Question: Is there an inheritance guide yet?

Kesmar

Hello, I was wondering if there is any guide written yet that explains all this inheritance stuff, explains which parents are good for which children or not and why, helps explain what skills are good for which kids. I have gathered as much that: 1. kids will inherit the skill in the 5th slot of a parent's skills (I don't know if they inherit from both parents or just one though?) and 2. Kids will inherit the class re spec options of the (both?) parent.

I'm on Chapter 9, Hard (Classic). I have Chrom with an S rank with Sumia already, no other S ranks yet. I have not done any class changing yet, except for Lissa who is a level 1 War Cleric (because healers are so easy to level). I'm kind of worried that I should be doing class changing now so I don't mess everything up, but I don't know what skills I need because I honestly have no idea what skills are good for whom.

Yeah, that answers my question of weather they inherit from both parents or just one thanks. Though still, I don't know what skills are really good on whom or anything and that doesn't give any recommendations like "Skill X is really good on Kid B because of Y" which is kind of the guide I'm looking for I guess.

Yeah, that answers my question of weather they inherit from both parents or just one thanks. Though still, I don't know what skills are really good on whom or anything and that doesn't give any recommendations like "Skill X is really good on Kid B because of Y" which is kind of the guide I'm looking for I guess.

The inherit the bottom skill of both parents. So if MU and Sumia get married and they have the skills

MU

Ignis

Veteran

Zeal

Vantage

Rally Spectrum

Sumia

Rally Movement

Relief

Speed +2

Lance Expert

Galeforce

Then Morgan and Cynthia will both inherit Galeforce and Rally Spectrum. This is determined when you enter the paralogue to get the child and not when you form the S level support.

All in all though, I wouldn't worry about it on your first playthrough. Get a look at all of the characters firsthand and then decide whether you want them to focus on healing, magic, strength, speed, or whatever and then do your optimizing playthrough later.