Which difficulty mode are you planning on starting with?

Tarquin

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode will you play on your first playthrough?

• Normal
    • Hard
    • Lunatic
  2. 2. Will you chose Classic or Casual mode?

• Classic
    • Casual

LOL!! Well, in my house I only believe in Classic stuff. ( I feel like an old timer. lmao! )

...but I'm pretty darn sure once I start Lunatic Mode, I'm going to attempt it on Classic, get mercilessly slaughtered in the Prologue & have no choice but to use Casual. xD

I'd do classic too if I wasn't going to play this on the go so much, trust me. :p

And yeah, I wish you the best of luck when you attempt lunatic. Kickin' my ass so far even in the demo.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, don't make the folks starting on Casual feel bad. Honestly, I see why it would be preferable to Classic, especially for those who would always reset upon a character's death anyway. The only reason I'm starting on the latter is nostalgia.

Did the demo convince anyone to change their mind about what difficulty they would be playing on? I decided to start with Hard instead of Normal, myself - it seemed more like what I'm used to with Fire Emblem.

Did the demo convince anyone to change their mind about what difficulty they would be playing on? I decided to start with Hard instead of Normal, myself - it seemed more like what I'm used to with Fire Emblem.

I figured I'd start on Normal, but Hard seems much better. Though hard to guess whether or not the first chapter is a good guesstimate of what the challenge will resemble to the rest of the game, so there's that. But if it stays consistent and makes me really think about how I want to end my turn, then all the better.

Edited by B00TE

Aww, don't make the folks starting on Casual feel bad. Honestly, I see why it would be preferable to Classic, especially for those who would always reset upon a character's death anyway. The only reason I'm starting on the latter is nostalgia.

Gaah, I didn't mean it in a rude way. I just personally prefer Classic. Sorry if I upset anyone :c

But I did notice from the demo that Hard mode isn't too bad o: It's a fair challenge, which is what I like. I just prefer starting on Normal so I can feel the gist of the game first. lol c:

@ojsama - Oh, I know you didn't - I was (half-)joking. Sorry if I made you feel bad, eheh. ^_^;

From what I've read from those who've played it already, Awakening's Hard mode does stay pretty consistent in its difficulty; actually, it becomes easier as you go along, what with the grinding. In sharp contrast to Lunatic, which becomes exponentially worse.

@ojsama - Oh, I know you didn't - I was (half-)joking. Sorry if I made you feel bad, eheh. ^_^;

From what I've read from those who've played it already, Awakening's Hard mode does stay pretty consistent in its difficulty; actually, it becomes easier as you go along, what with the grinding. In sharp contrast to Lunatic, which becomes exponentially worse.

Ooh, good to hear. I'll stick with that then. :o

I was planning on beginning with Lunatic. After the demo, I am no longer planning on beginning with Lunatic. Urggghh, what a punch in the balls.

Hard/Casual, let's go!

Lunatic, casual. I've technically beaten the game in hard so lunatic is the next step. But I tried to do lunatic in classic and it was too much for me; I couldn't even pass chapter 2 without having Miriel die. I'll still reset, but at some point I'll have to say fuck it, temporarily sacrifice someone, and move to the next chapter.

Either Hard or Lunatic. Casual if Lunatic, undecided on Hard; I'm the type that restarts when I lose anyone anyway, so it's not a big difference for Hard... for Lunatic, though, that'll be a conscious decision so I can temporarily sacrifice people if needed.

Edited by CinderSkye

first I'm definitely gonna do normal mode, classic, to get a feel of the game without killing myself. I'll probably do hard/classic next. I tried the prologue on Lunatic in the demo and it continued to screw me over every time I played. It took me far too many tries to win. Then I died on chapter 1, but I was using a strategy that I pretty much knew wasn't going to work. I might do it eventually, but I'd basically have to do casual if I'd have any hopes of ever winning.

Even though I could probably roll through Hard mode, based on what I've seen from the demo, I'll probably go Normal/Classic. Normal so I can get the hang of all the new mechanics before I have to start using them strategically, classic because I can't imagine playing FE any other way.

Normal and Casual.

That way, when the unexpected reinforcements happen, I don't have to go "OH CRAP!" and reset. Will likely take on classic the next time around, we'll see.

Reinforcements show up at the start of the player phase on Normal instead of at the start of the enemy phase like on the other modes, so that shouldn't be a thing you'd have to worry about anyway. Especially since these are Normal mode enemies we're talking about.

Normal because I'm a wimp. Classic because I'm not that much of a wimp X D

This. XD I would like to complete my initial run-through of the game in a somewhat timely fashion and with as little frustration as possible, so Normal difficulty for sure. However, it just wouldn't be Fire Emblem to me if I played it on Casual mode. Classic it is!