Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Vote: Return of the Dragon because they haven't been in the thread much either and from my POV it's between them and two others who at least have more solid content to count for

Doormat still gives me mixed feelings though ;/

I don't have time for a proper post. That will happen when I get back. I would wait, but the game seems to be moving faster than I anticipated.

No long speeches for me. There are 9 possible "solutions" to the game. If we lynch two unknowns, we win 2 out of 9. If we lynch Petrichor and an unknown, we win 5 out of 9. Unless new evidence comes to light that trumps that, I'm set in my ways. I'd also prefer an extra 48 hours to decide on which unknown is the scummiest.

Obama, could you give me some of your thoughts? Even if it's as simple as a list of preferences, it would help me out immensely.

I agree that RoTD seems pretty scummy but at the same time mathematically Petrichor still stands out and I don't buy the outburst 100%, just seems a bit fishy still to me.

My main problem with an RoTD lynch is not only the potential loss but that habitual silence plagues games often enough it doesn't serve necessarily as a reliable indicator.

Frankly Obama since I know who you are I'm really against you ruining my 100% no-mislynch streak but ~whatever~, do what you have to do to win the game. Ultimately I don't want to fuck over town's win because I decided to be petty. Thing is I'm still going to be a mislynch so I don't really know how that helps aside from knowing both millers are dead.

Nothing personal, but it's the best chance FMPOV. If it's any consolation, you will preserve your "never flip town when lynched" record.

I don't think we need an extension, but if one more person wants it, I won't object.

NOW

@Doormat

I'm not surprised Moriarty's dead, I think the only way he could've survived is if scum had found the doc elsewhere. Out of the other consistently active players, one was confirmed not doc, one was confirmed cop, one was on shaky ground and unlikely to be doc, so he was the best target if they didn't know where the doc was.

Don't really know about the vote, the point on me was valid enough, if a little sheepy. Plenty of people wanted to lynch either me or Cristina, including one confirmed town, so I don't think I can hold that against him.

Where were you day 2? It was a pretty tumultuous phase, and the fact I don't have any reactions from you makes me worried.

@Saya

Doormat can't be scum, his name is in green like the other confirmed townies.

While I appreciate that unlike the others, you were around for deadline, but why didn't you lay a vote down? For all we knew, failure to hammer could have meant a universal loss.

Oh I did not know that doormat was confirmed town...well that just makes the decision to lynch rod 100 times easier. Also I know this may not sound believable but I honestly didn't know it was deadline otherwise I would have made a vote on Christina like everyone else to get the hammer taken care of.

like hey obama hey oser make up your minds already but make sure not to give the inactive guy a ~free pass~ just because he's inactive because if he ends up being scum and you guys let him get away because "INACTIVITY ISN'T A REASON TO VOTE SOMEONE" I'm not going to be happy with you

also doormat what was up with voting me and then voting rod in the same post, was that just an edit or something

because really, rod's wagon hop kinda sucked and he hasn't been paying attention to the game either. It's easy to say "scum might have a rolecop that's how they hit doc" but who's to say scum just didn't get lucky, especially since I was pretty sure Moriarty was town yesterday and Aniki was hardcore town too

but we don't know why mafia kills because we're not the mafia I suppose

saya and doormat have been giving me towntells though, doormat less so and I'm still not completely sure about him but that earlier interaction with Aniki...

I'm still trying to decide if I prefer a universal loss or being endgamed by scum after having scanned them as scum. The former at least has some dignity to it. I might reconsider in 80 minutes time if Obama flakes out again and the following doesn't work:

##Request: Extension

The contempt to everyone here shown by Doormat and Return of the Dragon is quite astounding. If there's a good reason you haven't shown up, let us know, or sub out.

Two users have requested an extenstion. That is 2/6 = 33% > 30% threshold. You will have 24 more hours to get your ducks in a row and figure out a lynch.

I will now go prod inactives via PM.

Edit: yeah, votals

Return of the Dragon: Doormat, Saya, Petrichor

Petrichor: Petrichor.

I don't think I missed anything.

Edited by Balcerzak

I like the part where "I'd rather not be endgamed by scum scanned as scum" when I'm actually not scum :o)

but even though you don't think I'm scum you choose to go off of a [possibly inaccurate] scan anyway! This is why I didn't want cop to lead the town because town's just probably going to lose now.