SD Cards

First of all, what kind of SD card does the 3DS (not XL) come with? It's 2GB, I know that much. But more specifically... Is it a class 10 SD card? SDHC?

Also, what kind of SD cards is the 3DS compatible with? I've heard that the maximum capacity is 32 GB. Do any other SD cards work, non-SDHC ones?

(I'm not going to ask about the class, since the higher the class, the better/faster reading, obviously.)

EDIT: I just want to find out what exactly to buy. I don't want to buy a large SD card, only to find out that it's incompatible with my 3DS. (Yeah, 2 GB is way too small...)

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

I don't think that the SD card that comes w/ the 3DS is a class 10, but from what I heard, it doesn't really matter to much, since I recall hearing the 3DS runs SD cards at about the speed of class 4, regardless. As for what kind of SD card it does accept, the 3DS can accept up to 32 SDHC cards normally. Although, it is possible for it to run 64 and 128 GB SDXC cards, if those are formatted to FAT32.

My advice would be to go w/ 32 GB SDHC Card. I have one myself, and it works great w/ my 3DS.

I don't think that the SD card that comes w/ the 3DS is a class 10, but from what I heard, it doesn't really matter to much, since I recall hearing the 3DS runs SD cards at about the speed of class 4, regardless. As for what kind of SD card it does accept, the 3DS can accept up to 32 SDHC cards normally. Although, it is possible for it to run 64 and 128 GB SDXC cards, if those are formatted to FAT32.

My advice would be to go w/ 32 GB SDHC Card. I have one myself, and it works great w/ my 3DS.

Cool. Great. I bought a class 4, 4 GB SD card recently... but I just found out that, with all these digital games coming out, it'd be better if I upgraded again.

I'll get a 32 GB one... Just one question, though. Class 10 is better for the 3DS, too, right?

EDIT: Okay, I actually read your post thoroughly... :P So, if the 3DS runs at class 4 speed, regardless, it'd be better to just buy a class 4 one, right? Or never mind... I could just buy a class 10 one and use it for other things as well...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Yeah, games can get a bit in the way as far as trying to upgrade goes, though for myself, there aren't too many games right now that interest me that are coming. Mainly Pikmin 3 after I get a Wii U and Pokemon X. Maaaybe I'll get the Castlevania game, if the demo I hear is coming out for it is interesting enough.

On XL:

It doesn't significantly affect play, but as a quality fan I would rather have the smaller version. The bigger screen probably helps one notice details, but I prefer actual pixel representation. It's an aesthetic preference.

Imagine playing a 720p video on a 1080p monitor. It works, but it isn't as perfect.

Edited by Makaze

Wow... for me?

By priority:

1. Fire Emblem Awakening (of course).

2. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

3. Pokemon Y

4. Kid Icarus Uprising. (<- Yeah, it's not new, but... I still want it.)

5. Monster Hunter Tri G

And a lot more... Too many games to buy... Nintendo, why do you have to be so... good? :P

On XL:

It doesn't significantly affect play, but as a quality fan I would rather have the smaller version. The bigger screen probably helps one notice details, but I prefer actual pixel representation. It's an aesthetic preference.

Imagine playing a 720p video on a 1080p monitor. It works, but it isn't as perfect.

So... *you* like the smaller one...

Maybe I'll just have both... That way, I can choose whichever I want. :P

First of all, what kind of SD card does the 3DS (not XL) come with? It's 2GB, I know that much. But more specifically... Is it a class 10 SD card? SDHC?

Also, what kind of SD cards is the 3DS compatible with? I've heard that the maximum capacity is 32 GB. Do any other SD cards work, non-SDHC ones?

(I'm not going to ask about the class, since the higher the class, the better/faster reading, obviously.)

EDIT: I just want to find out what exactly to buy. I don't want to buy a large SD card, only to find out that it's incompatible with my 3DS. (Yeah, 2 GB is way too small...)

Because this hasn't been said, the SD card that came with my 3DS (not XL) came from was an SDHC, and is branded Samsung.

I dunno about class #s. If you give me a way to check, I can probably find that out for you. As it was, I didn't see my card listed on Samsung's site during a cursory check for it.

Because this hasn't been said, the SD card that came with my 3DS (not XL) came from was an SDHC, and is branded Samsung.

I dunno about class #s. If you give me a way to check, I can probably find that out for you. As it was, I didn't see my card listed on Samsung's site during a cursory check for it.

Samsung? Is it different for every 3DS? Mine's Toshiba.

Samsung? Is it different for every 3DS? Mine's Toshiba.

Could be different...I haven't even asked anyone else about the brand. Maybe the distributor includes the card or something, or whoever packages 'em buys the SD cards in bulk, but not always from the same place.

Uh, my 3ds was scarlet/crimson, like I said, non-xl. And I got it online.

Yeah, mine was a regular one, too - got it at Walmart.

That Midnight Purple is so pretty~ (Although I'd prefer the Awakening one... which I, unfortunately, can't get...)

Yeh, the Awakening one has just the right shade of blue for that sort of whitish design stuff, I think.

Hard to imagine paying 5 bucks more for it, though XD When I want to look at it, I just google "fire emblem 3ds."

I just saved the pictures to my iPod~ XD

It is cool, though. Personally, I'd buy it... if I could. But I can't, so... meh. I won't buy it later 'cause I don't want to pay crazy high prices for it... :(

I guess I just have to hope that NoA releases that Pikachu 3DS XL I want~