Drill Ground observation

According to SF main page:

"When a character levels up in the Battle Preparation's training arena (but not the arenas on the map), the number of stats that they gain is slightly fixed. The character's full (personal + class) growth rates are summed up for all stats that aren't yet capped, and for each 100% the character will be guaranteed one stat gain, while the remaining percentage is the chance of the character gaining a further stat point.

Eg. The sum of Marth's full growth rates is 395% (when no stats are capped), which means that he will always gain at least 3 stat ups and has a 95% chance of gaining a fourth stat."

I've been having my doubts about if what I bolded is true. Apparently, capping a stat eliminates its % off of your growth total. So, let's say Marth, who usually has 3.95 growth total caps spd, he would have 330. Then he caps skl and has 265 growth total. So, he's supposed to only be able to get 2 stats and a 65% chance of another right?

Well, there's been rare occurences like this one:

Athenawhat-1.png

According to the -% growth total thing, her current growth total with skl and spd capped is 215%. So she's supposed to proc 2 stats and a 15% chance at another.

How then do you explain that she got 4 stats? My theory is that your growth total is always the same (aka: Athena will always have 345% as myrmidon, Marth 395% despite if they cap a stat) buuut your capped stats can still proc.

Another example recently, was Ryan with str skl spd capped, getting a level just for lulz in Chapter 15 Drill Grounds. With those 3 stats capped, his growth total would be 80HP + 40lck + 35Def = 155. But, instead he got a blank level. Again, my theory explains this. His sniper growth total is 335, maybe he got 3 stats, but they were all capped.

Do you think I'm right? Or is there another explanation? Discuss.

This is rather enlightening and awesome at the same time. I never really noticed since I assumed like everyone else what we all thought.

I'll have to test this myself. Since I'm working off the cart, can give a legit second opinion. Lucky me, I also hit chapter 5, just in time for the arena!

Brb

EDIT: Well, I'll be damned!

Test: Shiida as a pegasus with maxed speed. Total growth as a Pegasus is 370%, with Speed maxed this is reduced down to 275%. Yet here I am looking at a level of +HP, Str, Skl, and Lck. 4 stats...

I believe you are correct.

Edited by grandjackal

This is rather enlightening and awesome at the same time. I never really noticed since I assumed like everyone else what we all thought.

I'll have to test this myself. Since I'm working off the cart, can give a legit second opinion. Lucky me, I also hit chapter 5, just in time for the arena!

Brb

EDIT: Well, I'll be damned!

Test: Shiida as a pegasus with maxed speed. Total growth as a Pegasus is 370%, with Speed maxed this is reduced down to 275%. Yet here I am looking at a level of +HP, Str, Skl, and Lck. 4 stats...

I believe you are correct.

That confirms it then. Thanks for taking the time to test it further :D

Well, I'm still testing. Someone else suggested to me that it doesn't match their experience, and that if a stat is capped, the game might assume you gained a stat even though the stat is maxed, so it could explain these 4 stats as there could also be 2 stat levels.

So far, no twos though...

EDIT: Yup, there's a 2. So, let's reiterate.

Yes, the game keeps your total growth. However, it also will still put a point into a stat even if it's capped, so that stat essentially disappears, thus we explain how this thing can make a 2 pointer and a 4 pointer even with a stat maxed.

EDITEDIT: News flash, I was wrong!

Swapped over to Archer, and I have 18 speed even though the speed difference between Pegasus and Archer at class bases is 3. Not 2...Checked Catria to see if female archer just had a different base, difference is 3 like it should be.

So, final test I get one last level, 3 stats. See on archer it gained no speed. So I promote, Pegasus to Dracoknight, and I get +1 speed as a promotion gain even though at base there is no speed bonus for pegasus promotion.

So, I think we solved this mystery. Even if a stat is capped, you still grow your base stat total which is then applied to other classes, which include promoted classes.

Wonder if this works on normal level ups too.

One last test..

Wow, it DOES work on normal level ups too (Proof: Shiida with capped Speed, gained a level in battle and promoted. Still got +1 going into Dracoknight, which again should not happen)! So, even if a stat is maxed in one class, doesn't mean it's stopped growing. That's...Kinda cool. Not sure how applicable it would be though. Like I would think those that cap stats would probably prefer to promote more than anything.

Edited by grandjackal

Sooo. If my SM Mu has Speed capped at level 11 Myrmiadon and I use this thingy for the remaining 9 levels. I then promote to Swordmaster I will have a Level 1 Swordmaster with 30 (31 but caps) speed?

So much possible abuse!

Wow, it DOES work on normal level ups too (Proof: Shiida with capped Speed, gained a level in battle and promoted. Still got +1 going into Dracoknight, which again should not happen)! So, even if a stat is maxed in one class, doesn't mean it's stopped growing. That's...Kinda cool. Not sure how applicable it would be though. Like I would think those that cap stats would probably prefer to promote more than anything.

Not really... you could have capped speed as a cavalier and then promoted to Draco you still get a +1 in speed

Furthermore if you capped speed as a cav and reclassed to archer to get another speed proc and then used the elysian whip you can get this

FENEWMYSTERY_SHIIDApromo_zps32c0f78d.png

There are no invisible stats up.