What will the next FE game be?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What will the next FE game be?

• A sequel to Awakening/Akaneia
    • A prequel to the Akaneia setting
    • A remake
    • An expansion of a non-Akaneia setting
    • A new setting

It's somewhat weird to be asking this with Awakening less than a month away from the US, but where do you think IS will take Fire Emblem next? A sequel to Awakening? A remake? A whole new setting?

I'm just curious as to what peoples thoughts on the matter are.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS seems to really love Ylisse/ Archanea so I wouldn't be to surprised if the stuck to it. Most likely the lord would be

Lucina

which would be kinda cool. But I can see paris being a Lord as well, perhaps him acquiring the strength he has at the end of awakening.

Edited by Trickster

I mean, personally I don't really mind, but IS have sort of shot themselves in the foot with regards to a direct sequel to Awakening. The DLC and Spotpass pretty much shoots down any remaining plot hooks, while the huge number of possible pairings would make it awkward to pick canon ones. And that's not even talking about MU, Mr/Mrs Ambiguous Gender/Appearance himself/herself.

Any sequel to Awakening would have to take place some time after it, if they wanted to keep everything sufficiently vague.

I think it would be a WiiU title set on one of the continents traveled by Ike, Soren and Ranulf (I'd say 2 of the 3 on the Awakening map), either starring them or with Paris recruiteable (although not necessarily as main lord). Paris as promotion for the game is the only reason I can think of for his inclusion in Awakening.

Hmm... this is kinda hard to call. After all, there are PLENTY of continuities that they could revisit for a game.

On the one hand, they could do something with the Akaneian continuity, since it'll get quite popular after this.

On the other, some continuities don't really have much to revisit for (like Jugdral, for example).

Although, they COULD expand on Magvel (and make people actually respect it).

Even so, there is a possibility that they will go for something new. After all, the last 3 games have been all for Akaneia. People would probably react well to a new continuity, especially since the last new continuity was FE9, almost 8 years ago.

Then there could be remakes of FE4 and 5 (which they Oh-so DESPERATELY need), since Jugdral is really the only continuity that hasn't gotten localised in any way (counting FE2 as part of the Akaneian saga), and they're kinda... eh.

I personally hope that the new continuity happens, but each option has it's fair share of reason to happen.

While I would dearly adore a revisit to the land of Magvel, I feel like its either going to be a game attached to another previous continuity or more likely a completely new setting. I certainly wouldn't mind following a new set of characters in new lands. Its fun to imagine the possibilities!

Medeus promised me he would return, but he hasn't returned my calls. I want an Awakening sequel with Medeus and/or Gharnef back, I actually like Gharnef, I also like it when the retro guys retake their throne. Either that or something new.

Edited by Knight

It would probably be in Tellius again, after all that's the most reasonable reason for including Paris, since he

claims to be Ike's descendent

Although I would like another Ylisse game, with

Lucina as the Lord, I haven't even played it, yet I regard her highly

You know, I'd hate to say it, but if the series had to end with Awakening, I think I'd like that. Go out on a high note. I'm still blown away by the game and haven't even played it yet.

But Magvel sequel, Paris game, who knows. I'm up for whatever.

Fire Emblem on Mars, of course.

Oh LOL, I forgot IS said something absurd like that, LOLOL!

Dang there should be 'speculation' thread about this

...On second thought, IS might take it too seriously and do it too

translate and/or remake 4, 5, and 6, and make them downloadable to the 3ds.

This. Although a remake of 4 and 5 as the same game but spliced together (Gen1/FE5/Gen2) and sharing mechanics would be cool (Split apart the FE4 missions into the seperate castles, include capture/fatigue etc)

Then again probably too ambitious.

I was thinking a prequel to Awakening starring the Holy King

Now here's something I would greatly enjoy. There's just enough information about everything that happened to get me interested! Although, knowing how the ancient hero trend usually goes, it'll never happen.Of course, a lot of things I would consider to never be able to happen have actually happened lately, so maybe I'm wrong.

I was thinking a prequel to Awakening starring the Holy King

Shin Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Ken (Shadow Dragon) and Shin Monshou no Nazo (New Mystery of the Emblem).

Assuming that the "Holy King" is Marth, then those games are the "prequals" to Awakening... sort of. (Well, Tiki's in them~)

Shin Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Ken (Shadow Dragon) and Shin Monshou no Nazo (New Mystery of the Emblem).

Assuming that the "Holy King" is Marth, then those games are the "prequals" to Awakening... sort of. (Well, Tiki's in them~)

No. The Holy King's someone else, though he is related to Marth.