Implications of Supports

I can't attest to having unlocked very many supports, but I was thinking about some...Details... In a few of them.

Like, ChromxSumia deeefinitely involves Sumia showing her attraction for Chrom, but what if one or both of them are already married?

And Mariabelle's man-screening process for suitors to Lissa, that seems unnecessary should Lissa already be married.

And Nowi mentions to Avatar that she can hardly remember anything from her thousand years of living, so if she married someone and they died 50 years later, would Nowi just completely forget them and go on to marry someone else?

And maybe this is just me, but it seems Chrom is awful poor despite having considered (but of course refusing) to wager the royal treasuries. [Why is this line bolded?]

Just putting this here:

This might just be me, but has anyone else notice that a lot of supports come off quite wierdly if you've already S supported a character? I mean, some supports aren't romantic at all C-A rank, but others have characters making gestures or lines that could easily be construed as romantic.

I mean, take Liz/Ronku, Serge/Ronku, Olivia/Gaia, Miriel/Callum or Olivia/Henry . If you did up to their A supports (in some cases even just the C supports), you'd be raising some eyebrows if any of the characters involved were already married.

Any thoughts?

Olivia/Gaia

you'd be raising some eyebrows if any of the characters involved were already married.

Any thoughts?

"Why aren't you sharing the cake with the rest of my family?"

Not to slander your waifu, but Olivia's supports really do tend towards the inappropriately romantic.

Gaia tries to buy her love with sweets, she spends all her time trying to make Henry smile and that whole thing with Lon'qu...

...Helping another man learn how to use his sword right is not the thing a married woman should spend her time doing.

oh god that was a terrible joke i am so sorry

That was so bad, it was good.

No need to spare my feelings. I know it was just terrible.

But anyhow, I'm just a tad disappointed about the whole thing. I mean, I know that trying to balance 500 or so support conversations so that they all make sense no matter what order you do them in would be an impossible task, but I can't help but be somewhat annoyed by it despite that knowledge.

Ah well. It's not like any of them are HUGELY romantic. They're just a bit more uncomfortable and have a bit more subtext than I might like. And it not's like it isn't easy to avoid them. Just don't double people up if you don't have to.

Just like it said there... having that many supports and having no limits except on the singular S for marriage makes it an impossible task to NOT have anything sound at least a little bit off.

Just like how in Sumia's support with Cynthia, she calls her father simply "Chrom" when she talks to Sumia about him in her C support with her if he happens to have married Sumia like in my file.

Being a believer that love relationships and normal friendships are two cmpletely different concepts, the whole "S support = marriage" thing seems off to me. Should've maintained normal, no-relationship-involved supports (like FE9) while keeping the marriage system seperate. Maybe like a second set of support conversations, but only for lovers. But it would then complicate both the game itself and the process of collecting all conversations.

Actually, forget about the marriage system and switch back to GBA-like supports (people are either already in a relationship, or don't start one until after the war). Not a fan of seeing FE14 becoming Ribald Tales of the Faith War III, unless that one's an FE4 remake.