Has anyone actually tired to level up Merlinus?

I know in Sealed Sword Merlinus gets 1 exp point or each time an enemy attacks him, meaning it he would need to be attacked 100 times or a single level up. So, out of curiosity I was wondering, has anyone actually made an attempt to level up in Sealed Sword (without cheating)?

I know in Sealed Sword Merlinus gets 1 exp point or each time an enemy attacks him, meaning it he would need to be attacked 100 times or a single level up. So, out of curiosity I was wondering, has anyone actually made an attempt to level up in Sealed Sword (without cheating)?

Not even once

I remember someone saying they got Merlinus up to level 20, but that was a few years ago and they could have been lying. Personally, I've never even considered leveling up Merlinus.

I remember someone saying they got Merlinus up to level 20, but that was a few years ago and they could have been lying. Personally, I've never even considered leveling up Merlinus.

It isn't exactly a great accomplishment either, since it requires little to no skill. I doubt he'd even get past level 1 by my endgame.

Pointless. It can be made faster with confidence and ROM's, but it's too easy to keep him out of harm's way.

Basically what Fox said. If people can't keep Merlinus alive, then they seriously need to up their game.

I find leveling up Merlinus, boring, tedious, and near useless. Like people above me have stated, it's much easier and simpler to just keep him out of harm's way.

Anyone who has the patience to level him to level 2 would amaze me.

Best of luck anyone who takes on that challenge - isn't there something better you could be doing with your time though ;)

- isn't there something better you could be doing with your time though ;)

Trying to give Niime a perfect level up? Maxing out Marcus's stats? Those sound like good alternatives.

This topic = jokes.

Theres no way he'd ever be Lv. 20 in this game ever. Unless you just put him in the center of the enemies where they can attack him and so he can somehow dodge to gain +1 exp each per attacks...Of course that would be a complete waste of time and he could easily be slaughtered anyways.

This topic = jokes.

Theres no way he'd ever be Lv. 20 in this game ever. Unless you just put him in the center of the enemies where they can attack him and so he can somehow dodge to gain +1 exp each per attacks...Of course that would be a complete waste of time and he could easily be slaughtered anyways.

If you're saying it's impossible, I disagree. You can just wall him between two walls and continually heal him. You'd be getting 1 exp per turn, and it would take 2000 turns. But it is doable with enough perserverance.