Hockey Season

Thunderfox

So after the 3rd lockout in like 20 years, we finally have a 2012 - 2013 NHL Season.

It won't be as big as the NFL topic ofcurse but here were Canadians, Europeans and those Americans who have become enlightened to the glory of this sport can discuss, make our predictions and what have you.

That first Canucks game was just depressing

Wanna talk depressing? How about that Wings lost last night. 6-0! I'm more of a casual hockey fan compared to other sports I'm a fan of, but damn even I know the Wings shouldn't have lost to the Blues that badly.

Eh given what the Blues did last season once they got Hitchcock, and given their line-up of good young players like Backes, Pietrangelo, Halak, Oshie, Perron, and now Tarasenko and Schwartz they're probably going to be a powerhouse team for a few years now. Yeah the loss of Holmstrom, Draper, Rafalski and Lidtsorm will hurt the wings but they have one of the top coaches and top GMs in the league, so they'll probably figure it out.

I really doubt the Oilers will be last/second last again this year, but a playoff spot? We'll see

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Canucks fan, but I've always felt that Luongo has been treated terribly by Fans and media, so I'm glad he's playing so well right now. I mean I do like schneider, but especially in a short season like this where the Salary cap doesn't really matter, there are worse problems to have than 2 Goalies who can both start 50-60 games in a regular season