Characters You Forced Yourself to be Good With

Randoman

And I didn't remember that humans couldn't repair...I can't believe I'd ever say this about Warcraft III, but that's wild!

Oh, they can; it was badly worded. I mean that without Frozen THrone I don't have the option of buying a Tiny Great Hall, and if I'm not playing as humans I can't fast build (using repair) the expansion quickly, so my favoured strategy's out of the window.

Oh, they can; it was badly worded. I mean that without Frozen THrone I don't have the option of buying a Tiny Great Hall, and if I'm not playing as humans I can't fast build (using repair) the expansion quickly, so my favoured strategy's out of the window.

Aaah. Ya. That's pretty damned important. I just checked, and humans have one of the longest town hall build times, too (roughly tied with NE, counting entangling a gold mine).

Well that's based off TFT, and on the bnet site (may have current patch for tft, or may be outdated), so it might not actually apply...I just checked because it did feel like town hall built slower if not fastbuilt.

And undead (not counting fastbuild) have the shortest, even if a necropolis with it is expensive. Maybe that's part of the reason I "feel" good with them...I often tend to avoid a real rush, and tech whenever it seems possible.

Edited by Mouse

Off the top of my head, using charge and grappling characters in fighters. Namely, Zangief, Guile and Dee Jay. Used to be really good with Guile but I've long since forgot how to play him. I miss hitting people with flash kicks and making it look like it was done with no charge time.

Gief is my current main right now whenever I get dragged onto SSFIV:AE, and it went from me only being able to grab people after jumps or on wake up to doing it whenever I wanted. Easily the biggest difference in play style I noticed in myself.

In other games, learning to play other races in the Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War series was a big thing. I only really know how to play the orks. Ended up learning the other races so I could learn how to best exploit weaknesses. Eldar gave me the most trouble, being forced to play quite a bit outside my comfort zone. Same goes for the Tau.

Dota 2 - Nature's Prophet. Because teleporting around the map to harass and gank people is hilarious. Still getting used to farming with him, in addition to use the tree's he can summon effectively.

That would be Link from the first smash game. I completely sucked with him when I first started and quickly settled for Fox as my main. I liked Link however so I just started every first match I played with Link till I was good with him.

I ditched him in melee and brawl since young and toon Link where much better in my opinion.