The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Got FE13 on friday, beat lunatic on sunday. I´m currently playing lunatic+ and I´m curious to learn how to play that mode without grinding. Prologue and Chapter 1 were fairly "easy" (I didn´t even grinded MU, big mistake), chapter 2 was the pure hell though. Now I´m on chapter 5 and have lost patience and spirit. I´m just grinding everyone at the DLC chapters, building supports and buying overpowered stuff by the Spotpass teams. L+ kind of forced me to do so (even though it´s more like i´m unexperienced), as it doesn´t seem to me to be a mode of strategy and a wide team that is supposed to counter specific formations of enemies but of a grinding contest to see how overpowered your team needs to be. It isn´t really a Fire Emblem game in that way.

But as I said, I´m looking forward to read/watch a well-thought game log of that.

Walhart is currently running a no grind Lunatic+ with other restrictions log at http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38195

where he's beaten up to and including chapter 9. It's also got some of my thoughts and logs (although they're a lot skimpier than Walhart's) on my run in there, which used similar rules and where I also mostly used a full army.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game mode has completely changed my playstyle. I ended up sacrificing Stahl, Sully and Virion just to get through chapter 2. Normally I would go back but after all the pain I went through to finally complete that map I just couldn't bear resetting again.

Lunatic+ is going to be hell.

This game mode has completely changed my playstyle. I ended up sacrificing Stahl, Sully and Virion just to get through chapter 2. Normally I would go back but after all the pain I went through to finally complete that map I just couldn't bear resetting again.

Lunatic+ is going to be hell.

I managed to beat Lunatic+ without anybody dying, but I had to play so scrubby and abuse the game's mechanics making the run not fun at all. Sorceror FemMU, Chrom, MU!Lucina and Chrom!Morgan were the only characters who had over 100 battles.

So nobody has beaten L+ without grinding/DLC/Streetpass/Spotpass? Not that it would surprise me.

No, several people have done it.

Not me, though (got stuck at Ch 5 my last attempt). Started up another run today and was about to take out the last nonboss enemy, Hawkeye/Luna+ Hammertime, with Frederick's Silver Lance (86% disp hit, 96% true hit). Needless to say, it missed. Oh well.

Edited by Redwall

I'm about to either start grinding or start drinking. The last few chapters have been impossible to train people on, because either I get rushed with no safe place to stash people, or I'm given some jerkface that I need to protect. Still stuck with using Lon'qu/Avatar at Ch12, and that combo is going to be running out of gas soon.

Which is a bummer, since I reclassed Gregor to Barbarian, and I'm trying to get him to a point where I can promote to Warrior.

I'm about to either start grinding or start drinking. The last few chapters have been impossible to train people on, because either I get rushed with no safe place to stash people, or I'm given some jerkface that I need to protect. Still stuck with using Lon'qu/Avatar at Ch12, and that combo is going to be running out of gas soon.

Which is a bummer, since I reclassed Gregor to Barbarian, and I'm trying to get him to a point where I can promote to Warrior.

If Avatar is getting enough, she'll be able to keep going for a while yet (face tanking is quite a bit more risky once enemies are all promoted), but I'm afraid the whole training opportunity thing won't get much better. 13 likes its zerg rush and 14 has the Pegs (although if you can off them and then face tank, you can probably train a bit there) and 16 has more Pegs and Falcons. 15 is probably the only upcoming one where it's relatively easy to set up a training scenario.

Also, it's not always worth saving the scrubs on this mode. If you're not going to use them, don't be afraid to let them die. When I did my run, I murdered Tharja when she tried to get in the way. >.>

Well, I read that tread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38158&hl=

As no one answered I supposed it is nearly impossible.

I replied to your query here with post #1101. In the thread I linked, see post #31 for the logs from my successful run.

If Avatar is getting enough, she'll be able to keep going for a while yet (face tanking is quite a bit more risky once enemies are all promoted), but I'm afraid the whole training opportunity thing won't get much better. 13 likes its zerg rush and 14 has the Pegs (although if you can off them and then face tank, you can probably train a bit there) and 16 has more Pegs and Falcons. 15 is probably the only upcoming one where it's relatively easy to set up a training scenario.

Also, it's not always worth saving the scrubs on this mode. If you're not going to use them, don't be afraid to let them die. When I did my run, I murdered Tharja when she tried to get in the way. >.>

Femvatar is at 28 DEF and ~79 listed avoid at 12.53 Bow Knight... not looking forward to the promoted enemy spam, that'll be when the party ends, since Lon'qu is nowhere near that, and third place probably gets ORKO'ed. At least he almost has Pass, which is probably going to be sneaky good since he can get bracketed easily when he's alone.

I'll let scrubs die if I have to (Donnel already perished), though I didn't have that option for Emm or Olivia. Ch7 and Ch8 were the only ones other than Paralogues where I actually had a free hand. I'll grind if I need, we'll see how long I can drag it out. I know what the mistakes I made were, for next time.

took me a week to beat hard mode, now I begin lunatic. honestly, this is my first serious attempt at anything this hard in FE, but I just hope it gets me into the right mindset for lunatic+

Well, I've solved my Cordelia problem.

Even though Ch12 is a rush map, I managed to get some training done on it. There's a spot just to the northwest of the starting zone that has a small 2x1 alleyway where Lon'qu/Cordelia and Avatar/Chrom can fight back-to-back and each only face one 1-range enemy at a time. Between the Blessed Bow and infinite Convoy access for healing items, this was easy even against the promoted units. I handled Cherche by pairing her with Frederick (for +1 MV), and flying her out over the water where nothing could reach. This only involved having to take one hit from a Knight, which is 100% reliable (could have unequipped her if he had Counter). Cordelia got a lot of secondary EXP, and then once I had whittled things down a bit, I had her take flight and get some kills of her own.

Then I went back to Paralogue 4 to pick up Anna, which quickly devolved into a running battle, since the enemies start right on your nuts (MAG tonic let Lissa Rescue Anna safely). Once I cleared the initial wave, though, I fed a lot of the remaining kills into Cordelia. Even managed to kill the Thief before he made off with the Arms Scroll, although it involved boxing him out.

Ch13 was next, which I thought would be a nightmare, but was actually extremely lucrative as a training ground. The trick was to rush the right-hand cliff and keep someone on the fort to prevent reinforcements from coming in. The ramp to get up is only 1 space wide (easy to block it off and feed people kills), and one or two units could easily handle whatever leaked in from the top. Pass ended up being extremely useful here, as it let Lon'qu basically do whatever the eff he wanted in terms of roaming around and picking up kills. Cordelia hit level 20, so I promoted her to Dark Flier, pulled a tome out of the convoy, and ended up getting her to level 5 before I ran out of things to kill. I'm going to keep her with Henry, since he gives her basically all that she needs stat-wise.

And now Morgan is here. I just got a Longbow for him, so it looks like Sniper Time™... after I run Ch13 again, since I accidentally passed Bowbreaker down to Lucina. -_-

I didnt grind on my L+ run.

you must be very skilled.

Femvatar is at 28 DEF and ~79 listed avoid at 12.53 Bow Knight... not looking forward to the promoted enemy spam, that'll be when the party ends, since Lon'qu is nowhere near that, and third place probably gets ORKO'ed. At least he almost has Pass, which is probably going to be sneaky good since he can get bracketed easily when he's alone.

I'll let scrubs die if I have to (Donnel already perished), though I didn't have that option for Emm or Olivia. Ch7 and Ch8 were the only ones other than Paralogues where I actually had a free hand. I'll grind if I need, we'll see how long I can drag it out. I know what the mistakes I made were, for next time.

Donnel is a scrub? lol. Edited by Red Fox of Fire
Double post

He's completely garbage in Lunatic; in Lunatic+ he's hot reeking garbage. Not worth the effort that it takes to recruit him, never mind training him.

I completely failed to train him in hard mode. and since I'm planning to go through lunatic with as many units I haven't used yet as possible... oh boy.

If you want to use Donnel in Lunatic, grind. It's your only choice. Even if you typically dislike grinding, just save yourself the pain and grind him up to 10 on Mist.

huh

won't that take forever, given the 1 xp per battle thing

I didnt grind on my L+ run.

how many times did you reset for less stupid enemy skill combos though :P:

Edited by shadykid

huh

won't that take forever, given the 1 xp per battle thing

What

That seriously isn't how much exp someone actually gets in Lunatic(or higher), right?

What

That seriously isn't how much exp someone actually gets in Lunatic(or higher), right?

only for spotpass/risen battles (since RFoF brought up using Mist's spotpass team)

regular stuff and DLC is normal (although there is some boss xp decay or something, dunno how that works)

Edited by shadykid

only for spotpass/risen battles (since RFoF brought up using Mist's spotpass team)

regular stuff and DLC is normal (although there is some boss xp decay or something, dunno how that works)

Risen battles give normal exp.

It's just the Streetpass/Spotpass ones that give no weapon EXP and 1 EXP per battle.

Boss abuse/enemy exp abuse is shot. Somehow it detects that you're abusing EXP off them... even if they're attacking back.