English Sully Confession

Hirondelle

Okay. So I'm sick and not allowed on the desktop, so I have to go online using my wiiu. And while it has flash player on it, it can't show embedded video. Does anyone have a link instead?

Edited by Enaeius

It's generally pretty profane in many circles. You don't see the word used very much in a Nintendo title either, and if it wasn't profane then there's no reason anime would have to censor it outside of Adult Swim.

Sully really sounded great! I can't wait to hear the rest of the confessions.

(My two cent on the issue: The only ones who consider bastard to be a profanity are overly zealous media watchdogs. I don't know anyone IRL, adult or child, who believes bastard is a cuss word.)

The people who would not let their kid play a game because they use he word bastard are probably the same ones that wouldn't let their kids play because you can use magic out of fear that it will turn them to Satan.

Right okay because I care.

(My two cent on the issue: The only ones who consider bastard to be a profanity are overly zealous media watchdogs. I don't know anyone IRL, adult or child, who believes bastard is a cuss word.)

Right okay, I know plenty of people on the other hand that aren't over-zealous people in general (my program director is nowhere near what you'd called over-zealous and he has a hard time accepting "piss" as a non-swear word, and piss is the least weighty of all of them). What's your point? You don't set the standard of what constitutes a swear and I highly doubt you don't know anyone IRL that considers it a swear because there are a large number of people who do. Wikipedia even does. I'm not trying to start a debate on this but I was noting how odd I found it that it would be in this particular game, especially after copious usage of the word "dastard" in previous games mixed with the fact that there are a good number of people in this world that do consider it a casual swear (on par with damn and hell) and others who consider it on par with "bitch." Edited by Lord Raven

Right okay because I care.

Right okay, I know plenty of people on the other hand that aren't over-zealous people in general (my program director is nowhere near what you'd called over-zealous and he has a hard time accepting "piss" as a non-swear word, and piss is the least weighty of all of them). What's your point? You don't set the standard of what constitutes a swear and I highly doubt you don't know anyone IRL that considers it a swear because there are a large number of people who do. Wikipedia even does. I'm not trying to start a debate on this but I was noting how odd I found it that it would be in this particular game, especially after copious usage of the word "dastard" in previous games mixed with the fact that there are a good number of people in this world that do consider it a casual swear (on par with damn and hell) and others who consider it on par with "bitch."

Okay, you are getting WAY to worked up about this, dude. 1. I thought it was implied that I was just stating the opinions of myself and people I know, not that I was speaking for the entire goddamn world. 2. I wasn't even replying to you, personally. Just generally, on the subject. This is a free discussion forum, right? Everyone can have their voice be heard? >_>

If it'll pull your panties out of that bunch they're in, I'll reword my earlier passage: I and my compatriots feel that 'bastard' is just a very impolite way of addressing someone, not a full on swear among the likes of f*ck, c*nt, etc. However, we acknowledge that this is a mindset limited to us, and don't assume that everyone we meet will feel the same.

Feel better?

I wasn't aware I was getting worked up. I was replying to a bunch of points made in a pretty pretentious way, and then greeted by a really condescending reply.

And I was replying because I got attacked for no reason, in an equally pretentious way.

But whatever, I really don't want to start a war here. I fully respect your viewpoint. I'm sorry for both my apparent pretentiousness and (unintentional) condescension. Lets be buds, 'kay?

Don't worry, Chrom still says "dastard" towards the beginning of the game.

Just like how "blast" and "damn" seem to fight for screentime.

So much war in this game!