Map sprite insertion errors

Mrbrkill

I'm following this tutorial http://forums.grandb...pic,2709.0.html and using un-LZ- GBA

I've taken lyn's standing sprite, and pasted over the female pirate animation, but now when i try to insert it, I get this error

"Error image not indexed"

How can I resolve this error, or if link me to a tutorial that explains importing custom map sprites better.

Edit: Also is there a hidden male priest animation, or do i have to import it?

Edited by Mrbrkill

I'm following this tutorial http://forums.grandbell.net/index.php/topic,2709.0.html and using un-LZ- GBA

I've taken lyn's standing sprite, and pasted over the female pirate animation, but now when i try to insert it, I get this error

"Error image not indexed"

How can I resolve this error, or if link me to a tutorial that explains importing custom map sprites better.

It means your image doesn't have a palette.

You should probably use GBA Graphics Editor and follow this tutorial instead.

but what is the format that is needed.

The same format you have. The problem is, you're probably using colors that don't belong in the palette.

Or you're trying to insert it without a palette.

That tutorial is ANCIENT. For one, it has you slicing it up into awkward formats. When you can just adjust the width and height with GBA Graphics Editor and have a nice simple map sprite image to edit:

FE7DancerMapSprite.pngRoyMasterLordMoving.pngFEChildFemaleMapSpriteFlashbackPale.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've been trying to insert this sprite post-6386-008802200 1357959022_thumb.png.

If i insert it with the player phase sprite (pointer 194594) the pallets out of order, causeing it to look all screwed up.

How can i fix the pallet?

If i try to arrange the pallets using Usenti, it just mixes it self back up again.

Is there a way i can fix the pallet?