For those that preordered the bundle

LeThiAnh

Don't those cost money, though?

I don't think so. You just sign up by giving some basic information like name, address, and phone number. I've never had any issue with it either. It's quite convenient.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my text, I can get it tomorrow but won't be able to play it til Saturday due to work/class/spending time with soon to be fiance. =p

Best wishes on that last bit going well! ^_^

To be fair, this was Nintendo's screw up, not Gamestop's. Even Amazon has been delayed horridly by it. Though I still don't suggest buying from Gamestop unless they have some exclusive (bundle, art book, etc) that you cannot get elsewhere.

I'd just like to remind you all that this is just a delay. Sure it's a delay of a highly anticipated game that was heavily promoted, which is pretty bad, but I'm just saying don't get too angry about this: because it could be worse.

We could have got screwed like Ni no Kuni's Wizard's Edition did. Text taken from TV Tropes.

"The distribution company, Digital River, oversold copies due to a glitch in their ordering system. What few copies there were in stock were sent to randomly-chosen customers, so that even people who pre-ordered seven months prior were not guaranteed copies. Those who had their orders cancelled were reimbursed with a 20-USD coupon for use in NAMCO Bandai's online store and a voucher for an unofficial strategy guide for a game they don't have, distribution of both also handled by Digital River. Meanwhile, eBay reseller PlayCanada successfully got a hold of over 200 pre-ordered Wizard Editions and is scalping them for over 300 USD."

One of the benefits of living in Australia, I guess, since I got mine without a hitch.

But anyway, you guys should be THANKFUL all you're getting is a DELAY. It could have been so much worse.

I'd just like to remind you all that this is just a delay. Sure it's a delay of a highly anticipated game that was heavily promoted, which is pretty bad, but I'm just saying don't get too angry about this: because it could be worse.

We could have got screwed like Ni no Kuni's Wizard's Edition did. Text taken from TV Tropes.

"The distribution company, Digital River, oversold copies due to a glitch in their ordering system. What few copies there were in stock were sent to randomly-chosen customers, so that even people who pre-ordered seven months prior were not guaranteed copies. Those who had their orders cancelled were reimbursed with a 20-USD coupon for use in NAMCO Bandai's online store and a voucher for an unofficial strategy guide for a game they don't have, distribution of both also handled by Digital River. Meanwhile, eBay reseller PlayCanada successfully got a hold of over 200 pre-ordered Wizard Editions and is scalping them for over 300 USD."

One of the benefits of living in Australia, I guess, since I got mine without a hitch.

But anyway, you guys should be THANKFUL all you're getting is a DELAY. It could have been so much worse.

Yes, but you see, we Americans like to complain about everything. We also love making mountains out of molehills.

Edited by MagicLeafy

Friday in the evening...

I WANTED THE MORNING BEFORE I GO TO COLLEGE.

Oh well. On the same day anyway. I could stay at college for a bit playing around with keyboarding, even if it's boring. >.>

Or I could finish it up then go "afk" at gamestop until the game is "out"

Yes, but you see, we Americans like to complain about everything. We also love making mountains out of molehills. A look at our media will clearly tell you that--a hurricane plows through the north-eastern part of the continent and every other inch of the states reports on it like there's no other news in the whole world.

Excuse me, but how dare you speak of Hurricane Sandy like that? Do you realize how many people lost their homes and other belongings because of that storm? And how many people died? This hurricane was far worse than even Katrina because up in the northeast, people aren't as prepared for storms like these, especially when they merge with a god damn blizzard. Why? They're very rare way up there because of how cold it gets. So there was a lot more damage, a lot more people affected.

The news had every RIGHT to make this a huge thing. Yeah, some people are overreacting about FE: Awakening, but Hurricane Sandy is FAR different.

Edited by Anacybele

Evening or noon? My text just said PM, so I assume noon. Ya know what, this timing is ridiculously perfect for me. Friday was the earliest day I could pick it up (busy schedule) AND I get out of work at 12pm, tomorrow. So happy!

Excuse me, but how dare you speak of Hurricane Sandy like that? Do you realize how many people lost their homes and other belongings because of that storm? And how many people died? This hurricane was far worse than even Katrina because up in the northeast, people aren't as prepared for storms like these, especially when they merge with a god damn blizzard. Why? They're very rare way up there because of how cold it gets. So there was a lot more damage, a lot more people affected.

The news had every RIGHT to make this a huge thing. Yeah, some people are overreacting about FE: Awakening, but Hurricane Sandy is FAR different.

Sorry. ._. What I meant to say was that we go on about events like that for months -afterward.- Perhaps using another event would have been better example, but I couldn't remember any of the recent ridiculous ones. Doesn't have to be hurricanes either. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would report on other news too.

*goes to remove her last post*

Edited by MagicLeafy

Sorry. ._. What I meant to say was that we go on about events like that for months -afterward.- Perhaps using another event would have been better example, but I couldn't remember any of the recent ridiculous ones. Doesn't have to be hurricanes either. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would report on other news too.

Oh, I see. My mistake then. I was just annoyed because I have a friend whose sister lives in New York and I wanted to be there for him while he was concerned for her safety. Plus, I was worried it would slam Pennsylvania too, where I'm from. But I understand where you're coming from.

Evening or noon? My text just said PM, so I assume noon. Ya know what, this timing is ridiculously perfect for me. Friday was the earliest day I could pick it up (busy schedule) AND I get out of work at 12pm, tomorrow. So happy!

Whenever they unpack their shipments. From my understanding, Gamestop has a contract agreement with UPS or Fedex or whoever delivers their stuff that it has to be there by noon (barring obvious hazards and disasters), so I'd assume an hour or two after that it'd be good to go. Could probably get there right after they get it and have them unbox it on the spot, too.

No, I have to agree with how much you guys, not overreact, but are probably unnecessarily loud about your natural disasters, and how it spills over to the worldwide media. Where I lived, Hurricane Sandy was getting a report every hour here in Australia, on every news outlet, which is sometimes more than we get for our own natural disasters. But the knowledge of natural disasters isn't reciprocated. I don't know many Americans who know about the Black Saturday bushfires (173 dead, 414 injured, 1.1 million acres burnt to the ground, 5 towns were literally burnt from existence, and another 8 just teetering on the brink of continued existence.) or the Queensland Floods (Where literally 2/3rds of the state was underwater at one point due to flooding, and because of the scope, insurance companies were finding any excuse they could not to pay people insurance payouts for the damage to their property) or the current flooding in Queensland, or the recent bushfires in Tasmania (Where a whole peninsula was cut off from the rest of the state by a wall of fire, another town wiped off the map, and people had to be evacuated by sea.)

Perhaps it just hits a nerve of mine, as I was trapped in a flooding house in the Queensland floods, and the only reason my friends in the US knew the state was even flooding was because I was on the computer talking to them as I got the call to evacuate. And perhaps it's just the fault of Australian media. But it doesn't seem fair at all to me, that when a US major event happens, it takes precedence over our own local disaster zones.

I have a friend in New York so I was pretty concerned for her too, during the whole thing. She seemed to be one of the more lucky ones, thankfully. But yeah, the point wasn't really about Hurricane Sandy, but rather that the news stations all seem to focus on that one story and keep it going for long after the event finished. Which I suppose makes sense for natural disasters, but things like a Hollywood star's death? Does not need to be dragged out for six months.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

That was what mine said too, lol. Guess they don't know when their shipments are coming in. We're going to assume around noon to two Oclock and drop by for a visit.

EDIT:

No, I have to agree with how much you guys, not overreact, but are probably unnecessarily loud about your natural disasters, and how it spills over to the worldwide media. Where I lived, Hurricane Sandy was getting a report every hour here in Australia, on every news outlet, which is sometimes more than we get for our own natural disasters. But the knowledge of natural disasters isn't reciprocated. I don't know many Americans who know about the Black Saturday bushfires (173 dead, 414 injured, 1.1 million acres burnt to the ground, 5 towns were literally burnt from existence, and another 8 just teetering on the brink of continued existence.) or the Queensland Floods (Where literally 2/3rds of the state was underwater at one point due to flooding, and because of the scope, insurance companies were finding any excuse they could not to pay people insurance payouts for the damage to their property) or the current flooding in Queensland, or the recent bushfires in Tasmania (Where a whole peninsula was cut off from the rest of the state by a wall of fire, another town wiped off the map, and people had to be evacuated by sea.)

We get daily updates, I think. I'm not a news watcher but my mom has mentioned both of those to me lately. But I assure you we don't cover it with that much depth. >> Even though it's just as bad as what happened here.

But yes, we are horrible over reactors. When terrorists struck Brittan a while back I was very amazed at how calmly they were handling things.

Edited by MagicLeafy

Wheels, I had no idea about any of that. That news of our natural disasters spread all over the world like that, I mean. That is pretty unfair to you guys. The news media does seem to overreact, I guess.

But anyway, I try my best not to overreact to stuff or act paranoid, but sometimes it's a little difficult for me. I did get pretty worried about Awakening, but not so much that I felt sick or something. xP

Mine just came in. Quick question, I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but:

Can I use my Australian charger just fine? The end fits the socket, but does the american console itself run on a different voltage?

I'm pretty sure it's fine, but I'm just asking. Don't want to have anything exploding.

Yeah, the charger should be fine.

My bundle's in Cincinnati ATM. My google fu shows me that every parcel in Cincinnati will be delivered in every major city on Monday AU time if it's in Cincinnati Friday US time. I'm not in a major city, so I'll add a day or two to that (Although, the closest DHL International Express place is an hour and a half away, and that place is probably an hour's flight from Melbourne, so might arrive Monday)