Which difficulty mode are you planning on starting with?

Tarquin

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode will you play on your first playthrough?

• Normal
    • Hard
    • Lunatic
  2. 2. Will you chose Classic or Casual mode?

• Classic
    • Casual

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there's one extra difference, casual has chapters saves like Radiant Dawn had.

Ah, ok. I was sure there was something. Well, that seems pretty useful for the Insane modes, so there's a good chance actually that I'll use that for those modes.

I just don't get why Classic Mode gets the battle saves. Honestly, you really shouldn't need battle saves if you're on Casual Mode. Normal should get battle saves.

I really want map saves because, one, I'm stupid a lot, and, two, I like seeing different boss battle quote.

But... Not enough to play Casual. Classic all the way. So I cry when my units die and say their sad death quotes and immediately reset.

And Normal. Even if there was an Easy, I'd play Normal.

So, joining the hoards of Normal-Classic.

Like most others, Normal/Classic. Mainly because I prefer to play any normal mode, especially since this game looks difficult enough for me on normal, and I don't want resource management to be a problem like it is on Hard and Lunatic. Plus, this'll be my first playthrough of the game, and I reserve hard for subsequent playthroughs. Also, if shadowofchaos is any indication, Lunatic's more for the insane (hence the localized version being CALLED Insane). I do prefer Classic, though, because that's what really makes you care for your units, is them having the realistic possibility of dying and NEVER COMING BACK. Although Casual is nice to warm up to Fire Emblem, I'll be honest. I'm just not interested.

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll go with Hard, since it doesn't seem to be TOO hard. Plus, It shouldn't be too hard to grind.

Edited by Diortem

I do prefer Classic, though, because that's what really makes you care for your units, is them having the realistic possibility of dying and NEVER COMING BACK.

Honestly, I would have to disagree with this part. I think a large number of Fire Emblem characters would still be very well liked/cared about even if the series had no perma-death feature.

I'm going to do a normal/casual run first, to get a feel for the maps/characters and know about reinforcements so they don't rape me up the ass, then do a hard/classic run as my first actual playthrough where I give a shit about my units and development.

Normal/Classic. I'm not particularly good at FE, so enemy ambush reinforcements would frustrate the hell out of me. :( I like being able to act against the reinforcements before their turn. I like classic because it makes me strategize more carefully.

Hard Casual.

Battle saves are more of a convenience thing for me, considering I'm a damn turtle when I play the way I want to, and I reset every time a unit dies. Hell, I do that in FE4 when I have Valkyrie at my disposal. (So, I'd end up... resetting on Casual anyways, go figure.)