My opinion on PoR characters

VGE

Months ago, I made a thread in this section asking what people thought about PoR Sothe. There was a reason for that – I was trying to make a video about my opinions on PoR characters. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, but kept forgetting to do so. Instead of typing out a detailed description on how I feel about certain characters, I decided to put it into a video instead, while putting gameplay in, so it's still somewhat entertaining. I have quite a bit of videos I can post of this, but I want to see what people think first.

Keep in mind, I'm recording my face in the video, but gameplay does show up.

Do you want me to continue with "My opinion on PoR characters," or is no one interested? My opinion could differ from someone else's view on the character, and I'm well aware of that. I believe I address that in the video, but keep in mind when watching; it's my own personal opinion. You can feel free to disagree with everything I say if you want. Anyways, here is the first video; "My Opinion on Ike."

01 - Ike
02 - Titania
03 - Oscar
04 - Boyd
05 - Rhys
06 - Shinon
07 - Gatrie
08 - Soren
09 - Mia

11 - Mist

12 - Rolf

13 - Marcia

14 - Lethe

15 - Mordecai

16 - Volke

17 - Brom

18 - Kieran

Edited by etern

Do you wear a retainer?

Edit: I would recommend to script it, at least partially. Trailing off and such. I don't know.

I feel like you're just saying whatever comes to mind without any regard.

Edited by Doga

^ I don't wear a retainer in the day, but I do at night. When I recorded that - months ago - I had a cold. Plus, I mumble a lot. That might be what you're hearing.

I'll script them later, since I have opinions recorded up until Jill. (As in, Sothe is the last one I recorded), but everyone else, I'll script.

Is this your passion?

If you could do only one thing for the rest of your life, what would you do? Would it be this? Is this your passion? The golden chariot that every man and woman must ride to destiny, may it be art, knowledge, or faith. Do you accept the responsibility of passion? Do you ride the bull to the bitter end, no matter how rough it may get? Grit your teeth; grind them until they become a fine powder. Then, snort the powder and enter the dimension of success. Is this your bull?

I repeat: IS THIS YOUR BULL, ETERN!?!?

Because if it is, I advise you hang on for the long haul. No turning back; no regrets. Only. Victory.

Edited by Doga

Wait, nothing about Ike's personality? D:

He's got one of the most lovable personalities EVER, if you ask me! But don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you DID say about him. :)

Aether is EPIC, and Ike is SO powerful and awesome as a unit. But I really love him most for his character and design. I love his bluntness, his passionate heart, his humorous love of food (especially meat lol), even how stubborn and reckless he can be. It just makes him so damn awesome. He yelled at Apostle Sanaki for crying out loud! That takes guts. As for his design, I loved it more in RD, but I also liked how he looked as a Lord in PoR. That blue cape with the green headband and armor, and the still kinda tattered look of the tunic was perfect and fit with Ike's character perfectly. He doesn't care for his appearance much, his hair is always messy and uncombed and he wears tattered clothes all the time. And still, he is very handsome! It's incredible how he can look so messy, yet SO attractive. <3

Edited by Anacybele

@Doga: If you are asking if I wanna make videos as my job, to be my career choice...no. I do love making videos, and I upload a lot of stuff because I personally want to, but my career I absolutely want, is to be a Kindergarten Teacher.

@Anacybele: I...don't really know how to address personality. :/

Wait, nothing about Ike's personality? D:

He's got one of the most lovable personalities EVER, if you ask me! But don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you DID say about him. :)

Aether is EPIC, and Ike is SO powerful and awesome as a unit. But I really love him most for his character and design. I love his bluntness, his passionate heart, his humorous love of food (especially meat lol), even how stubborn and reckless he can be. It just makes him so damn awesome. He yelled at Apostle Sanaki for crying out loud! That takes guts. As for his design, I loved it more in RD, but I also liked how he looked as a Lord in PoR. That blue cape with the green headband and armor, and the still kinda tattered look of the tunic was perfect and fit with Ike's character perfectly. He doesn't care for his appearance much, his hair is always messy and uncombed and he wears tattered clothes all the time. And still, he is very handsome! It's incredible how he can look so messy, yet SO attractive. <3

WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!I agree with you completely. Maybe less intensely though.

Also, I'd suggest not necessarily scripting but certainly writing something out to follow to cut down on rambling for sure. Granted, I have yet to watch it because I'm at school but I will when I am home! Its definitely a cool idea though that I think other FE fans would be interested in.

@Anacybele: I...don't really know how to address personality. :/

Aw, that stinks. But that's okay, I understand. :)

No review is perfect, after all!

ManaBlitz: Haha, sweet! XD

Here's Titania.

....I hope you all understand what I say in the beginning part, and hopefully, why I said it...

Your opinion on Titania is kind of strange, it's "I like her because she is promoted, and I dislike her because she is promoted", also I think you should talk about the character, not only the unit. And I agree with you : "cia" is not pronounced "sha" tongue.gif

Edited by Aether911

Your opinion on Titania is kind of strange, it's "I like her because she is promoted, and I dislike her because she is promoted", also I think you should talk about the character, not only the unit.

I appreciate the feedback. All the reviews should improve starting with Jill. Also, back in the first video - Ike - I said I would put gameplay in the corner. Well, the reason I didn't do that, and just showed the full video, is because I thought it looked better, as well as took a lot less editing. Hope that's okay. =]

Ooh, Oscar's one of my favorite knights in the series too! I like Kieran a little more though, cause of his funny character and he's just plain awesome. He's so brave and so loyal. Not that Oscar isn't those things either, Kieran just seems to be a little more so.

But yay for Oscar! I also really liked his and Boyd's and Rolf's history. It was really a touching story and I felt bad for them, having been so poor and all after their dad died.

I agree that you should have some kind of script. Or at least bullet points on a list or something, just to keep on track. And also, I don't know if it'll come up much more, but if you've got outside things to say, then put them in the post, or the video description. You seem to derail a lot, or spend a lot of time in a character video talking about things other than the characters.

I will certainly keep posting! As for doing a text review... well, I don't really want to type out what I'm saying, or what my review is for the character. I can always provide the script (once I start doing one) of what I'm going to say in the video description, if you want.