Which difficulty mode are you planning on starting with?

Tarquin

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode will you play on your first playthrough?

• Normal
    • Hard
    • Lunatic
  2. 2. Will you chose Classic or Casual mode?

• Classic
    • Casual

Since I'm keeping the spoilers to a minimun to myself and I don't know which characters/pairings are good, I'll start with a Normal/classic blind playtrought so I can just explore and use the charcters I like.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...so If I want mid-battle saves I have to go with casual mode and non-perma death options?!

Well, frak. -_-

Well, you still get mid-battle saves in Classic, it's just that they're in the form of Suspends from the previous games.

Hm, well, it depends. Around what difficulty level are we talking about for Normal/Hard/Insane?

I was originally thinking of doing a test run on Normal/Classic just to get a handle of the game and have a file to mess around with supports and stuff, then have my actual Hard/Classic file, but now I'm thinking of doing my real Hard/Classic file, then messing around with characters and stuff on another file after I beat the game.

But I don't want to do that if I'm going to explode from Hard's difficulty jumping into it.

I vaguely recall a post by Othin (?) a few weeks back that described Normal as FE8 Hard, Hard as FE10 something, and this post started out nice and now isn't really helpful :(

EDIT: yay my fu is strong today!

Normal = FE8 Hard

Hard = FE10 Hard

Lunatic = wat

Lunatic+ = fuck you

Edited by Integrity

Edited the post since I found the actual post by him.

I'm pretty positive that the two direct analogues are general rather than specific, but I'm not Othin.

Probably starting on Hard - Classic to get a feel of the game first. After that it's Lunatic/Insane mode with classic. Though if the step from hard to insane is too big, I might do casual first and tactically sacrifice some of my units. =X

Either way, I'm not quitting this game untill I beat lunatic mode.

Hard - Casual.

I imagine Normal might be too easy, so Hard seems like a good fit for me. When it comes to Casual Vs Classic, I'd like to think that me, as the tactician, would stress that my units should retreat if their health gets too low. Nobody ever continues on when their unit dies (i.e., they always restart the level) anyway, so I might as well make things a little bit easier on myself.

Nobody ever continues on when their unit dies (i.e., they always restart the level) anyway, so I might as well make things a little bit easier on myself.

Viole never resets!

But, yeah, I have to admit, very few people who play on Classic will actually do anything other than "no man is left behind".

Including myself.

Edited the post since I found the actual post by him.

I'm pretty positive that the two direct analogues are general rather than specific, but I'm not Othin.

you can never tell with Insane+

But yeah that translates to: nothing in any past non-Japanese FE game is at all on Insane's level, and Insane+ is even crazier.

Edited by Othin

But, yeah, I have to admit, very few people who play on Classic will actually do anything other than "no man is left behind".

Including myself.

Very much yes. It would save me a lot of headaches to just play on Casual, but my pride and overblown sense of nostalgia won't allow it, damnit!

Insane mode HNNNNNGGG. I want to be super badass and say Classic, but I know I can't take it.

Don't try to sound tough, Ash~ You'll restart on Normal within the hour. XD (Also, get off my computer!)

Edited by Tarquin

Viole never resets!

Including myself.

I don't reset, specially on a first playthrough.

People usually die as you don't know what enemies might move or not, when, where and what reinforcements spawn, etc. Specially on fog of war maps. But i heard there is no Fog of War in Awakening...

Then you have to honor your losses, move on and find people who can fill their spots. It actually results in pretty memorable games.

I mean, you are gonna reset and know what's gonna happen and play around it. From every playthrough after the first, you are gonna remember most of it as well, unless you play it again only after a very long time.

So i might as well take as many punches and surprises on the face. This ''fear of the unknown'' only happens pretty much once.

I do reset only when i'm doing stuff like ''I never with played with those characters, gonna use them on this run to see how they end up doing'' or ''I want to get these supports''. But for this stuff i can play on Casual now.

Don't try to sound tough, Ash~ You'll restart on Normal within the hour. XD

Hey! I resent that! I was better at FE10's hard mode than you were, if you'll recall :p

But seriously guys, is Insane mode THAT difficult? Even on Casual? To what degree should I prepare to have my balls crushed (so to speak)?

Hey! I resent that! I was better at FE10's hard mode than you were, if you'll recall :p

But seriously guys, is Insane mode THAT difficult? Even on Casual? To what degree should I prepare to have my balls crushed (so to speak)?

Just ask shadowofchaos for that, or look at some of his Lunatic/Insane vids. You'll get an idea pretty soon.

Today, I was playing Sacred Stones for the third time. Kyle, Gerik, and Seth all died in a single stage to 2% crits.

I don't even want to know what the odds of that happening were. All I know is that I'm definitely doing casual if even FE8 is going to be this much of a jerk to me. >:[

I will start with Normal/Classic, so I can just see the battles and soak up the story.

After that, I'll probably try Hard if Normal was too easy.

I may even eventually attempt Lunatic/Casual, and if I survive that I'll take a look at Lunatic+ to see how fast I die.

I will gladly live a blasphemer if it means I can save whenever I want. ; -;

LOL!! Well, in my house I only believe in Classic stuff. ( I feel like an old timer. lmao! )

...but I'm pretty darn sure once I start Lunatic Mode, I'm going to attempt it on Classic, get mercilessly slaughtered in the Prologue & have no choice but to use Casual. xD

Edited by ojsama