Lords x Pegasus Knights

ZemZem

Well it is kinda obvious for me as for why many lords have the option to marry a pegasus knight:

because all pegasus knights are female,thus making every one of them a possible candidate and since every game has at least 3 pegasus knights(at least I think so)it makes sense,that at least one of them is a love interest.

Especially since it helps to make the pegasus knights more diverse if they have different characters as possible partners.

The only one who is definetly canon is marth/caeda and to some extent chrome/sumia,since this is the default pairing for chrome and featured in the intro,it is quite close to being canon(of course it is not completely canon)

Ike/Elincia isn't even an option since FE10 anymore and since Elincia doesn't get any other optional pairings it is safe to assume that elincia/geoffrey is canon(similar to all other RD-Pairings)

Edited by BlueLore

Claire in FE2 mentions she liked Alm in one of her endings

Though in that very ending, she went reluctantly let someone else get together with her. (Making the one who 'win' her heart ending just look plain bizarre.)

Another Catria.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess Chrom and Sumia have a 'prominent' relationship too.

There are definitely parts of the story that are... more meaningful if you paired Chrom with Sumia. I'd say they're pretty canon.

Plus I just kinda like the mental image of Cordelia murdering Sumia in a yandere rage

Just curious, why HectorXLyn? Because there's more conversation within the non-support script that builds on it? I do think it makes sense, if so, just asking if there's other reasons.

Hector x Lyn A also gets you a special Talk event in the shopping chapter, with unique music. It's sort of analogous to the alternate version of Ninian's death that you get with Eliwood A support, which also has unique music. You need these to get 100% completion of the Sound Room.

Edited by zahlman

There are definitely parts of the story that are... more meaningful if you paired Chrom with Sumia. I'd say they're pretty canon.

Plus I just kinda like the mental image of Cordelia murdering Sumia in a yandere rage

Dood, you're awesome for this. I can see the fan art of it nao, and it is glorious.

So, one thing in common is that several pegasus knights might have unrequited crushes for the Lord of their game. Atleast, there's the possibility for it.

Since female Lords have been brought up, while five exist in the series, (although only two are actually labeled as "Lords" within their games) none of them are actually the definite main character (i.e: the "Marth") of their game. The closest we get is Eirika, and even then we have the choice of opting out in favor of her brother. Celica would be a pretty close second, though.

I would certainly enjoy having a female lead in a new FE game, especially if she also had a class that was notably different from the standard sword-using Lord archetype IS is oh-so-fond of.

As for the Lord x Pegasus Knight couples, I think the deal with that is that it's a recurring callback to Marth and Caeda's romance in the very first game. It doesn't seem to go much deeper than that, as the Pegasus Knight love options are usually pretty arbitrary or off to the side in later games, with the exceptions of Ike and Elincia and Chrom and Sumia, who actually do have a bit of ship tease in the main stories even if you don't support them. Although if you really want them to be any one of Chrom's loves save Sully could be a Peggy

And, the pairings being sexist? Maybe there's something I'm missing by being a guy, but I don't really find them sexist at all. I don't really think it'd get into being sexist unless they did something that rubbed the "romantic superiority" of the frilly froo froo girls in the other girls' faces. Since Chrom can be paired with Sumia or Olivia (both rather meek personalities), Sully or Maribelle (both rather strong personalities), or a female Avatar (his number one BFF), I'd say Chrom's romance options aren't really all that sexist at all, and it just comes down to the player's own thoughts and preferences as to who he should end up with. On a whole, the PeggyxLord pairings from other games don't seem all that sexist to me either, although part of that might be due to the gameplay driving home the fact that the girls are often every bit as capable and badass as the guys.

Sorry if I don't really make sense here, or if I misunderstood what people meant to convey. I understood me perfectly in my head, but many people do and that doesn't really mean anything so if my post is nonsensical or I misunderstood, please do speak up and I will gladly attempt to remedy the situation.

Edited by Starlight36

Male peg knights would be cool. I don't care if they look frilly or not.

I'm pretty sure female lead saving men has been done though:

-Lyn saves several people. Like, nearly every chapter she is saving people. That's one of the FE lord tricks for recruiting units. Nils and Lucius in particular, would not be OK without her. I think Lucius officially qualifies as a manly damsel in distress (seriously, he probably would have died without Lyn's group to help him...). Many/most of the saved damsels in FE are fairly brave anyway. Guinevere I think is the exception. SHe has ridiculous stats but never fields...

And remember when Nino refuses to kill Zephiel? I suppose she didn't save him, in the way of turning around and toasting Jaffar and Sonia. Not like a level 5 mage could manage something like that anyway. Still seems like her strength of character is what turned the tide - for the good, I think, in FE7, and to some extent for the bad in FE6 (...Zephiel's survival...).

Just curious, why HectorXLyn? Because there's more conversation within the non-support script that builds on it? I do think it makes sense, if so, just asking if there's other reasons.

Simple. They have a converssation with a unique music. Besides, Their relation is focused. Less evident than Eliwood X Ninian, but still heavily implied.

And yeah, cannon is a pretty poor choice of worlds, but they are more or less heavily implied. You can't deny that. (I'm not even a Lyn X Hector fan, you know...)

EDIT : Ninja'd. And Eli X Ninian is as cannon as it can be. You honestly can't deny it. (and there's the fact she's the more likely to get...)

Edited by TendaSlime

So, one thing in common is that several pegasus knights might have unrequited crushes for the Lord of their game. Atleast, there's the possibility for it.

I think the common thread is that pegasus knights are just quick to fall in love, especially with lords, other royalty, or sometimes other pegasus knights if your yuri goggles are at maximum. Also in official art they are rockin' dat ZR an awful lot of the time.