The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Actually I couldn't do this since I haven't so many solid units. But I have beat this chapter in two turns, three seemed impossible.

I also used the paralogue with Kjelle to give Morgan some level up, his stats are freakin' awesome now. And I beat chapter 20 at turn 5 since I was forced to kill Walhart because the reinforcements and the Generals were too close, I couldn't open the 3 chests :/ (but I get the spirit dust). Now Chapter 21 give me some headaches with these fioafjzeojezognzeon swordmasters (39 speed crap).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Ch.21 it's best if you take as few units as possible, and just rush it. Tome users are in danger because of mire sorcerers+ Tomebreaker, and low AVO/RES units too.

By the way reinforcements appear from the outer stairs starting from turn 2, nonstop. A sorcerer,assassin,swordmaster and berserker appear from the first set of 4 stairs on turn 4. Same on the second set of stairs on turn 5. And again from the two separate set of stairs at the bottom. Then the cycle repeats one more time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advices, actually the first set of reinforcements from the 4 stairs appear on turn 5 and the second on turn 6 (and turn 7 on hard mode, I restart once because of this :/ ). Anyway I beat the chapter with all the chests opened this time (thanks to rescue).

Wow, silly me I had it written as turn 5 and 6 respectively but the page refreshed and it got all erased and then I made that mistake D:. I have it carved on memory that is turn 5 and 6 because I got asdfgadsurprisereinforcements a lot on that chapter.

Enjoy ch.22 it's a breather but 23....

All right, after about a million attempts, I finally beat Ch 5 on Lunatic+. Gonna see how long I can go before dipping into any Renown awards/Anna shops/etc. just because I'm old-fashioned/stubborn. Though it probably won't be long since Ch 6 looks like a pain, and since Avatar has reached her level cap. I never expected to ever say this outside of a LTC setting: I wish Fred got more kills.

Ch 2 with a +Def Avatar was easier than I thought it would be, certainly much easier than Ch 5; with only two points of Def from base, Avatar was durable enough to take a sufficient amount of pressure off Fred.

All right, after about a million attempts, I finally beat Ch 5 on Lunatic+. Gonna see how long I can go before dipping into any Renown awards/Anna shops/etc. just because I'm old-fashioned/stubborn. Though it probably won't be long since Ch 6 looks like a pain, and since Avatar has reached her level cap. I never expected to ever say this outside of a LTC setting: I wish Fred got more kills.

Ch 2 with a +Def Avatar was easier than I thought it would be, certainly much easier than Ch 5; with only two points of Def from base, Avatar was durable enough to take a sufficient amount of pressure off Fred.

You should at least allow yourself to use the Second Seal. Chapter 6 is absolutely going to be a nightmare if you don't have at least a couple of viable combatants.

I recommend using Anna merchants or the second seal for you but you might want to impose a penalty if you choose the latter (for example, buy 2500 worth of iron swords etc. and discard them all), but you should still be fine with only one good fighter as long as you utilize Fred properly.

Edited by Walhart

How on earth do you deal with the crush of enemies in Ch6 if all that you have is Frederick as a fighter? You can turtle up in the Emm room to some extent, but only if you can remove the threat of Thieves opening the southern door.

How on earth do you deal with the crush of enemies in Ch6 if all that you have is Frederick as a fighter? You can turtle up in the Emm room to some extent, but only if you can remove the threat of Thieves opening the southern door.

No I should have been more clear about that, I meant one good fighter in addition to Fred. If Chrom is the person in question he can fight the left side of the map (retreating as necessary), but if he isn't you can just have your avatar or whoever you trained help him out. Meanwhile, Fred can plug up the hole in the center and try to kill as many people as possible with the javelin/whatever ranged weapon. He can then move to the right side and deal with the enemies there. Granted, you need some luck to prevent Marth from dying too early and the situation is far from ideal, but it is still possible. Fred being able to OHKO thieves with a good weapon and a decent pair up partner (not to mention strength tonics if necessary) goes a long way towards preventing the door from being opened, but you still have to watch out with people with pass (and counter, of course, but that is nothing new).

Chrom is about to hit Lv 9, Lon'qu is Lv 9, and Fred is Lv 4.50. Probably not gonna get back to my playthrough for a while, but yeah, I might want to first hit up Paralogue 2 since Pass and Counter look nasty for Ch 6. I don't expect to get the Physic staff (it looks pretty unlikely with an earlygame team), but I figure it's worth ditching the Physic staff if feeding EXP to Chrom and Lon'qu saves me a ton of resets on Ch 6.

Chrom is about to hit Lv 9, Lon'qu is Lv 9, and Fred is Lv 4.50. Probably not gonna get back to my playthrough for a while, but yeah, I might want to first hit up Paralogue 2 since Pass and Counter look nasty for Ch 6. I don't expect to get the Physic staff (it looks pretty unlikely with an earlygame team), but I figure it's worth ditching the Physic staff if feeding EXP to Chrom and Lon'qu saves me a ton of resets on Ch 6.

Sumia has a pretty good chance of reaching the village as long as Anna doesn't explode her own face. I paired her with Fred and charged straight for it, swapping to Fred once I was in range of the Archers. The Barbarians on that side of the map will ignore everyone in favour of trying to rob the village (although they will attack once it's been visited or robbed). A decently leveled Avatar should be able to take on the guys near the start position with proper support from the other team members.

Or, if I can play the part of the devil sitting on your shoulder, there are 10 Spotpass teams that will sell you a Physic staff for 1800g. It will help to have long-range healing available in Ch6. Just Sayingâ„¢.

Edited by Interceptor

Just beat the last chapter :

- Chapter 23 was the last hard chapter, I was forced to go to the north west of the map after beating Validar the first time, if there was one more wave, I would be totally ambushed.
- Chapter 24 : I throw some power up on Chrom including Naga's tears and solo this chapter with Chrom & MU...

- Chapter 25 : Done in one turn, thanks Anna.

- Final Chapter : Done in one turn, with Lucina X Chrom, Lucina used a forged brave sword and Chrom missed two hits and still, the boss was killed.

But overall, it was a really hard mode, not as hard as FE12 but it was still challenging maybe because I didn't use Veteran for MU after chapter 2 and used only two reclass.

My units are : Chrom, Avatar (of course), Lon'qu, Vaike (I REGRET IT, but his pair up bonus has a Berserker are awesome), Say'ri, Cordelia, Zelcher (a sucky combat unit too but Deliverer), Morgan, Olivia, Lucina, Morgan and the three staffbots : Anna, Lissa and Libra. Is there better units ? I heard about Nowi and Panne but what about the others ?

And thanks everyone for your advices :newyears:

You can definitely pull it off with those levels, especially if your avatar is level 20+. I would suggest sending Chrom and Avatar on the left side, Fred on the middle, and having Lon'Qu clean up the initial axe users on the right before retreating and letting Fred take center stage. Although, it would be much easier if you could get away with switching avatar's and Lon'Qu's roles, so give that a try first.

Just beat the last chapter :

- Chapter 23 was the last hard chapter, I was forced to go to the north west of the map after beating Validar the first time, if there was one more wave, I would be totally ambushed.

- Chapter 24 : I throw some power up on Chrom including Naga's tears and solo this chapter with Chrom & MU...

- Chapter 25 : Done in one turn, thanks Anna.

- Final Chapter : Done in one turn, with Lucina X Chrom, Lucina used a forged brave sword and Chrom missed two hits and still, the boss was killed.

But overall, it was a really hard mode, not as hard as FE12 but it was still challenging maybe because I didn't use Veteran for MU after chapter 2 and used only two reclass.

My units are : Chrom, Avatar (of course), Lon'qu, Vaike (I REGRET IT, but his pair up bonus has a Berserker are awesome), Say'ri, Cordelia, Zelcher (a sucky combat unit too but Deliverer), Morgan, Olivia, Lucina, Morgan and the three staffbots : Anna, Lissa and Libra. Is there better units ? I heard about Nowi and Panne but what about the others ?

And thanks everyone for your advices :newyears:

Congrats!!! Now start lunatic+!!! :Sety:

About the units you mentioned, Panne is GODLIKE because if you reclass her to wyvern rider as soon as she hits 10, she will be destroying everything.

Nowi is great too, but she needs a bit of babying at first( she gets ORKO in her startin chapter by anything thats not a myrm or a darkmage), but if you give her a spd or def (still torn on this, haven't used her on many playthroughs) pair up and some levels, she becomes a great tank that can do 1-2 range damage. Don't expect her to double anything that's not from the knight tree.

Edited by 1% critted

In Lunatic+ maybe, but in regular Lunatic Panne has never failed me. Tiki for me was always lategame support for Anna, which I rarely use. That's just me though.

Panne ranges from so-so to lolsupportbot in Lunatic LTC depending on whether or not she gets the Second Seal, but in briskly-played Lunatic, I've only been disappointed with her in Chs 21 and 23. The other bow/Wind-saturated maps typically have something useful for her to do; for example, she can Hammer the Generals in the corner of Ch 20.

She's not as dependable as the Manaketes, but her movement and high Str are really nice to have. I bring enough Rescue users to bail her out of trouble if need be; it's not a terribly huge problem in brisk play since money is not hard to come by and since you're not likely to use those deployment slots for actual combat units.

And by "Tiki" you mean "Manakete". Because Nah and N.O.W.I. also rock face in Lunatic.

I'm sure Nowi is good (haven't used her in Lunatic), but I don't like the rut she starts in and I found her having doubling trouble even on Hard mode. Nah, well, my biggest problem with her is her Paralogue that is a huge pain unless you have a Mire tome and enough Sorcerers to pass it around.

Tiki's best use is giving her dragonstone+ to Nowi :smug:.

I hope you are joking, because otherwise you have no idea.

Tiki ? But the paralogue was a little too hard for me :/

If a second turn clear is out of reach for you, there's always manipulating the AI into only attacking your best units.

Of couse I'm joking, but I also have no idea. I've never used her in any playthrough, except for support for anna or early dragonstone+. What exactly makes her special, aside from being a Manakete with speed?