Voice Choice

Strunk

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which voice option would you choose?

• I plan to use the English voices.
    • I plan to use the Japanese voices.
    • I plan to use both occasionally.
    • I plan to turn the voices off.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go with English thank you very much.

At least I can kind of understand it a little.

But Ein, laughter is universal!

Me, myself, I may stick with English. Given the setting of the FE games in general it makes more sense to me. But I really don't care.

It's a shame we don't know if you can toggle individual voices like battle animations. I doubt it, but it'd be funny to play a game where you flip a coin for every character and set their language accordingly.

Man, that'd be funny in a dual attack, now that I think of it...

Depends on which one sounds better overall

If they somehow get Samuel L. Jackson to voice Basilio I will go English and never come back.

^ This right here would fit so much. But yes it'd be great to have S.L.Js voice as a ruler, it fits no?

^ This right here would fit so much. But yes it'd be great to have S.L.Js voice as a ruler, it fits no?

Also because look at Basilio

Look at him

He's like

Nick Fury in a warrior's outfit swinging an axe

The eyepatch is even on the same eye

I know that one character will have a terrible voice actor, and it will probably be one of my favourite ones. Every time I hear his/her voice, I will want to throw my 3DS out the window, go back, pick it up, snap it in half, and throw the pieces at my brother.

I like the voices. They're actually pretty good.

All they need now is for Hynden Walch to voice like, every other woman in this game.

Oh, I will also be going for the English VAs, because they seem to actually have potential here.

And an assortment of voices here. Pity the guy seems to have no pretty much no idea how to actually play.

I dunno about that one. I think he just played like that to show off everyone's battle quotes, and just derped with Vaike, or something.

Wait a sec. I only saw three voice options for the male in the Avatar Creation video. Either they didn't have enough funding/time/whatever for a fourth, the player skipped an option (though I doubt it), or they added more depending on the build.

I don't think I put in my vote. I'm going with English on my first run, and then Japanese, because of familiarity. Thanks, Let's Plays and trailers.

Call me insane, but I'm either going to stick to the Japanese version for a little bit, or keep it on grunts.

Don't get me wrong, so far the english VA doesn't suck, but I'm probably way too used to the Japanese voices to like it yet. That said, I'm going to probably just keep it on grunts anyways because even IF I liked the english VA more I would still most likely keep it to grunts only because voice acting during the actual battle takes away the seriousness a little bit. (Unless you're units like Lon'qu, who are just too awesome for it to even matter) Yeah, people are right. I am a pessimist.

I just noticed after one of you people pointed out there's no mute/silent protagonist option.

There's 4 voices originally in the Japanese version.

There's 3 in that video preview. And the Japanese voices are an option for the English version of the game.

...that means they took out a voice.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Most definitely going to choose the English voices. I can barely understand a single word of Japanese. Even with subtitles, I'd be more focused on reading the subtitles that watching the action as it goes on. That's why I prefer dubs of anime series.

After reading a Tweet that the english voices are a weak point I am... pleasantly surprised, Thanks Rich for lowering my expectations! :)

Might do a Japanese run with a Mute!MU just for fun, but most of the time will be doing it in English