Pairings Discussion Thread

Songbird

Since I don't believe we have one in the FE7 section (and yes I did check, so if it turns out that one exists, I'm totally blind) I decided to make it for people who like to ship. XD

Anyway, no wars in here if you disagree with a certain pairing, please.

My favourites:

Serra x Matthew: lololol This needs no explaination.

Rebecca x Raven: Even though they don't get a paired ending, which I don't get. ;__;

Isadora x Geitz: No Harken, ISADORA AND BIRD-BONDING PLX

Priscilla x Heath: Just...awwww......

Priscilla x Guy: Also another 'awwww' couple. Though I prefer Heath x Priscilla slightly more.

Pent x Louise: It's canon.

Sain x Florina: They had no supports, which was disappointing. Who WOULDN'T want to see a womanizer and a girl terrified of men support. Lol.

Farina x Dart: BEST COUPLE EVER THEY TOTALLY UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!

I shall add more later. For now, please post your favourite couples! =D

Here are a few pairings I thought were cute.

Serra x Matthew

Serra x Erk

Priscilla x Heath

Florina x Hector

Lyn x Hector

Pent x Louise

Lyn x Rath

I'm going to stop there...XD

Hmm...

Eliwood x Ninian - This is canon, in my mind.

Lyn x Rath - Also canon to me.

Hector x Florina - Also canon to me.

Raven x Priscilla - These two should seriously get married.

Raven x Rebecca - Why don't they have an ending together when they support?

There's more. Maybe I'll post later.

I'll start with one:

Jaffar x Nino: Nino's the first person(probably the only person) that Jaffar cares about/loves. That deserves an "Awwwww" in my book.

Edited by Fireman

Priscilla with Heath or Guy angers me because they both leave her in tears in their endings. Heartless jerks.

Eliwood x Ninian - It's canon

Lyn x Rath - It's canon

Hector x Florina - Farina could work, but Florina is better

Harken x Isadora - almost like a tragic love story

Farina x Dart - It's canon

Matthew x Serra - I don't want to mean to good old Matt, but where else can Chad come from?

Fiora x Kent/Sain - Either one feels right to me.

Rebecca x Sain - That'll be fun

Rebecca x Raven - Even more so.

Serra x Wil - What? I think they'd work well together.

Priscilla x Erk - I don't like Erk, but this is almost canon

Priscilla x Lucius - She thinks he's beautiful, so why not?

Priscilla x Raven - You know they want to.

Priscilla x Fox - What? I can dream.

Jaffar x Nino - Seems weird because of age, but cute.

Wallace x Vaida - I wouldn't want to SEE it....but it works.

Karla x Guy - Just feels right. Better than Bartre.

I know its an impossible ending to get, but I've always liked the idea of Lyn going off with the tactition.

Maybe because you were the tactician?

Also, I'll add a couple more:

EliwoodxNinian: It's canon(duh).

LynxKent: It has that "knight in shining armor" feel to it....I'm not sure how to describe it.

Edited by Fireman

Sain x every girl

Florina x Will (because Florina got scared of Will when they fisrt met)

Matthew x Leila (if she didn't die)

Erk x Serra (I'd laugh my head off)

Lyn x Rath

Eliwood x Ninian

Fiora x me

To everyone who calls any pairing "canon": The only such pairing is Pent x Louise.

Sure, even if you don't go the Eliwood x Ninian and Lyn x Hector routes, those relationships are strongly hinted at... but neither FE6 nor the epilogue of FE7 says who Roy's and Lilina's mothers were, and people are already disputing the "canonness" of those pairings anyway.

Having said that: my favorite relationships...

Lyn x Hector (Lyndis I, Madelyn, Lyndis II, Lilina... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?)

Eliwood x Ninian

Erk x Priscilla

Serra x Matthew

Nino x Jaffar

Kent x Fiora

Isadora x Harken

Lyn x Hector

Eliwood x Ninian

Rebecca x Will

Jaffar x Nino

Karla x Batre

These are some of my favorites. Vaida x Canas is another of my favs for pure amusement. Also, I too wish Florina had a support with Sain. Androphobic x Womanizer FTW :D

Lyn x Hector isn't strongly hinted. Lyn x Rath is, because Lyn is the only candidate for Sue's mother.

I think it's about as strongly hinted as Eliwood x Ninian. (Chapter 18H, and 24H have scenes between Lyn and Hector, plus the song that only plays in 29xE/31xH if Lyn and Hector talk with an A support...)

And Lyn isn't the only woman in Sacae, so it's a bit absurd to say that only she could be Sue's mother.

I think it's about as strongly hinted as Eliwood x Ninian. (Chapter 18H, and 24H have scenes between Lyn and Hector, plus the song that only plays in 29xE/31xH if Lyn and Hector talk with an A support...)

And Lyn isn't the only woman in Sacae, so it's a bit absurd to say that only she could be Sue's mother.

Yeah, but it would also make sense if she was. Sue's hair color even sort of resembles Lyn. However, that doesn't mean Lyn is definitely Sue's mother, so this is all open to fan speculation.

Well, Rath x Lyn seem the most likely at being canon, though there is some proof to back up Hector x Lyn. FE7 makes it seem canon, anyway. Eliwood x Lyn however, seems almost impossible. In the Marcus-Lilina supports, Marcus mentions a time when Eliwood went to get a rare flower from Ilia, because it was his wife's favourite. Lyn doesn't seem like she'd know what Ilian flowers would look like, while Fiora and Ninian would. Which is why it's more likely Eliwood married one of them. XD

Also, Isadora x Legault interested me the other day. I mean, I know I should like her with Harken instead of Geitz and Legault....but...I don't know. I find her supports with the other two more interesting, though I have nothing against Harken. XD

And Guy x Serra has been on my mind ever since I saw that picture of the two that Fox posted in the Fanart section...

KarlaXGuy: It's sad that guy doesn't get married at the end :( . I personnaly think that he should that's why I also support

LynXEliwood: I always thought that was a good couple.

WilXRebecca: Wolt looks A LOT like Wil.

SainXLucius: Imagine Sain was actually gay XD.

HectorXFlorina: See LynXEliwood.

MatthewXLeila: My theory is that chad was born before Leila died XD.

NinoXJaffar: I always laugh at the fact that the Black Fang's best killer married Canas's Niece XD.

HeathXPriscilla: They should've gotten married.

MarcusXSerra: JOKING.

To everyone who calls any pairing "canon": The only such pairing is Pent x Louise.

Sure, even if you don't go the Eliwood x Ninian and Lyn x Hector routes, those relationships are strongly hinted at... but neither FE6 nor the epilogue of FE7 says who Roy's and Lilina's mothers were, and people are already disputing the "canonness" of those pairings anyway.

Having said that: my favorite relationships...

Lyn x Hector (Lyndis I, Madelyn, Lyndis II, Lilina... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?)

Eliwood x Ninian

Erk x Priscilla

Serra x Matthew

Nino x Jaffar

Kent x Fiora

Isadora x Harken

You forget Batre x Karla, which is obviously the second most canon thing there is.

I like:

Eliwood - Ninian : seems like the story steers you here anyway, and the CG looks right.

Hector - Florina : I think it's a hilarious pairing since Florina is so afraid of everyone. The Hector - Lyn CG just looks creepy and while the Hector - Farina CG looks about right, since Lilina is described as kind of shy, I think that takes after her mother just right if it's Florina. Plus I think there are better options for the other two choices anyway.

Lyn - Rath : Sacae's go together, right? Besides, Lyn seems like she can melt down Rath. And Sue looks like an appropriate mix of both Rath and Lyn, so it seems to fit.

Sain - Fiora : I love Sain, so I only feel that it's fair that he gets with the finest Pegasus Knight of all time (I still think she's better than Syrene). Though I do love that with Rebecca their son is "nothing like his father," I can't pass up hooking up Sain with the finest of the fine.

Kent - Duty : So giving away Lyn and Fiora leaves Kent out in the rain, but let's be honest, he's married to being a knight. He may like Lyn but that doesn't mean he gets her.

Wil - Rebecca : Archer + Archer = Archer. Since Wolt is an archer, it makes sense to me.

Serra - Matthew : I think he's the only guy capable of putting up with her. And if she gets too annoying - WHAM - knife to the back.

Erk - Nino : Mage + Mage = 2(Mage) So we know Nino mothers twin sons, who just happen to be Lugh and Ray, both mages. The Force runs strong in this family, heh.

Bartre - Karla : So Fir wants to be a badass swordmaster. While it's not 100 canon that Karla is her mother, it makes plenty of sense to me. And besides, Bartre is such a meathead he needs a good strong woman like Karla to knock him around a bit.

Dart - Farina : They're a perfect match. 'Nuff said.

Isadora - Harken : Knights of Pherae deserve to stick together. And Harken is a hero and heroes are cool, so it's a good match for him. Umm, she's in love with him anyway? So why not.

While Priscilla has 3 possible matches, I don't like any of them. I think Erk is better fit with Nino, Heath is emo, and I just flat out hate Guy. I'm sure she'll find a better noble somewhere along the way and end up happy. She's too far above the losers in the group. Too bad you can't pair her with Kent. I feel bad for him, he's a good guy and all and I think he'd be an admirable pair for her.

Serra - Matthew : I think he's the only guy capable of putting up with her. And if she gets too annoying - WHAM - knife to the back.

I lol'd, even though I actually love Serra. But hey, Erk could put up with her too! Well, sort of. If they had an A support, anyway. I think there was Oswin, too...

Bartre - Karla : So Fir wants to be a badass swordmaster. While it's not 100 canon that Karla is her mother, it makes plenty of sense to me. And besides, Bartre is such a meathead he needs a good strong woman like Karla to knock him around a bit.

Nah, I think it is 100% canon. Fir refers to Karel as her 'Uncle Karel', and I think Karel and Bartre talk about about Karla in their supports.

While Priscilla has 3 possible matches, I don't like any of them. I think Erk is better fit with Nino, Heath is emo, and I just flat out hate Guy. I'm sure she'll find a better noble somewhere along the way and end up happy. She's too far above the losers in the group. Too bad you can't pair her with Kent. I feel bad for him, he's a good guy and all and I think he'd be an admirable pair for her.

Hey, she also has a support with Sain, even though they don't have an ending! XD

But I suppose Kent x Priscilla is interesting in it's own right as well.

MatthewXLeila: My theory is that chad was born before Leila died XD.

That would make Chad a lot older than he really is in FE6, unless he's one of those midgets who don't age.

But it would have been nice if there was a way for Leila to live.