Paralogue 4: The Secret Seller

Edit: You said "never' not "ever" so to be clear, you need to talk to Anna in Paralogue 4 to recruit her. There is no other way to do it.

Edited by Hawkeye

She can still hold her own for long enough to get there normally. Surviving the first couple of turns with a full team deployed was the hard part for me because I didn't have enough not-chump units and the layout of the start position is really awkward.

Also after you talk to her you still have to beat the map, so it's not like it really saves you anything to rescue her imo.

If Chrom gets injured and Anna is the only healer near by, she will come to you and heal you, which gives you the chance to talk to her and recruit her. If you don't talk to her during this Paralogue, then you can't get her.

It's also a pain to retrieve all of the treasure if you just have Gaius with you and if you don't recruit Anna to open some doors and chests.

Edited by Kaze_Ninja17

When I played this chapter, Anna just ran away from Chrom until every enemy except the boss was cleared out. >.> I still hadn't collected any of the chests at that point, so I had to lead the boss around in circles while Gaius and Anna made their way to the treasure chests.

Anna is very not-frail. She survived several turns before I got there.

Also, as a general rule of thumb for recruiting, get Chrom an A or S level support with a Pegasus Knight ASAP. The ChromBomb airdrop is the most effective way I've found to recruit or protect some of the more awkward goals (Paralogues 3, 4, 8 and 9)

Rescuing Anna is not about her durability. It is for ease of looting and having her on your team. She holds her own quite well but has a tendency to run around all over the place, so the rescue just makes it easy for Chrom to waltz over and chat.