Question

Fruity Insanity

Is the DS version of Ni no Kuni the same as the PS3 one (plot-wise and gameplay-wise, not graphic-wise... of course)?

I want to buy the game, but... I don't want to buy a PS3 just for that... (as good as a PS3 is...)

Also, is the DS version DSi "enhanced" as well? I know Shin Monshou no Nazo is... so I can't play it on my 3DS... I have my regular DS for DS games. (Although the buttons are in bad, no, horrible condition.)

Just asking~ It seems like a good game.

The main and largest difference is that the PS3 version does not require you to use the stylus to cast spells. They're all there in the game as opposed to you having to learn and memorize them, which saddens me.

I've been told that aside from that there is a huge amount added to the story as well, but I'm not savvy to any of that.

Without having played the game, I'm going to say unless it's hyper-linear like Fire Emblem you're not going to be able to actually play the game without external assistance, even if you do figure out controls and the battle system without it.

Might as well check for ROMs to see how it plays before dropping cash and time to buy it, I say.