My Unit --You, or someone else?

BlueLeafeon

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will you put yourself into Awakening?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xjezhekír's not really a human OC of mine, but it's largely a fantasy-based representation of myself, so why not? As one other user said, I'll more than likely be putting myself in the game in the form of a ... I always forget the damn word.

A chronicled Avatar? I'm not interested in an asexual representation of myself being capable of marriage or fatherhood in a game, so it works out that way.

I'll just create him on a playthrough, get to the point of being able to load him in(not sure when that is, exactly), and then start my actual main save and recruit him later on. I'm still deciding, but probably +Speed or +Res and -STR for Assets and Flaws, respectively.

Edited by Xjezhekír

It's a no from my end. I feel really uncomfortable looking at myself in a video game where I can date characters (ironically when I ported my Shepard into ME3, my friend pointed out that with the changed customization system, she was almost identical to me in appearance whoops... didn't name her after me though)

I'm in the field that likes to create my OCs and use them, or just go with a completely new kind of character. It's just easier for me to immerse myself into game play that way.

Also my name is lame and would make a lame character name haha

I would, but...

Therefor, I do not want to marry ladies, and I don't want to have an awkward girl character with a boy name.

Thus, I'm just going to create a female avatar, and marry the crap out of Chrom.

Your spoiler failed lol

Normally I wouldn't because I think it's kind of weird to 'put yourself' into a video game.

But for my first playthrough, I'm going to name My Unit after myself just so I can say to my sister when I support with Krom:

'HE LOOKED AT ME. WHILE I WAS NAKED.'

I am not madly in love with Krom. Nope.

Normally I wouldn't because I think it's kind of weird to 'put yourself' into a video game.

But for my first playthrough, I'm going to name My Unit after myself just so I can say to my sister when I support with Krom:

'HE LOOKED AT ME. WHILE I WAS NAKED.'

I am not madly in love with Krom. Nope.

LOL I can only imagine her reaction.

I would, but... [spoiler=I'm gay.]

Therefor, I do not want to marry ladies, and I don't want to have an awkward girl character with a boy name.

Thus, I'm just going to create a female avatar, and marry the crap out of Chrom.

Put the text you want to spoiler inside of the spoiler tags. The apostrophes are for denoting what exactly you're spoiling, e.g.

[spoiler='FE13 Chapter 1']There's a guy claiming to be Marth.[/spoiler]

produces

[spoiler=FE13 Chapter 1]There's a guy claiming to be Marth.

Also:

I don't want to have an awkward girl character with a boy name

I was willing to do this, but then they had to go and remove my mute option. :<

So I'm just gonna make a fake character who happens to also be obsessed with Stahl and we'll see how that goes.

Edited by Iridium

You know, if I really wanted to, I could take the same route I took when I played the Fire Emblem with the tactician character and create a FE version of me, but I really don't think I will since I'd prefer to choose a character that isn't really me. It's a customizable character and some of the options are very limited, so it would be hard for me to create an Avatar that truly represents me.

Gonna be honest here (if I ever DO get this game, considering my parents aren't happy about me being unable to find college classes... I've prettty much given up hope of ever playing it, let alone grabbing that bundle. The mere mention of preordering sent my parents into a tizzy.)

Mirror- Lucina MU with Lucina S support, Fem!Morgan, and big fat family slaughter with Liz's family in final chapter... as well as lots of horsebirds. Because horsebirds are love.

I would, but... [spoiler=I'm gay.]

Awww wub.gif . I really wish there weren't gender restrictions in this game. Would be so awesome if characters of the same sex could marry each other. I'm going to have my unit marry a guy, since I'm a straight girl and always put myself into these games colon3.gif; but, I would totally create some same-sex couples amongst the other units.

Gonna be honest here (if I ever DO get this game, considering my parents aren't happy about me being unable to find college classes... I've prettty much given up hope of ever playing it, let alone grabbing that bundle. The mere mention of preordering sent my parents into a tizzy.)

Mirror- Lucina MU with Lucina S support, Fem!Morgan, and big fat family slaughter with Liz's family in final chapter... as well as lots of horsebirds. Because horsebirds are love.

Hrmm... if you're not going to be taking any college classes this quarter/semester, perhaps you can get a job to start building your resume :D . Benefits of that is a pathway to a better career and money to buy yourself the game ;) .

Edited by Lauren

You have to take it into account that Japan is a different society.

Blatantly declaring ANYTHING loudly and proudly is frowned upon and you are seen as an arrogant idiot.

Sexual orientation falls into that category similar to the US Military's "Don't ask don't tell" policy.

It's just the way it is, and it went into their game design. *Shrug*

Blatantly declaring ANYTHING loudly and proudly is frowned upon and you are seen as an arrogant idiot.

Sexual orientation falls into that category similar to the US Military's "Don't ask don't tell" policy.

lol. I'm not ridiculing the game for placing gender restrictions; I'm just saying it would be nice, in an ideal world, if there weren't any.

A policy which has since expired. Even so, they don't need to make a big deal about it to everyone - but, you know, I should think they'd at least be alright with telling their most-trusted friends (e.g. A-supported people) in private conversations that could potentially lead to them getting married to a gender they don't like.

I'm not saying that they needed to make everyone bi, even. But it would have been nice to have one or two options even if they were MU-exclusive. Surrogates and lying-down-and-thinking-of-Ylisse are a thing, so it wouldn't even have to lock you out of Morgan.