Mara

Do we Mara?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do we Mara?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierce is a definite ability he should have, should he show up.

Also haha, Mara brigade wins. We have more votes.

"Anal about a penis"

hah

Well, when we're so deep in a conversation about a penis, such jokes are bound to show up. A few others have already been made, after all.

Although I'd like to see Mara in all her green, diecky glory in HD, neither NoA nor the ESRB are dumb. If Mara were to get in, the game would be bumped up to M rating. And I think you know Nintendo won't allow any first-party title to get that rating, ever.

So I'm not counting on any of the more esoteric demons getting in. No Mara, no Arioch, no Tiamat, no Diana and definitely no Satan. Hell, we might end up not seeing any demon based on Abrahamic faith at all.

I vote hell yes to bringing in Mara. Despite looking like a giant phallus on a chariot, he's been in every goddamn Shin Megami Tensei game (in Strange Journey though, Mara was a "she," which REALLY raised a couple eyebrows). They can't just leave him out, he's a giant staple in the universe. I suppose it makes no absolute difference either way if they include him or exclude him, but I'd be excited if Mara was brought back in.

Also, to all the people saying "OH MY GOD, I DON'T WANT A PENIS MONSTER IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME!", it's not just about Fire Emblem alone anymore. If you've even PLAYED a single Shin Megami Tensei game, you lot should know what you're getting yourselves into. Every single title is rated M for Mature. Meaning this is probably going to be a mature Fire Emblem at best. If you're all going to be too overly squeamish about something as simple as human anatomy being turned into a monster, then don't even bother playing the game. Seriously.

EDIT: Reading some of the other comments, they can't just "dumb down" Shin Megami Tensei just so it can fit in a Fire Emblem crossover. Really, I don't even know why these two even warrant a crossover, but I love the idea. As much as I love the idea, though, they either have to make it so that a certain level of maturity is inserted into Fire Emblem to push it up to par, or don't even bother with it. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Edited by Karaszure

^ Now that I think about it, Mara wasn't in the Devil Survivor series, you're right. But a bunch of teens being trapped in Tokyo while demons were being summoned into the world (DS1) and ALIENS were invading the city (DS2), I probably wouldn't put a penis monster in with a bunch of teens, either, despite the fact that some of the designs were a little...overdone, if you know what I mean.

But pay attention to the protagonists in the reveal video. SMT4 protagonist? Raidou Kuzunoha? Hito-Shura? They've all appeared in games where Mara has played (or in the case of SMT4, might play) a giant role in each game, either taking part in the main story or being an optional boss. It only makes sense they add Mara in here. Or at least something similar. *shrugs*

Edited by Karaszure

Also, to all the people saying "OH MY GOD, I DON'T WANT A PENIS MONSTER IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME!", it's not just about Fire Emblem alone anymore. If you've even PLAYED a single Shin Megami Tensei game, you lot should know what you're getting yourselves into. Every single title is rated M for Mature. Meaning this is probably going to be a mature Fire Emblem at best. If you're all going to be too overly squeamish about something as simple as human anatomy being turned into a monster, then don't even bother playing the game. Seriously.

Excuse me, but not everybody wants to see this mature shit in their video games. I personally don't play any M rated games at all because I normally don't like how much blood and gore and crap is in them. Some people prefer little to none of this stuff, you know. Not everybody wants to see penis-shaped monsters in their games either.

I'd rather this game be rated T and not M. Even if it does have FE in it, I refuse to play it if it's full of blood and gore and penis monsters.

I'd rather this game be rated T and not M. Even if it does have FE in it, I refuse to play it if it's full of blood and gore and penis monsters.

SMT games don't have blood or gore. They have dark themes, hard choices, and religious trappings which all earn it the M rating.

Excuse me, but not everybody wants to see this mature shit in their video games. I personally don't play any M rated games at all because I normally don't like how much blood and gore and crap is in them. Some people prefer little to none of this stuff, you know. Not everybody wants to see penis-shaped monsters in their games either.

I agree. Well, on your first point, at least. I don't like those bloody, gory, violent games. T and below is what I usually stick with. Heck, I don't even play T games that often. Seriously, Awakening is going to be the first rated-T game I buy with my own money. (I played other T games, though, mind you. Like who didn't play SSBB?) Sad, I know.

I think I'd still play it even if it had blood and gore and... particular monsters. I wouldn't be fond of them (the monsters), needless to say. But I'd still play it. The only problem is whether I can afford to buy a Wii U or not.

I think I'd still play it even if it had blood and gore and... particular monsters. I wouldn't be fond of them (the monsters), needless to say. But I'd still play it. The only problem is whether I can afford to buy a Wii U or not.

It's alright, those particular monsters will grow on you very fast.

SMT games don't have blood or gore. They have dark themes, hard choices, and religious trappings which all earn it the M rating.

I was just using blood and gore as an example of some of the things that give M rated games their rating. I didn't mean to say that SMT games had any, because I wouldn't know. I've never played them. I was only saying that I tend to dislike M rated games because of what they have in them. It isn't JUST blood and gore, but other things too, like really dark themes and religious stuff, as you say.

@ Anacybele

There comes a time in your life when you need to grow up and realize that real life is much worse than "M rated". Its ok if your games are mature.

I have little experience with SMT games but from what i've played and heard, I think this game has a ton of potential.

Yeah. I agree. NO! Penis-like things shouldn't be in any game... let alone a FIRE EMBLEM(!) one.

Izuka's a dick and he made it in FE10. Was it because he pierced through the censors? I dunno but with all the hype this Mara is getting, he's sure to have a more potent thrust.

I vote yes as a free additional vote for comrade Nightmare. I don't care either way.

@ Anacybele

There comes a time in your life when you need to grow up and realize that real life is much worse than "M rated". Its ok if your games are mature.

I never said it wasn't okay for people to play M rated games. Others can if they want to. I just prefer not to see M-rated stuff. Is that a crime?

And just because I don't like M rated games doesn't make me immature.

Edited by Anacybele

If you are so offended by SMT then the solution is to not play the game. Just watch as Ike partners up with everyone's favourite green penis on a golden death chariot gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I never said I was offended by SMT itself. I'm not offended by Mara either. I just don't like the thing.

And you all would just be harassing me to stick "Ike + Mara" in my face, so I'll just report you to moderators if you do so.

I voted yes because.

Also, not every M rated game has an ocean of blood or sex things, a lot of it is language I think. Now, the onlt SMT experience I have are limited to the Demi Kids games and Strange Journey(luuuul Tiamat hahaha just what), I highly doubt they go into detail about Mara's shape or make graphic jokes. With that said, I kind of hope Mara has a piercing skill if she, or any other demon, gets in.

If you are so offended by SMT then the solution is to not play the game. Just watch as Ike partners up with everyone's favourite green penis on a golden death chariot gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Ok, with that comment having been said...I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but this happened.

IkeMaraShip_zpsfdb2c8db.jpg

I had to do this. I'm sorry, but I just had to get it out of my system. The image in my mind was just too funny to pass up. XD

If I seriously get reported because of this, then you people have no sense of humor.

Edited by Karaszure