A few questions.

1. Will the 3DS in the Awakening bundle (which I'll be getting) have the game pre-installed? Or will it come with the cartridge?

2. Since there's both audios, will there be the Japanese text too? Otherwise, wouldn't the Japanese names conflict with the English text.

3. When I transfer data between 3DSs, does save data transfer too?

4. Does that data from the 3DS override the data in the new 3DS? For instance, if I bought the Awakening 3DS and the 3DS had Awakening pre-installed, would it disappear if I transferred data from my purple 3DS? Or would it just compile?

5. When you transfer data, are you able to selectively pick what you want to send and what you want to keep? Or is at an all or none thing?

6. Does EVERYTHING from the SD card transfer over (game data, music, pictures, Mii and all)? Or is it just the things from the folder "Nintendo 3DS"?

Edit: I think I should've put this under the "I just want to know one thing!" thread...

Too late, I guess...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

1. Will the 3DS in the Awakening bundle (which I'll be getting) have the game pre-installed? Or will it come with the cartridge?

2. Since there's both audios, will there be the Japanese text too? Otherwise, wouldn't the Japanese names conflict with the English text.

4. Does that data from the 3DS override the data in the new 3DS? For instance, if I bought the Awakening 3DS and the 3DS had Awakening pre-installed, would it disappear if I transferred data from my purple 3DS? Or would it just compile?

5. When you transfer data, are you able to selectively pick what you want to send and what you want to keep? Or is at an all or none thing?

6. Does EVERYTHING from the SD card transfer over (game data, music, pictures, Mii and all)? Or is it just the things from the folder "Nintendo 3DS"?

1. I'm not sure, sadly. I kinda hope not, since I just got a new 3DSXL..

2. It seems like audio will be English only, which is kind of sad. I was really looking forward to hearing Gin-san's voice.

3-5. When you transfer data between 3ds systems, it does a "system transfer". Everything that is on the system itself (friend codes, application data, etc) is transferred, erasing everything that was on the system before, and deleting it from the old one. So no, you can't pick and choose which data to send. And yes, if you bought a 3DS with Fire Emblem on it (are they really doing that?) and then transferred your old system data, it would delete Fire Emblem. As I understand it, anyway.

6. If you want to use a different SD card, you have to manually copy your SD card data using a PC. The SD cards are locked to work with only one system, you see, but the system transfer doesn't transfer that data.

It seems kind of confusing at first, but it's not as complicated as it sounds. Nintendo has some pretty good guides, and I'm sure people here would help with technical questions, if they can.

Edited by JayPear

1357910914[/url]' post='2244408']

Edit: I think I should've put this under the "I just want to know one thing!" thread...

Too late, I guess...

1 Pre installed? Never seen any option to install a 3ds game. Granted i haven't played many.

2 no idea

3 aren't save data stored on the game cartridge?

4 dont know

5 never done it

6 -:-

Sorry can't answer most of theese

1. I'm not sure, sadly. I kinda hope not, since I just got a new 3DSXL..

2. It seems like audio will be English only, which is kind of sad. I was really looking forward to hearing Gin-san's voice.

3-5. When you transfer data between 3ds systems, it does a "system transfer". Everything that is on the system itself (friend codes, application data, etc) is transferred, erasing everything that was on the system before, and deleting it from the old one. So no, you can't pick and choose which data to send. And yes, if you bought a 3DS with Fire Emblem on it (are they really doing that?) and then transferred your old system data, it would delete Fire Emblem. As I understand it, anyway.

6. If you want to use a different SD card, you have to manually copy your SD card data using a PC. The SD cards are locked to work with only one system, you see, but the system transfer doesn't transfer that data.

It seems kind of confusing at first, but it's not as complicated as it sounds. Nintendo has some pretty good guides, and I'm sure people here would help with technical questions, if they can.

1. Kinda hope what? That it's pre-installed or not pre-installed?

2. Hm, really? The Serenes Forest news section says so... as does the link it gave. I hope the choice is there. Then I can tell my Japanese teacher that I played Fire Emblem as homework.

3-5. o_O I hope it's not pre-installed then... I'm going to get the 3DS, but if it's pre-installed... I might have to re-think that. (In which case, I'd get an XL.)

6. Yeah, I copied my data from one SD card to another... 2 GB was too little. (Not that 4 GB is a big improvement...) But it's all backed-up, so... it doesn't really matter.

@Deshiva

1 Pre installed? Never seen any option to install a 3ds game. Granted i haven't played many.

2 no idea

3 aren't save data stored on the game cartridge?

4 dont know

5 never done it

6 -:-

Sorry can't answer most of theese

1. You haven't heard of the eShop? Or did you mean pre-installed? In which case, there's that Mario Kart 7 bundle that was out... That had the game pre-installed, didn't it? (<- Not entirely sure.)

3. Not if you downloaded the game from the eShop. The save data's in the SD card if you do that.

2,4,5,6. Very...~ helpful? Eh, it's all right if you can't answer them.

Only one I can answer is number 1, and that is, it looks like it's preinstalled (Which basically means it has an eShop version on it), apparently it's in rather fine print in that ad under the GAME INCLUDED text.

I don't have the magazine, so I can't confirm it, just what the word is.

Also!

Here's a helpful graphic showing what happens in a system transfer, courtesy of Nintendo

transfer_process.png

And a quote from Nintendo

All content downloaded via the eShop on both systems (DSiWare, Ambassador games and status, 3DS Downloadable software, etc) will be combined together onto the target system.

After the transfer is complete, titles will be available to re-download from the Nintendo eShop

Any game data that is duplicated on both systems is overwritten by the data on the source system.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

MODEDIT2: lol put that in the middle of the post by accident

Edited by Integrity

Ouch, if it's pre-installed... Ouch.

I can't transfer my games to the new 3DS without deleting Awakening?!

Unless~ Is there a way to recover the data? Then I can just transfer the data, deleting the game, then re-download it.

Edit: I just read Wheels' edit. Got it. Phew, that's good. I'm still going to get the cartridge, though...

I found a more exact version above, long story short, the two systems games get merged together onto one account, and then have to be redownloaded

EDIT: Ninja'd XD

Also, just a quick point, you need an internet connection to do a system transfer, both 3DSs need to be able to connect to the net.

Edited by Wheels

They'd save money by including a digital copy no doubt.

EDIT: Found a clearish image of the box ad

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

Can't really see the whole of it, but the 'pre-' at the beginning is pretty clear

Edited by Wheels

Even if the game does have Japanese audio, I don't really see why it would have Japanese text. Sure, the names would conflict with the audio, but it happens all the time in games that NISA releases, so it's not unheard of.

Still... I'd prefer a physical copy. :(

Haha... It doesn't matter, I guess. I'll just spend the money I save on the cartridge. ^^

Edit: I just saw the picture. Yeah, the that's probably a "pre." No, "pre-." (There's a space there... probably a hyphen.)

@Hrodulf

Makes sense.

It'd be cool if they added Japanese as a language, though...

But that would be too much content in one game then... Yeah, probably no happening.

And a quote from Nintendo

All content downloaded via the eShop on both systems (DSiWare, Ambassador games and status, 3DS Downloadable software, etc) will be combined together onto the target system.

After the transfer is complete, titles will be available to re-download from the Nintendo eShop

Any game data that is duplicated on both systems is overwritten by the data on the source system.

Thanks for the correction, Wheels. I did my transfer with a new system, so there was no data to merge. Guess that's why I didn't remember that part. -_-