Best/Worst in the Series Round 177

NinjaMonkey

Best: FE10's Triangle attack, since it's actually feasible to pull off.

Worst: FE6's. Like someone said. Who would use Bors, Wendy AND Barth all at the same time? Seriously, not only is 3 Armorknights in FE6 a bad idea, but, with POSSIBLE exception of Barth, all three of these chumps suck.

Best: FE11/12 Palla/Catria/Est

Worst: FE4 Vampa/Eliu/Fetra

The DS ones are awesome because they allow quite a bit of liberty in it's setup thanks to class change, which comes in handy during mutliplayer.

Even better, it actually overwrites Dazzle.

Honorable mention goes to Barth/Bors and Wendy. It's the only version of the attack to be available early in the game and it can be used to hit those nasty high avoid bosses with 100% accuracy.

On the other hand of the spectrum, the mage trio is actually worse of for having it. Because they will always try to set it up, they will always get into Astra distance of their intended victim, usually getting themselves killed before they can activate it. It doesn't occur to them, that they can just wait next to their target and let the third sister finish it off with one single shot and no chance to counterattack.

Edited by BrightBow

The DS ones are awesome because they allow quite a bit of liberty in it's setup thanks to class change, which comes in handy during mutliplayer.

Even better, it actually overwrites Dazzle.

Honorable mention goes to Barth/Bors and Wendy. It's the only version of the attack to be available early in the game and it can be used to hit those nasty high avoid bosses with 100% accuracy.

I also found it rather interesting that the classes for the sisters didn't matter. Though you're about the only one here who has anything good to say about the armor triangle (or at least, the only one who bothered to defend it). IMHO, it's just too impractical to be anywhere near an efficient boss killing tactic for various reasons (for one, who'd field three armors at the same time, especially when one of them is the worst character in the game? Second, getting all 3 armors to the throne would be rather time comsuming [this gets worse when Bors and Barth promote, since pretty much nobody can ferry them any more]. This is a bad thing when some chapters essentially put you on a time limit. Third, three armors in FE6 just sounds like a horrible idea [this ties in to the first problem].).

I also found it rather interesting that the classes for the sisters didn't matter. Though you're about the only one here who has anything good to say about the armor triangle (or at least, the only one who bothered to defend it). IMHO, it's just too impractical to be anywhere near an efficient boss killing tactic for various reasons (for one, who'd field three armors at the same time, especially when one of them is the worst character in the game? Second, getting all 3 armors to the throne would be rather time comsuming [this gets worse when Bors and Barth promote, since pretty much nobody can ferry them any more]. This is a bad thing when some chapters essentially put you on a time limit. Third, three armors in FE6 just sounds like a horrible idea [this ties in to the first problem].).

That's all true but all of them are pretty bad. Or they almost can't be used at all. I mean, it can be so bad that you only get the PoR version for the very final chapter. And the boss in that chapter can't even be hurt by it.

Edited by BrightBow

That's all true but all of them are pretty bad. Or they almost can't be used at all. I mean, it can be so bad that you only get the PoR version for the very final chapter. And the boss in that chapter can't even be hurt by it.

I don't think anyone here mentioned the FE9 pegasus triangle attack for worst, mainly because of the other triangle attack available in Tellius. That being said, I do agree that triangle attacks in general are impractical.

Edited by Levant Fortner