gainer isn't bad. Also becoming sub pilot for Blader Gainer TDM makes her still useful.

Kill Jaguar: Great for fight grunts still. But I leave the bosses to the heavyhitters.

Rainbow Jerk: Was great all the way to the end of the Zoids maps that I went through. Then she just seems to have problems after that due to being one shotted by the original enemy grunts now.....

Crab Bunker: I have no more use for him because his options for attack sucks. Not even using him for his EN purposes anymore, I just deploy him and he kills maybe two grunts a stage.

G Zero-Gunner: Ever since I threw the Weapon upgrades to him he has the role of being a boss killer breaking damage into 5 digits now.

Bamboolian: All I can say for him is B Save and MAP attacks makes him so useful for clearing mooks.

Vulking: Lee likes his new mech but he's a little behind due to the fact that I knew he would leave Serpent so I just let him be after awhile. Gave him Hit & Away so he can keep up with the group.

Raiking: Nouza finally arrives on my team and with his new mech he goes around being a Grim Reaper. So far he's useful but we will see soon enough.

Blade Gainer: Ken was not fun to fight for one, but now that we got him on our team I just can't stop using him. I used as regular and as TDM, he wrecks all no matter which one is. Glad I drafted him.

Neo-Okusaer (Milla): She lucked out getting an almost maxed mech to use. Well she is an alternate for Anna if I decide to do so.

Serpent: Lee's now unused mech and well I'm glad/sad it's gone mainly because I put investments into that mech and I lost an EN unit.

Down to the final leg of my journey, I'll have the last few stages done and maybe later today I guess. Then it's off to L to try that one out.

I wish I would've drafted more MAP attack mechs........not happy about that

Edited by Blazing_Soul

Stage 32-2: Turn count 6/264

Well I'd have an update but my computer crashed and I'm already on 33-2.

Stage 33-1: Turn count 7/271

Same as 32-2 so I'm like whatever for update this part. All I can say is that Triple Drive is a OHKO almost.

Stage 33-2: Turn count 5/276

Another space fight.......hate these fights..... I split my team Godannar smashes the left and Gaiking crew destroys the right. Core Gunner is my reliable space sniper, followed by G Zero-Gunner. On turn 3 the first two bosses fell to their respective teams. Then the real boss showed up. Luckily Mist was there ready to fire his MAP attack which took out half the mooks and put a nice dent into the boss. This boss regens like 32K HP a turn.......Glad he died in two turns mooks fell after his demise.

Stage 34: Turn count 8/284

Almost done two more after this. No upgrades this chapter but I'll figure out the last upgrades come the last chapter. Virtual on mooks suck cause they don't move. Luckily I had a strong Core Gunner and G Zero-Gunner to snipe groups of them at one time. The plan this map was load everyone on the Battleship move dump kill rinse and repeat. I also put Archangel to work and had her sniping from the other side of the stage because that's all she's barely good for. 6 50K HP bosses makes the last part not fun.......But now with all the kings at Weapon +10 makes it a little more bearable. Cleared on turn 8 because of how long this damn trip to get to the boss was.

Stage 35: Turn count 3/287

Only one more stage to go. The plan for the map load up on to the Daiku Maryu then bum rush to the boss. My battleship is the best Daiku Maryu ends the stage with 170 HP after tanking the mooks like a boss. Annoying but quick because it's a defeat boss stage. 3 turns to clear it.

Final Stage: Turn count 5/292

Sold everything not needed maxed out a lot of stuff I could but in the end not too many got the love they needed. Because of a bad move on my part the final boss got off two MAP attacks and let's just say if I didn't invest good into the mech they went bye bye on enemy phase turn 4. Turn 5 starts and with a Final attack from Mist and Godannar TDM it went to a nice ending.

Total turn count 288 +4 for the terrible 19-1 stage

End game review: *Unless noted none listed boost are at 0*

Daiku Maryu - Kills 102 HP/EN/Armor/Weapons +10 Acc +6

This battleship made me glad to have the whole Gaiking crew drafted. Held it's own when I needed Lulu too most.

Archangel - Kills 84 EN/Weapons +5

Just outright not the best battleship to have only use I had for it was getting me through 19-1. Other then that nothing good to say about that ship.

Revlias/Solvrias Rex - Kills 312 All +10

Well I used him mainly for his MAP attack once he gained one. After that the grunt killing he turned into a boss-slayer like the rest of the heavyhitters.

Celius - Kills 100 Weapons +6 HP +4 EN +3

I kinda had her not doing much on the last like 6 chapters and well I'm not mad about it. Maybe would've had more use if she combined with Mist but maybe next time.

Selcelius/Solvrias Regina - Kills 83 Weapons +10 EN +7 Acc/Armor +1

Became a backseat driver once she could combine with Mist. Nothing else to say but her final Spirit Command made the final boss HP drop so much more faster.

Fei Yen w/ VH - Kills 108 Weapons +10 Everything else +3

She actual does a good job once you put time into her. I was glad to have her drafted because her combo attacks helped take out groups at a time from Stage 32-Final.

Bamboolian - Kills 175 Weapons +10 Everything else +3

Didn't really use when I played this the first time I played this game. Here I'm glad I put him to use. His MAP attack help cleared the way since he joined the team. A shame that he only 3 shots due to the fact I invested a B save into him.

Rainbow Jerk - Kills 91 Weapons +6 EN +5 HP +1

Overall she was an ok pick, but I guess unless I do draft where I get all zoids I'll leave her be from now on.

Goddannar - Kills 235 All +10

Very glad I drafted this guy. He did his thing so much and when I accidentally gave him an extra combo he became a outstanding boss attacker/grunt destroyer around the bosses.

Go-Okusaer (Anna) - Kills 96 HP/EN/Mobility/Weapons +10 Armor +7

She was ok without combining with Godannar but she does her thing. I invested a lot of resources into her and it paid off from the moment she switched to her new mech.

Neo-Okusaer (Milla) - Kills 106 HP/EN/Weapons +10 Armor +7 Mobility +1

Getting a fully weapon bonus mech after being seen since stage 1 but not usable until 30s makes her so much fun.......I did enjoy the fact that I did pick her.

Blade Gainer - Kills 144 All +10

Ken was the best unit to have gotten in a draft when he arrives when he does. Since I maxed out Godannar he got the same treatment. If I want to go Godannar units again on another K draft I will.

Celeblader - Kills 19 HP/EN/Weapons +10 Armor +7 Acc/Mobility +4

Well she was a great pick none the less and I will say that I enjoyed using her. I will not regret using her again if the chance comes to me. Using her to do Triple Drive was just as fun and she has an awesome combo attack with Blade Gainer.

Core Gunner - Kills 183 Weapons +10 Acc +3 HP +2

Yes this sniper made everything start off easy. She learned the +2 range Spirit Command and her learning Hit & Away made her even more useful when I had her.

G Zero-Gunner - Kills 182 Weapons +10 Acc +7 HP +4

This guy was a heavy hitter when mid game hit. I gave him full weapon upgrades and a combo attack so he started hitting hard he took out groups of mooks at a time.

Gaiking - Kills 211 EN/Weapons +10 HP +4 Acc/Armor +2 Mobility +1

Glad I had Daiya and his Gaiking. After investing properly he was able to help the rest of the Daiku Maryu crew by letting them use him to combo attack making the weaker members so much more useful.

Superior Stinger - Kills 135 EN/Weapons +10

I'll say this about Stinger, best supporter to Daiku Maryu/Gaiking crew ever. Able to combo attack with two other units is awesome. I just had to invest into the EN department to actually keep her in good use.

Kill Jaguar - Kills 97 Weapons +6 Everything else +2

He's a great guy to have since he helped me get my funds when he showed up. Was a nice guy to have maybe I should have invested more into him but he was good to almost end game. Soon the grunts just almost became too much for him.

Crab Bunker - Kills 26 0 upgrades cause he was no fun

Was great in the beginning only due to the fact that Gaiking needed EN regen. Afterwords killed a mook every now & then, after that he had no real use anymore once Gaiking got moving. Annoying weapon selection makes for him to be more annoying to use.... early on anyway.

Vulking - Kills 86 Weapons +10 Everything else +4

Yes Sniper King shows up and he did his job great. Lee was so so in the Serpent and now that he was in Vulking he actually steps up a lot.

Raiking - Kills 126 Weapons +10 Everything else +4

After investing a Hit & Away into him he started being a lot more useful. Lack of combo attack units made him just be a heavyhitter for bosses only.

Now time to get ready for my journey to L

Edited by Blazing_Soul

I'm on 229 + 4 turns after stage 31-1, so I'll probably outdo you, Soul. It's interesting to see how the novice players beat the ones who at least played this game before. I suppose having a solid earlygame matters more than having lategame.

stage 25: 4/190

stage 26: 5/195

stage 27: 6/201

stage 28: 5/206

stage 29: 9/215

stage 30: 7/222

stage 31-1: 7/229

stage 31-2: 6/235

stage 32-1: 5/240

stage 32-2: 3/243

stage 33-1: 6/248

stage 33-2: 8/256

stage 34: 9/265

stage 35: 3/368

final: 6/274 (Solvrias, Jeeg and Gainer did pretty much all the damage to the boss)

Total turn count: 274 + 4 turns = 278

Accidentally saved over the save I made before heading into final, so no precise upgrade lists or kill counts.

Thoughts on units:

Solvrias Rex:

Got a ton of skills, full gunfight (which I now kind of regret, but I didn't have anyone with a ranged attack for a finisher) and was upgraded pretty early. Also sat at 15 weapons for endgame. Yes. I am the only one to have broken the 10 weapons upgrades on any mech. It also got some EN and mobility and that was about it. Just like everyone else, he sits atop my killcount list.

Selius I:

6 weapons and mobility, enough EN to get two team attacks off. In hindsight I suppose upgrading it as much as I did was a bit of a waste because it and the selius II weren't particularly helpful.

Selius II:

shares upgrades with Selius I. Just like the Selius I but worse, later on simply used as the second mech for a combiner. She gives Mist Luck, though.

Daikuu Maryuu:

Some slight EN and hitrate upgrades. Mostly got away with repair kits the other restore X parts. Was my top ace for the earlygame, and became more useless as the game progressed.

Archangel:

AFAIK it should be able to get more shots off than the Maryuu, and it has better range. Unfortunately for it, those shots do less damage and it takes more damage. Pass

Jeeg:

15 weapons, a little EN and mobility. Second place on killcount list. Damage is up there with the Solvrias Rex and if the weapon upgrades come early, he one shots grunts forever. Got 9 infight. Has a habit of one shotting weaker bosses.

New Big Shooter:

Partner filler for the Jeeg, giving Jeeg EN regen and Accel is pretty useful. The secondary pilot also gets Bless.

King Gainer:

15 weapons, 10 EN, some mobility. It got it's best finisher way late in the game, but ended up hitting the end boss with almost 40k damage per valor'd shot. One of the top units this run. I didn't give this guy the infights he deserved. Can be problematic on space stages, because he relies quite a bit on his S air for dodge.

Panthers:

10 weapons and 10 mobility for all. So they join at the same time, then Sarah leaves you for a bit, you get her back, Bello and Gauli leave for a long time, and then they finally all come back. Their team attack is what defines them in terms of damage, they get combo way late and damage of their other weapons is just not worth it. Bello not having Alert hurts. S ground keeps them dodgy through most of the game. Overall they never quite influenced the outcome of the game.

Under-golems:

10 weapons. See Panthers, their team attack does less damage, they join way late, skillsets aren't useful for bossfights at all and they don't have repair. Definitely worse drafts than the Panthers, definitely the most useless units on my team.

Golem:

10 weapons. Does surprisingly well at base. Like all of the Gainer midgamers, has no ranged options. Pretty good grunt killer, all in all, though not boss killing material.

Rushrod:

Note: joins in the 20's, not earlygame. 10 weapons. Also does surprisingly well. Threw the Gotchko's pilot into it because I heard he gets natural level 2 in combo, and he did. Pretty good.

Dominator:

10 weapons. Has no range, but the best dodge rates of the Gainer midgamers and pretty good damage.

Strike gundam:

10 weapons, some mobility. Piloted by Kira. He was a solid grunt killer with it, and could usually get some hits in on bosses because they had trouble hitting him.

Murasame:

10 weapons, some mobility. Piloted by Athrun. Regret not upgrading it earlier. Should have, definitely before throwing points into the Panthers. It was basically Strike without the PS armor, but with flight mode and a 7 range weapon.

Temjin 747:

10 weapons, some EN and 7 or so mobility. Temjin had troubles not being hit, even at 170 or so mobility. Got early level 3 combo and was a consistent grunt killer. Did alright against bosses.

Temjin Type A8:

Upgrades same as other Temjin. I had it for like 3 maps and it did alright in them.

Sword Wolf:

10 weapons, 8 or so mobility. Has all sorts of problems, like not being able to hit flying enemies, not having great dodge etc etc. Overall I think I should have upgraded it earlier than I did (late game).