Unloved souls.

Silith

At least on SF Karel's far less popular than Harken. He's pretty, I'll give him that, but just far less useful than Harken. He's usable and not horrible in his own right, but not many people here pick him (unless they have Swordmaster boners) since Harken outclasses him pretty badly.

I'll also content that the Harken/Karel thing is rough in a different way than most character choices. Because, even once you're IN a particular map, for a particular, non-character based reason

(that is, because that particular map is easier/harder/more interesting to clear, or has a better resource, or whatever),

you have to actually play that map in different ways in order to recruit one or the other character, and you may end up favoring one character or another because of the way the map and your playstyle interact.

But I imagine most of us come to favor them based on what they're worth as units too, and as far as that goes, Harken seems like the natural choice (for my part, because he seems a bit more durable and I can give him a hand axe).

In the same vein, IIRC, with Yohan VS Yohalva I usually prefer recruiting the one who has forces on the "left" as your characters move down (their castle is in the center of the map, closer to where Fee/Femina and freege male boy mage field, because it feels more natural to strike downwards (towards the bottom right of the map). I don't even remember which one that is.

Sety VS Cyas also have something like this - most of the "nonautomatic recruits" in FE5 are "required" for a higher rank, but there you have a choice between one-and-the-other based on your playstyle.

Maybe it's because all my friends get boners for Swordmasters but I thought Karel was always really popular.

I think of Karel as a canon recruit, if there's an actual split, but it's sorta w/e. Harken I like a lot more as a unit. I also recruited Karel on my first PT.

Edited by Mouse

While it is true that Dozla is perfectly usable but not many do, I don't think

Oh and fe5 Dagda has similar bases to Dozla.

is very relevant to why Dozla should be used considering how much earlier Dagda joins and the existence of the capture mechanic.

SF FE sections have been dull.

Howsabout........

fe6 Lott/Ward/Bartre/OJ.

And I seriously find fe7 Raven to be a wee bit overrated, and Dorcas to get kicked in the shins due to meh speed growth in a game that doesn't need alot of AS to double most of the things.

fe5-

Hicks.

Alright combat, good build, decentish stats, etc.

probobly not for ranked but I'm not much of a ranks player.

fe4-

Dew, Beowulf, Noish, Super Axe bros., Tristan.

fe3 -

Warren, BARST, Roshea, book2 Abel.