What will the next FE game be?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What will the next FE game be?

• A sequel to Awakening/Akaneia
    • A prequel to the Akaneia setting
    • A remake
    • An expansion of a non-Akaneia setting
    • A new setting

It's possible that if Awakening does well that there might be a sequel to Awakening. If they don't make a sequel to Awakening then I have a feeling that they might either remake another game or make a new game with a brand new setting to it...Though, I'd like another Magvel game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think they might go for an all-new setting, although I can never be sure; I'd certainly like for them to do so, because just as sequels/prequels offer pleasure in being able to recognize elements from their fellows within their own continuties, new settings bring with them the excitement of fresh characters, settings and lore.

Another remake doesn't seem all that likely, since they just made two, and since Awakening makes three in a row for the Archanean continuity, a new setting would be nice. Of course, considering how fond the Japanese fanbase (and developers, for that matter) seem to be of the Archanean continuity- there have been six (eight if you're counting the recent merge of Tellius into Archanea's universe) games set in that continuity so far; just over half the current series if remakes aren't counted as separate from the originals- I wouldn't say it's all that unlikely that they're getting ready to go back to the original world full-force. ...Although, of course, there's a strong possibility of that being what they just did and them being done Archanea for now.

That said, I definitely hope for an entirely new continuity to begin; I think it would be exciting to get to see all new characters and a fresh setting. It would give IS a lot more creative freedom, because they wouldn't need to stick to preestablished characters, locations or lore, and hopefully it would lead to quite an interesting Fire Emblem game; one that deviates from the traditional installments while still being distinctly Fire Emblem. I know I would play it, definitely.

Edited by Starlight36

Well, Nintendo was pretty subtle about FE13 coming to West by adding Sacred Stones on the Ambassador Program because it had some similarities ( branched promotions, traversable world map, undead, etc )

Now what subtleties we have ?

1 - The support/marriage system sucess indicates we might get a FE4/FE5 remake since it has a similarity and new fans won't be so lost or ''what happened to the support/marriage/child'' if it doesn't happen. Altough mid-game love affairs/conversation changes could be nice to cover that and lack of kids in future games.

2 - Paris. If i'm not mistaken, he is the last spotpass sidequest. Not only that, the description on the News section says that ''unlike all other characters, he is NOT related to the main story at all''. ( If there is more...don't spoil please )

Released exactly a bit before the end of the 2nd group of DLCs and pretty much end of the game ? I think that is a powerful hint. Not only that, but he is a descendant of Ike and a setting in Tellius

But Tellius was played in the consoles. So that means they might continue the tradition ( altough i personally expect 1or 2 more FEs for the 3DS ).

FE13 is a good system seller and from what i know the Wii U is needing some help, so with everyone hyped and if people end up loving the game, what better way than pump some Wii U software by adding a FE title, specially one who was only told in the consoles with his direct descendant ?

Edited by Lanko

Well, Nintendo was pretty subtle about FE13 coming to West by adding Sacred Stones on the Ambassador Program because it had some similarities ( branched promotions, traversable world map, undead, etc )

Now what subtleties we have ?

1 - The support/marriage system sucess indicates we might get a FE4/FE5 remake since it has a similarity and new fans won't be so lost or ''what happened to the support/marriage/child'' if it doesn't happen. Altough mid-game love affairs/conversation changes could be nice to cover that and lack of kids in future games.

2 - Paris. If i'm not mistaken, he is the last spotpass sidequest. Not only that, the description on the News section says that ''unlike all other characters, he is NOT related to the main story at all''. ( If there is more...don't spoil please )

Released exactly a bit before the end of the 2nd group of DLCs and pretty much end of the game ? I think that is a powerful hint. Not only that, but he is a descendant of Ike and a setting in Tellius

But Tellius was played in the consoles. So that means they might continue the tradition ( altough i personally expect 1or 2 more FEs for the 3DS ).

FE13 is a good system seller and from what i know the Wii U is needing some help, so with everyone hyped and if people end up loving the game, what better way than pump some Wii U software by adding a FE title, specially one who was only told in the consoles with his direct descendant ?

There were certainly no subtle hints towards SMT x Fire Emblem

Well, it looks like we were all wrong.

The correct answer was: A crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem. What an obvious answer. It should have been my first choice.

I'm trying to picture it......but I can't. And that 35 second trailer sure didn't give me anything else to work with.

I'm not very familiar with the Shin Megami Tensei series, so I might just be dumb or unimaginative, but what could they possibly do in a crossover game with these two??? I know its a monster collect and train game JRPG, but how does that mesh with Fire Emblem?

Just my unimportant thoughts right now.....

Personally I want A prequel of the akaneia saga showing off the adventures of Anri, Artemis, Ordwin, Iote, Cartas, and Marlon. It would be really simple to. Anri is the playable lord of the game, Artemis would play the nyna type role to were she appear every now and then to give you advice and such, and you could even recruit Ordwin, Iote, and Cartas along the way. Also that way we would get to see the death of Miloh, Garnef going into madness, the era of dragons, and more.

If that's out of the question I wan't A sequel of awakening... and if that happens... PLEASE bring back Medeus and Garnef! Especially Garnef. I liked Garnef so much that I wouldn't even mind if he does something like kills Medeus and he ends up being the final villian. xD

Featuring Jeigan as a useable Cavalier? Or was tha

Anyway, I'd be up for most anything, but I have always been curious about the history of Tellius. I would love to see the real story of Lehran. Or a post-Ike Tellius (way in the future) with the main character being a native of the country Stefan founded. I'm kind of happy with whatever they do.

There were certainly no subtle hints towards SMT x Fire Emblem

It isn't a pure Fire Emblem game. It's a crossover. You can't call it FE14.

People are not even sure if it's gonna be an SRPG.

But definitely no one saw that one coming.