For those that preordered the bundle

LeThiAnh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered in store at Gamestop, but I have yet to receive a call.

I have yet to receive a call myself, so I have no idea. I'd call the Gamestop I preordered my bundle at, but I'm not exactly sure which one on the list it is. There's more than one on the street it's on. >_<

My Gamestop online order went from being cancellable to not being cancellable back to cancellable. I don't know what to make of it.

Gamestop is effing stupid.

I'm doing the trade retroactively to get the data transfer first, which they say is okay as long as I keep the receipt.

Japanese DLC game data can be transfered!? =o

I guess regional lock doesn't apply through wifi.

Edited by Katarina

hmmm...all this discussion about trade-ins makes me wonder how much I can get in credit for trading in my old DSLite.

There's also that game I don't want; even if it's only five dollars in credit, every little bit counts. >>

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD IT'S HERE!! :D Best thing to wake up to ever! Took it out of the package, but I have to eat breakfast before I unbox it. Kinda wobbly right now, need food... I don't want to drop it! x3

Guuuuys the wait is so worth it for the bundle! So much excitement. :D

I know one thing: This is the last time I'm getting something from gamestop on release day. <_< Having to wait this long to get something I preordered while everyone else seems to be getting it in earlier is ridiculous.

To be fair, this was Nintendo's screw up, not Gamestop's. Even Amazon has been delayed horridly by it. Though I still don't suggest buying from Gamestop unless they have some exclusive (bundle, art book, etc) that you cannot get elsewhere.

To be fair, this was Nintendo's screw up, not Gamestop's. Even Amazon has been delayed horridly by it. Though I still don't suggest buying from Gamestop unless they have some exclusive (bundle, art book, etc) that you cannot get elsewhere.

I know, but it is kind of stupid that other stores have gotten their stocks in by now while my store seems to be locked on "To be determined." -_-

Thing is, it's easier to find some games at GameStop than it is at other places because they also deal in used stuff. I was able to buy used GC and GBA games there and all for the longest time while no other place sold them anymore.

What they ACTUALLY need to do is be stricter about their buy-back policy. They need to prevent people from selling them used games that don't work properly. Because that's not only ripping off GameStop, it's not fair to the other people that later buy them and find they wasted their money. They need a rule that all games being sold to them must be checked thoroughly for playability issues. If the game simply does not work well enough to be played through, the store will not buy it.

That's what GameStop needs to start enforcing. Otherwise, I think they are a good company that usually satisfies their customers.

Edited by Anacybele

I think my patience is just starting to run thin. I have a mission trip Saturday and I'm banking on actually having the game when that day comes, so that I'll have something to do on that two hour bus ride.

and I would like to have my game at least a day or so before then, but from the looks of it, unless gamestop forgot to call me I'll be waiting until tomorrow. -_-

Thing is, it's easier to find some games at GameStop than it is at other places because they also deal in used stuff. I was able to buy used GC and GBA games there and all for the longest time while no other place sold them anymore.

What they ACTUALLY need to do is be stricter about their buy-back policy. They need to prevent people from selling them used games that don't work properly. Because that's not only ripping off GameStop, it's not fair to the other people that later buy them and find they wasted their money. They need a rule that all games being sold to them must be checked thoroughly for playability issues. If the game simply does not work well enough to be played through, the store will not buy it.

That's what GameStop needs to start enforcing. Otherwise, I think they are a good company that usually satisfies their customers.

I agree. Luckily, when I bought my used copy of Twilight Princess, and I couldn't get past the part where you leave the starting town for the first time, I had placed my receipt in the box with the game. Went back, complained, they asked me to demonstrate on their Wii they had for demos. I did, and got a replacement copy since I had the receipt.

They're also where I got all but one of my Fire Emblem games. (I got Sacred Stones as a birthday gift)

Just wish mine would call me to tell me my 3DS was in...

I agree. Luckily, when I bought my used copy of Twilight Princess, and I couldn't get past the part where you leave the starting town for the first time, I had placed my receipt in the box with the game. Went back, complained, they asked me to demonstrate on their Wii they had for demos. I did, and got a replacement copy since I had the receipt.

They're also where I got all but one of my Fire Emblem games. (I got Sacred Stones as a birthday gift)

Just wish mine would call me to tell me my 3DS was in...

Yeah, same here. My Radiant Dawn copy was actually bought brand new, but the rest came used from GameStop. I USED to have a used copy of RD, but after a while, it quit working right. This was like a year and a half or so after I bought it though. Luckily for me, I found a brand new copy at my local Walmart. It was the only one they had.

Good that GameStop replaced your copy of TP.

And yeah, I really want my bundle too. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

If you have a GBA or DS, I recommend Zelda: The Minish Cap. It's one of the best games ever, imo. It's kind of short and easy too, so yeah. I could probably beat it in half a day if I speedran it.

Also, on second thought, I might be able to get my mom to drive me instead. She only has class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so yeah. I'll ask her when she gets home from work later.

I also got the text from mine saying it's coming tomorrow afternoon! :D -so excited for my first 3DS-

The wait for it to charge will be painful. Anyone know of a game I could speedrun in that time?

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I also got the text from mine saying it's coming tomorrow afternoon! :D -so excited for my first 3DS-

This~

Looking to trade in a couple of DS games and a DSLite to reduce the price. Normally I don't trade in games or consoles but seeing as how I have a DSi and a DSiXL I don't think I really need the DSLite anymore.

And I never really wanted Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (got it for free with another game) and Gamestop is supposedly doing a two game trade in deal, to get an extra 10% off. (I can use all the money off of it I can get.)

Edited by MagicLeafy

Japanese DLC game data can be transfered!? =o

I guess regional lock doesn't apply through wifi.

No. My regular 3DS data - all those Ambassador games, and other awesome downloaded stuff like Crashmo and NSMB2.

This~

Looking to trade in a couple of DS games and a DSLite to reduce the price. Normally I don't trade in games or consoles but seeing as how I have a DSi and a DSiXL I don't think I really need the DSLite anymore.

And I never really wanted Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (got it for free with another game) and Gamestop is supposedly doing a two game trade in deal, to get an extra 10% off. (Which will be 20$ and I can use all the money off of it I can get.)

How much is the trade-in credit for a DS Lite, if you don't mind me asking?

This~

And I never really wanted Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (got it for free with another game) and Gamestop is supposedly doing a two game trade in deal, to get an extra 10% off. (Which will be 20$ and I can use all the money off of it I can get.)

You're lucky if GameStop gives you 5 dollars...

GameStop gives discounts if you have a power up card or whatever it's called. I get discounts all the time. I got one on my copy of FE: Awakening, in fact.

Don't those cost money, though?

How much is the trade-in credit for a DS Lite, if you don't mind me asking?

I honestly have no clue. I'm hoping at least 20 dollars lol. I'll be willing to let you know when I find out though, if you really want to know.