dak sous is literally the hulk hogan

Integrity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estus. Dak sous.

I'm so lost. Reading this is like having a story told to me by the community. Only I am still pretty clueless

So, maybe it's because I changed my gamertag for windows live? That's the only thing I can think of. I was playing, then changed my gamertag. Kept playing so thought it was fine. Then the first time I quit and tried to go back on again there was no load game option.

That's kind of stupid if that's the reason it's gone.

So, maybe it's because I changed my gamertag for windows live? That's the only thing I can think of. I was playing, then changed my gamertag. Kept playing so thought it was fine. Then the first time I quit and tried to go back on again there was no load game option.

That's kind of stupid if that's the reason it's gone.

Changing your gamer tag gets rid of your save data.

For some reason.

._.

That's really stupid. They could've warned me. Oh well, time to play other games for a while until I'm willing to go back and start over.

I changed it because I'd never made a proper name in the first place. It was some default thing and when I created the account I didn't know how to change it. So I finally decided to look into making a new name. Oh, and there was already a Narga, so I had to go with NargaSF.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I got it back. Had to find it on my computer and then move it to the new gamertag folder. Apparently, in the libraries/documents/nbgi/darksouls folder there are separate folders for each gamertag, and of course if you change your name it doesn't get copied over so I had to do it myself. Find old gamertag, ctrl+c, find new gamertag, ctrl+v. Et voila.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yes, well, I looked into it because I was at 90+ hours. If it was only 10 I might not have gone onto the steam forums and searched for "save" in the forum and found out where the thing is saved. Once I knew what folder it was in I thought to myself, "self, is it possible that 'Chloe' is still there and she can be moved to the new gamertag", so I went there and guessed all I had to do was copy over the save file.

Also, I'm guessing it doesn't store the save files separately for each character under the gamertag. I think there is just a binary save file for the entire thing. No sending our characters to each other without fiddling with the save files each time we want to switch back to our original.

so I have no idea what to do now that I've killed the wonder twins and let FRAMPT eat all my unused shit

I vaguely remember somethingsomething catacombs something four lords of new londo?

EDIT: I'm on my way to the painted world now, but I assume that's kinda sidequesty given what I had to do to get in there.

EDIT2: trent i swear half the time i look at this thread you're reading it but you never post

LURK HARDER

Edited by Integrity

Yes, well, you can go to the painted world, no reason not to do the sidequest now.

Afterwards, Frampt told you there are 4 soul shards, so go get'em.

Or there are the sidequests like the additional content and Ash Lake. Or you can join a covenant and start PvPing to get some covenant items or whatever.

I still think you should finish the catacombs in order to get more estus flask uses.

Does anyone else feel bad when they invade (and beat) another player? Particularly when they summoned someone and are clearly just trying to beat the boss. And those two guys had such pathetic weapons, too. Did so little damage to me in Crimson +5/5/4 equipment (except the gloves, since they suck. Go Wanderer Manchette +9). I mean, we aren't talking Havel's equipment, here, but I even got backstabbed for only 2/5 of my hp. I don't even have that much hp. Most of my points went into faith, strength, intelligence.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Sigh, getting summoned takes forever sometimes. Interesting to fight in new game+ when I haven't beaten it yet, though. Guess my SL is too high or something. Oops. I desperately wanted the stats to use a spell and a miracle that I haven't actually used since I got them.

Edit: Yay. Finally got my 10th sunlight medal and thus great lightning spear. Oh, and I suppose it was nice to help 7 people beat bosses. I guess. Two of which were clearly on new game+, though I was more help the second time I ended up in NG+. Still, that good feeling would be a lot bigger if it didn't take so incredibly long to get summoned sometimes, though.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

crystal cave

already cruised through izilhar and tomb of giants and new londo

Weird. I'm doing the exact opposite order. Crystal cave then new londo then tomb of giants and only now am I going to izalith. Well, I'm there now, already.

hulk hogan is cool

fuck the hulk hogan he no good. i break his back with the camel clutch, fuck him in the ass with the ten ince and make him humble. you KNOW who is the real legend. and i love the thanksgiving.

i have done it

i have conquered the dak sous

with base faith, int, and attunement for a bandit

EDIT: i also wore the fang boar helm and no other for the entire game after the bullpig

Edited by Integrity