Galeforce Vs. Counter (skills)

Peckingbird

This will probably decide whether I choose a male or female Mu.

I also intend to get the Lifetaker skill, if that makes a difference.

Sorry if this thread already exists, I've been watching this board for several months now (mostly as a guest) and can't recall a thread on this topic.

Galeforce is pretty much the best combat skill in the game(things like Veteran and the Rallys could be considered better, but not what we're going for here). Especially for MU, who shouldn't have any difficulties getting KOs to proc it with.

Galeforce is amazing. It's a full refresh as if you've just been danced for. Counter has uses but it's way more devastating as an enemy skill than a player skill because it requires you to take a hit, and if you don't get hit hard then the counter is not useful at all.

Edited by Samias

Yeah pretty much the same as everyone here with Galeforce.

Counter is somewhat useful. It's a considerable skill to pass down to Female children. Personally I like Wrath to pass down if I can.

Counter's use depends on how much damage you're taking and how much you need that extra damage. Galeforce's use depends on how often you're killing enemies and how far ahead you can get away with rushing into their ranks.

So for the player, Galeforce is typically much better, with Counter only offering competition when fighting extremely tough foes; for the enemy, Counter is simply the best skill and Galeforce is worthless.

Would putting counter on a archer/sniper or a healer also be bad? Feels like it could be somewhat useful there to me, or?

"Edit"

Lol suddenly thought: what if you combine miracle and counter? And also what would happen in this case if hit by lethality?

Edited by Deshiva

No, because healers and archers don't get attacked in melee, because you're playing the game and don't let that happen.

Edited by Othin

Theorizing here, but...

An Archer or healer wouldn't have the HP or Def. to survive, and a Sniper shouldn't be in close range anyway, they can't even attack back against any close-range moves, which are the attacks Countered (right?).

And Miracle wouldn't work since it seems like it would hit back for the amount of damage dealt, and if Miracle reduces damage to the point of dealing little to none that neuters the ability's damage.

On the subject of abilities only male characters can pass or obtain, wouldn't Wrath, Rally Strength, or Axefaire be better? Increasing crit., or boosting Str. passively or actively sounds pretty nice. Allowing a War Monk/Cleric, Hero, or Wyvern family class more axe power, or maybe just adding Str. to the list of Rallies a character has seems quite effective.

1360185934[/url]' post='2275426']

No, because healers and archers don't get attacked in melee, because you're playing the game and don't let that happen.

They will on streetpass when im not controlling them

@xaltago

Counter isn't a physical attack made by the character, it's more like reflecting damage caused back to the opponent. Hence it means archers that normally cannot damage anyone up close would atleast reflect some of the damage caused to them.And miracle AFAIK only changes damage that would kill to leave at 1 hp. Meaning if archer has 50 hp and is hit for 60 miracle would put his hp at 1 if it procs.Question becomes if miracle proc would mean counter deals damage proportional to the damage actually suffered or if miracle would reduce it a bit.

Edited by Deshiva