How is this game supposed to be played on H5 efficiently?

Junkhead

I started a H5 run here because I kind of missed this game, and wanted something new.

So I checked the tier list, and as I expected, Sheida and a ton of healers were top tier. But why is that? How am I supposed to use their full potential?

-But how do I deal with her horrendous durability?

It is generally assumed that the Chapter 6 seraph robe goes to Caeda, as to give her enough durability at base to survive most of the bosses' attacks after that point(Harmein can proc enough attack to OHKO robe!Caeda, but that's rare and if you are that paranoid, remember that she only needs to get +1 HP or defense in order to survive him and Zhukov.) Promotion gives her +4HP/+5def, assuming a dracoknight promotion(since falcoknight is wi-fi exclusive, and even if it wasn't, Caeda needs the str/def), which equates to, at absolute minimum, 27HP/12def after the robe. This will survive every physical boss's attack from that point on outside of Camus(who one-shots you with his 42 attack; one might fight him for the Gradivus, since it is a generally good weapon.)and Michalis(who two shots you with a brave weapon; why Caeda of all people is fighting him, I don't know.)

-How do I get Marth to Seize in time with very limited Warp uses?

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to start warpskipping until Chapter 7 at the earliest. You don't have the warp uses to do it any earlier. Also, it is better to halfskip maps in most cases(have your bosskiller go up on his/her own and kill the boss, then warp Marth to seize.)

-Won't the rest of your team stay underleveled?

Unfortunately, this is a byproduct of warpskipping: By not engaging enemies, you don't get experience for your other characters, which means that they will end up underleveled in return. Therefore, it's a good idea to use characters with strong bases to make up for the lack of exp.

Edited by Vanguard James

The first few maps are rough, requires a bit of teamwork, ganging up on people, lots of Barst and Ogma use. Give all EXP you can to Shiida and her forged Win Spear, especially bosskills, so she can promote ASAP. The better you plan, the earlier you can start finishing maps by warping Shiida and Marth to the boss.

Yeah, most of your team ends up sucking, but as long as you keep warpskipping your team doesn't matter. Check dondon's 0% runs if you really need a video of how it's done.

depends on the map

on something like chapter 15, caeda can reach the boss in 2 turns and you only need to warp marth

on something like chapter 17, marth can walk to the throne in 3 turns so you don't really need to warp either

chapter 20, warp both

I think it's obvious that when we talk about "effeciency" in SF, we are usually talking about "lowest turncounts" or something resembling that.

I don't really see how anything else could be efficient. It's not so subjective as some people think...if winning the game with minimal resources and as fast and easy as possible, I don't know what else is.

A lot of people also mean "lazy playing" when they talk about efficiency, which is nearly the polar opposite of straight LTC. I guess the lazy playing in H5 would be a Sedgar solo with liberal Warp usage to avoid demanding aspects of certain chapters.

LTC kind of efficiency is different as there's more planning and effort involved. Even if you warp most of the chapters, you have to plan where and how you'll do it, how to trade the warp staves around, who will bosskill and how, etc.

I think it's obvious that when we talk about "effeciency" in SF, we are usually talking about "lowest turncounts" or something resembling that.

I don't really see how anything else could be efficient. It's not so subjective as some people think...if winning the game with minimal resources and as fast and easy as possible, I don't know what else is.

It's MJE.

Also, MJE, I'm still waiting for you to link one of your articles for me to critique.