This is one expensive game...

MasterJP28

Remember guys that in the Iwata Asks interview they specifically said they made sure the stand-alone game was fully playable and deep enough in and of itself before they even thought about DLC. DLC is just "extra stuff" that's not necissary in the slightest to fully enjoy the game.

Yup. All the DLC takes place in the Outrealms and is not related to the main story. You just buy whatever you want, but you have a full game no matter what.

There are some neat things you can get in the DLC though. All the DLC can viewed here. http://www.serenesfo...lc_jp.html#list

Personally, I will probably get the "money" "exp" and "infinite divine weapons" maps and almost nothing else. (And the first map because its free for a month).

Edited by Zera

Is there any point in getting the strongest ones name. Like some special item.

It is the ultimate challenge. You can recruit Katarina (Whoever that is). And that's it.

Is there any point in getting the strongest ones name. Like some special item.

Unless you think the Ultimate Emblem is worth the insane amount of masochism? No.

Well, you get to recruit Katarina... but that's it.

It's for the challenge.

Holy Sh** that's a lot of clams (relative to the product your getting in return). Is it confirmed that the DLC will cost? I know sometimes America (among others) get stuff like that for free or cheap. The Dragon Quest games are a good example. Sometimes those games can go for $100+, while we get them at regular retail price. Of course DQ is kind of a Japanese phenomenon, but that was just an example.

Edited by Happy_Dingo

You get something like 18 special tiles. That's pretty much a reward in and of itself.

Aah late response but thanks to everyone who answered this for me.

I'll probably end up getting Summer of Bonds and the others in the series when I have spare money, but it'll probably be a little lower on my hierarchy of wanted DLC list until then :T But by the time it comes out I'll probably be able to afford it so moot point!

Thank the Maker all this DLC doesn't come out all at once.

Marth's map costs 300 yen in Japan and $2.50 in America. We can estimate a conversion by just swapping yen to cents and then taking off $0.50.

With that in mind, let's say you get Marth for free, then nab Alm, Eirika, Ike, and Katarina, the ones I'd say are must-haves. That's $13 - quite reasonable. Anything else is a nice bonus if you so desire it.

And of course you don't even need any of those to have an experience more complete than any past FE game, but who could pass those up?

Edited by Othin

Lunatic+ is No Fun Allowed mode to me anyway from what I can tell. The challenge seems arbitrary and unfun at that point.

That's just me though.

Hahahahahaha no way, it's awesome.

I dunno, it's kind of gay that enemies can randomly get Great Shield+ or Holy Shield+ or can always hit you or can always strike first. Which if you combine with shit like every single axe user having Zeal/Gamble (so around a 7-10% chance of going 'oops you died') makes it seem more like Reset Until Everything Goes Your Way Mode.

(also I'm not buying this game until a few months after because I'm not made of money)

Edited by Tyrant Sage

If we just look at what i believe to be the essentials in making Lunatic+ mode, it wolud look like spirit talisman 1,2,3, KvK decisve battle, RvB descive battle, LvD decisive battle, and then gold experience and infinite divine weapons. So on the original topic we have about 2650 ¥ which i think will translate to about 26-27 bucks.

It really isn't.

If we just look at what i believe to be the essentials in making Lunatic+ mode, it wolud look like spirit talisman 1,2,3, KvK decisve battle, RvB descive battle, LvD decisive battle, and then gold experience and infinite divine weapons. So on the original topic we have about 2650 ¥ which i think will translate to about 26-27 bucks.

or you listen to the guy who's actually played Lunatic+ and verified that you're being ridiculous

Hahahahahaha no way, it's awesome.

Well allright then. I will of course give it a try when the time comes, but I dunno. Constantly doing half the damage I should be for no real reason other than the game says so seems a bit frustrating.

How much harder is plus then regular lunatic.

This is getting off topic. I haven't played it, but from what I've heard L+ is essentially "I want the AI to cheat as much as possible" mode. Their stats are identical to regular lunatic, but they have skills like "ALWAYS hit you no matter what" and "Always activating Luna". I'm not sure when you start seeing the exclusive skills though.

To keep this slightly on-topic while still maintining the Loony discussion, I hear "Entombed Heavan" is pretty much the only reliable way to grind on Lunatic, as regular battles give reduced EXP, Skirmishes throw ridiculous stuff at you for almost no exp, and Steetpass/Spotpass teams are programmed to only give 1 exp each. (I'm just recounting what ShadowsOfChaos said in his LP, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Edited by Big Klingy

To keep this slightly on-topic while still maintining the Loony discussion, I hear "Entombed Heaven" is pretty much the only reliable way to grind on Lunatic, as regular battles give reduced EXP, Skirmishes throw ridiculous stuff at you for almost no exp, and Steetpass/Spotpass teams are programmed to only give 1 exp each. (I'm just recounting what ShadowsOfChaos said in his LP, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

You can pretty much grind on the Marth DLC for now. If you have a leveled enough unit, you can get a lot of exp for kills by simply skipping the Enemy Phase. Especially if MU/Avatar has Veteran.

Entombed Heaven loses its grinding ability two promoted reclasses in... And I use Seliph's DLC + Paragon (which you get from that DLC) to grind because eventually it's kill count, and not enemy levels that level you up when your internal level on Lunatic is Maxed.

And as for the Skirmishes, that's true.

SkirmishatChapter8.png

This was after Chapter 8.

Edited by shadowofchaos

^ stick to the motherf***in topic!!! I'm just kidding :D

This game is gonna be awesome can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! Also here is a question: is there a time limit for when you can purchase DLC, kinda like how pokemon had special events for a certain timeframe? Or once it's out you can get it whenever?

As for L+ I think it will be a fun challenge. If it is no longer fun, just play it with casual to get the intensity without the headache.

^ stick to the motherf***in topic!!! I'm just kidding :D

This game is gonna be awesome can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! Also here is a question: is there a time limit for when you can purchase DLC, kinda like how pokemon had special events for a certain timeframe? Or once it's out you can get it whenever?

As for L+ I think it will be a fun challenge. If it is no longer fun, just play it with casual to get the intensity without the headache.

No, once the DLC is out, it'll always be there... unless they shut down their servers or whatever.

And yeah, Lunatic+ is going to be so cool! I'll play it on my third play-through. After Hard and Lunatic...

Edit: Ninja'd

Oh, and @Sigue...

What do you mean by "buying them as they come out will reduce perceived cost"?

Edit 2: Oh, never mind. I get it. It seems cheaper if you buy them one at a time as opposed to buying them all at once... which makes it seem rather expensive. Unfortunately, I'll be doing the later, since I won't get the game 'til June...

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever