Are we going to get characters from the SMT spinoffs?

I like the main SMT titles but I like Persona and Devil Survivor even better. Do we know yet if we're going to get characters from these games?

For the moment it looks like just the main SMT titles are getting characters but we still barely know anything so the Persona and Devil Survivor people could show up, but I don't know about Persona since it lacks the "SMT" in its title. We'll see

I like the main SMT titles but I like Persona and Devil Survivor even better. Do we know yet if we're going to get characters from these games?

Personally, i hope we don't get characters from the spinoffs.

Mainline needs some love once in a while.

It's looks like it's Main SMT titles. The ones that really have any chance of getting in is SMT: Strange Journey and SMT:Devil Summoner (the one on the Saturn and PSP BTW) and that's because they were marked specifically with "Shin Megami Tensei" in Japan. Persona and Devil Survivor weren't. They are still MegaTen games for sure but they weren't "Shin Megami Tensei"

That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a possibility, but don't get your hopes up.

For me personally, I think if there's going to be a Persona character, P1 and P2 characters would be the most reasonable, if only because of the atmosphere and style are similar to main titles, and connections with Tamaki from If... (and even then if we go that route, that means Raidou and Serph would have a chance because of their connection to Nocturne and it would just become too confusing.)

So yea, let's just think Main SMT titles for now.

Edited by alarnis92

I think that only SMT people would be (initially) available, but maybe we'll see the others as DLC. If so, Minato, Yu, Akihiko, and Yosuke better make it.

For the moment it looks like just the main SMT titles are getting characters but we still barely know anything so the Persona and Devil Survivor people could show up, but I don't know about Persona since it lacks the "SMT" in its title. We'll see

Technically, Persona 4 (and maybe P3) have "Shin Megami Tensei" written on the box, as does the PSP remake of P1 (and maybe P2 Innocent Sin), so it could go either way.

Technically, Persona 4 (and maybe P3) have "Shin Megami Tensei" written on the box, as does the PSP remake of P1 (and maybe P2 Innocent Sin), so it could go either way.

Not in Japan they don't, AFAIK.

Persona and Devil Survivor are Ibunroku (lit. alternate record) Megami Tensei in Japan. Strange Journey was meant to be SMT4 initially so we might see cameos from there, or some Devil Summoner characters, particularly Raidou for his cameo in SMT3. I doubt the Persona 3/4 or Devil Survivor cast will show up, because the atmosphere of the games are so different. Digital Devil Saga also seems like it might not be included, since the crew members ARE the demons.

Confirmed: Main series

Likely: Strange Journey, Raidou Kuzunoha

Possible: Soul Hackers

Stretching: Persona 1/2

Unlikely: Persona 3/4, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga