Awakening preview!

Tarquin

Well about the prologue change, the japanese version says the DLC Gate open after clearing Chapter 4.

Nintendo press release said it's gonna open after clearing Chapter 5. So this might be the cause.

I also hope he is wrong about the DLC being free for only one week, especially since Japan it was available for more than a month... And i really doubt i will be able to get the game where i live in such a short time.

Not that i'm worried...it's actually the cheapest DLC anyway...not really a big deal..

Well about the prologue change, the japanese version says the DLC Gate open after clearing Chapter 4.

Nintendo press release said it's gonna open after clearing Chapter 5. So this might be the cause.

I also hope he is wrong about the DLC being free for only one week, especially since Japan it was available for more than a month... And i really doubt i will be able to get the game where i live in such a short time.

Not that i'm worried...it's actually the cheapest DLC anyway...not really a big deal..

Yeah, I'm hoping that the first DLC is free for more than a week, if not then it's no big deal.

Yeah, the Prologue chapter counts as a Mission, so nothing's changed.

Edited by Ace Tactician

Serenes Forest has now updated Awakening's news column yet again with the Destuctoid preview, stating it will have dual-audio. If it IS a mistake or trolling on behalf of the previewer, a lot of people are going to be pissed. But I'm going to be optimistic and say it definitely isn't!

You know, i'm actually glad they kept Lunatic Mode, even though i never played such difficulty before.

I was actually afraid they might pull something like Easy, Normal, Hard.

Or even worse, pull something like they did with Radiant Dawn....Easy mode was actually JP Normal Mode, Normal Mode was JP Hard Mode and Hard Mode was JP Lunatic Mode...

I believe that's what causes people ( majority who play casually ) to despise the Dawn Brigade so much as they are actually think ''Eh, easy ? Nah, normal is cool'' and then they are actually playing in Hard Mode , when pretty much almost every character can be 2 shotted and you need to play a bit more defensive than they are used to in previous games.

That's what happened to me anyway, only learned the difficulty stuff here weeks ago after i beat the game after losing tons of characters and reseting some chapters numerous times ( only on lord deaths - cough cough Micaiah and Sothe )

Edited by Lanko

You know, i'm actually glad they kept Lunatic Mode, even though i never played such difficulty before.

Since Lunatic Mode is called Insane Mode now, will the next mode after be called Insane Plus, Crazy, or Maniac?

Since Lunatic Mode is called Insane Mode now, will the next mode after be called Insane Plus, Crazy, or Maniac?

Well, the only mode that is higher is Lunatic plus, so by proxy, the next highest will be called Insane/Insanity+.

Who are Panne and Morgan? Hah, Morgan's my brothers name.

Panne is Velvet, and Morgan is most likely Mark.

EDIT: Damnit, ninja'd.

Edited by Diortem

From IGN "An exciting aspect about Awakening is that it's easier than ever for those new to the franchise (or to strategy RPGs in general) to jump right in. In addition to varying difficulty levels - Normal, Hard, Lunatic and, for those who beat the game on Lunatic, the painful-sounding Lunatic Plus - you can also choose to play the game in Casual or Classic mode. Casual mode means that fallen team members return after battle, rather than remaining dead forever (a la classic FE gameplay). Casual mode also allows you to save anytime you want, even in the middle of a battle. Fire Emblem faithful will likely never touch this mode, but it should prove a wonderful tool for those who just want to breeze through the game to see the story, or are still testing the strategy RPG waters.", are they sure it called Insane Mode? :/

Edited by chromnom

I just checked that there is an another info from the Nintendo Website that it did say unlocks after completing the fifth mission, Avatar as Chrom's right hand man (that it didn't say about brother/sister), Outrealm Gate, and it said the first DLC map is free for a limited time only, but I don't see anything about Insane mode.

Here's this info that I found: Source

EDIT: Wait, that's the same info from the press, sorry.

Edited by King Marth 64