I Think We Can ALL Agree That No One Saw This Coming

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the future of the FE series?

• Awakening will outsell the SMTxFE thing (can we call it FE14 or FE13.5?) and IS will return to remakes?
    • Awakening will outsell Fe13.5 (I am calling it that) and Is will make FE games with either a new plot or awakening sequels
    • FE is dead, it will go downhill after this
    • SMTxFE will do well and there will continue to be SMTxFE crossovers
    • SMTxFE will do fairly well and there will be other FE crossovers with other series
    • SMTxFE will never get released and/or localized
    • Other (please post below)

I certainly hope it does well and opens a path for new crossovers. Considering how controversial some of the themes SMT brings to the table can be seen as, I'll stay cautiously optimistic and try not to get my hopes up too much.

Seriously though, this didn't just come from left field, it drilled out from under the ground and repeatedly bludgeoned everyone over the head with a bust of Herbert Hoover (Why Herbert Hoover? IDK. My brain does stuff like that). Considering how much more tame Fire Emblem tends to keep it and the fact that usually the SMT franchise is set in modern day Japan, it's certainly an odd (but awesome) choice for a crossover.

I think wether or not awakening will outsell this crossover,they will start making regular fire emblem games after this again(maybe later another crossover(either with another series or again with SMT) if it sells good,but probably only after the next normal fire emblem).

Because overall I think this is more for a refreshing change for both games,but it would annoy both sides if it became the standard for FE or SMT.

Not to mention that this way they draw attention to both series,fans of SMT will get interested in fire emblem and fire emblem fans will get interested in SMT,however there wouldn't be much point in it if they didn't continue the series on their own.

I know nothing about SMT, so I'm not at all tempted to buy a Wii U for this game. Judging solely on SMT's art from the trailer, I don't think the crossover will work very well.

Castlevania x FE works better, imo; though, that's just because I'm also a huge Castlevania fan (BIASED!). Vampires/vampire hunters and wyverns sound like a decent idea gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

It was a silly idea.

Personally, FEXChrono Trigger would work better.

CT is not a series, though

Edited by Lauren

Castlevania x FE works better, imo; though, that's just because I'm also a huge Castlevania fan (BIASED!). Vampires/vampire hunters and wyverns sound like a decent idea gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Ya, Castlevania and FE would work pretty excellently together.

CT is not a series, though

if you mean that CT is a tiny franchise, you're right, but there are other chrono games, and they're good. Well, Cross is good. Radical Dreamers I have not played, and is probably even more different.

I do see how CT's relatively small scale of existence would be difficult to intermesh with a sprawling universe like FE.

And that was the day we learned that Marth was involved with the local drug cartel.

We still can't remember the name of that incredibly addictive psychoactive flower we saw that day FIIIIIIII-EYE-UR EM, BLEM, DAY, OWASHITEE AY, SZCHEN

Edited by Mouse

I'm just trying to think of a franchise that HAS had more than one crossover...since otherwise it's safe to assume there won't be any other FEx??? series. Crossovers are generally used as a one-time trump card. Trying to think about it from the producers' perspective, it's likely they see both SMT and FE have potential for the future.

Although there are a lot of fans who don't know the SMT characters, it may take a turn like Kingdom Hearts - Joshua from The World Ends With You became increasingly popular after Dream Drop Distance. But that's about as far as crossovers go - the FE community would probably remain the same, just with some extra SMT knowledge. Who knows, maybe the crossover's just a distraction for a more awesome FE instalment like what they're doing with Zelda :D

I was expecting to see a crossover with another IS franchise before this like Panel De Pon, Wars, or even Paper Mario, but I have high hopes for this, after seeing how good Pokemon Conquest was. I think crossover games like this can potentially be very good if the right amounts of time and effort are put into them by the developers. My hope is that this doesn't become a crappy game that rides on name recognition, as often happens with crossover titles. All in all, I'll be keeping my eye on updates, though a little voice in the back of my mind makes me think this will be a Japan exclusive.

Edited by Firespark Faerie

• 3 months later...

I can't really say that I now what will happen, but I think that this crossover might do well if a good amount of FE and SMT fans are going to buy it. For all we know, this could overall boost the amount of WiiU sales that are currently lacking, and the companies working on this game might make another one. I, personally, would love to see some more remakes *COUGH COUGH GENEALOGYOFTHEHOLYWAR COUGH COUGH* and see how they handle them. Not mad or anything, I just don't like you bringing up the idea that they'll start doing crossovers with other series since that seems kind of silly, and especially that FE will die after this, as if these two great companies will end up making a game bad enough to piss off all the fans.