The Lunatic Club

Shinori

What would you say are good levels to promote someone? For examlpe: Is lv 17 too early or still ok?

Depends on their stats, really. Lv17 can be alright if it's someone you got at a low level, like Stahl or Sully; however, if you can afford the time at all, it's still better to wait 'till Lv20.

People like Tharja on the other hand, who have rather bad bases for their level, definitely need every level they can get.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh thanks all for the input :)

I already did promote Lissa relatively (15-17 or so) early in my other files (noraml and hard) and it really was an asset that she could attack on her own + i make her Sage so she can get tomfaire :D for the +5 mag.

But why is it not advisable to promote before ch. 13?

And i promoted my Avatar at lv 17 but veteran makes up for this? (i hope so)

And it is advised to pass down Veteran to Lucina, isn't it?

No problem

If Lissa is going to be used as a staff bot then it it shouldn't be a problem and the ability to use tomes/axes is always appreciated

The best inheritance for Lucina is probably veteran aye, quicker level ups is again, always appreciated

Your other questions I can't answer due to lack of knowledge of lunatic, but I'm on chapter 13 right now and there are a fair amount of promoted units so that's probably why it's best not to have un-promoted units. Another reason could be because you can readily buy master seals after chapter 12

Edit: Oops I thought your sentence about Lissa was a question, my bad, misread. I think my point still stands however I know other people second sealed her as soon as she reached level 10 into a troubadour so she could still heal and end up as a sage(or valkyrie if you prefer)
Edited by DodgeDusk

Ahh thanks all for the input :)

I already did promote Lissa relatively (15-17 or so) early in my other files (noraml and hard) and it really was an asset that she could attack on her own + i make her Sage so she can get tomfaire :D for the +5 mag.

But why is it not advisable to promote before ch. 13?

And i promoted my Avatar at lv 17 but veteran makes up for this? (i hope so)

And it is advised to pass down Veteran to Lucina, isn't it?

Before chapter 13 promoted units(save for Fred), aren't all that necessary, and they gain almost no experience. On chapter 13, having most units makes the chapters that follow much easier, and you still gain regular experience.

And yes, Lucina should get Veteran. That is if your avatar doesn't have Galeforce.

Before chapter 13 promoted units(save for Fred), aren't all that necessary, and they gain almost no experience. On chapter 13, having most units makes the chapters that follow much easier, and you still gain regular experience.

And yes, Lucina should get Veteran. That is if your avatar doesn't have Galeforce.

Even, then, I think Veteran's better. I've done separate runs passing either and while Galeforce improves her utility a bit, Veteran just snowballs her into a blender of doom like her mother (and brother).

Just finished Lunatic. My original plan was too use casual for save states but still not finish a chapter with anyone dead. But after accidentally saving over my main hard/classic file on like 14 lost interest and just casual corpse dragged to unlock +.

Before I go too far into + right now, Is + viable for A post game/DLC file(Abusing DLC to grind if need be)? Or is it just something to do to show you can and I should just go back and redo lunatic(For Lunatic, I used a fem avatar[side note, thanks nintendo for leaving in Tharjas creepy obsession and beach conversations as a fem] just for the sake of it since it WAS just a throwaway run but I want my main file to have me)

Edited by Tribute

Just finished Lunatic. But after accidentally saving over my main hard/classic file I casual corpse dragged to unlock +.

Before I go too far into + right now, Is + viable for A post game/DLC file(Abusing DLC to grind if need be)? Or is it just something to do to show you can and I should just go back and redo lunatic(For Lunatic, I used a fem avatar just for the sake of it but I want my main file to have me)

It's certainly possible (it's what I've been doing), but it's probably considerably harder than a Normal mode postgame file.

wtb skip button for ch2

Edit: K done.

I swear the first few levels on lunatic/+ feel more like a bastardization of the yugioh game duel puzzles and jenga. Theres one variation of this turn I make it,now i just have to reset till I find it.

It has a place but I dont miss it.

Edited by Tribute

I suck at this game why am I playing it?

Any suggestions on chapter 16? I can get to turn 5 (the turn with the falcon knight reinforcements) and the reinforcements from turn 4 just overwhelm me and if they don't the falcon knights than spawn do. At the moment I think the only way I'm going to be able to do this is by not deploying a full team and turtle at the island in the south east but I really don't want to do that

Nowi y u no bulky enough?

Edited by DodgeDusk

I've nothing to say, but I usually make my fliers the strongest, so they can take out other fliers.

.. I'm not the best at Lunatic, and the only reason I beat it was because I grinded my units to level 20 at the outrealm gate, and would promote them at chapter 12.

Though, I would go straight for the boss, since Defeat Commander is required.

Again, I would take fliers with you, and promote/train Cherche somewhere so she can use her hammer.

I'm pretty sure you should pray to the RNG Goddess, it would help.

My Cordelia dodged a 90% before.

On chapter 16, you need good offense, and you need to move fast. By turn 5, it's helpful if you have the upper half of the map cleared. Next you need two good tanks. On the middle there are two spaces where you can block the southern reinforcements. The rest of the team will heal the tanks, and deal with the falcos. After the falcos are gone, they can support the tanks. After everything is dead, kill Cervantes.

I've nothing to say, but I usually make my fliers the strongest, so they can take out other fliers.

Though, I would go straight for the boss, since Defeat Commander is required.

Again, I would take fliers with you, and promote/train Cherche somewhere so she can use her hammer.

I'm pretty sure you should pray to the RNG Goddess, it would help.

There's two sniper reinforcements that have longbow so Sumia/Cherche gets creamed

I may have to rescue chain if I want to go straight for the boss. I don't think my team is bulk enough to endure 20 odd enemies without healing. I'm one of those who like to get as much experience as possible though >_>

I have no idea what you mean by using her hammer. There's no armoured units

I'm using the RNG Goddess. I shouldn't need to pray

On chapter 16, you need good offense, and you need to move fast. By turn 5, it's helpful if you have the upper half of the map cleared. Next you need two good tanks. On the middle there are two spaces where you can block the southern reinforcements. The rest of the team will heal the tanks, and deal with the falcos. After the falcos are gone, they can support the tanks. After everything is dead, kill Cervantes.

I've probably taken this the wrong way but you're saying all the initial enemies besides Cerventes should be dead by turn 5? That seems to be a tall order. It takes me 2 turns to clear the first wave of enemies

Edited by DodgeDusk

Sorry, isn't the boss a General?

Mhmm, Cervantes in all his brilliance

Edit: Oh it didn't cross my mind that's what you meant by Cherche's hammer (I'm presuming?). But yeah he doesn't move I don't think (he didn't on hard) and Cherche is already trained. Lucina is only a level 19 lord so I might get as much experience as possible for her

Edited by DodgeDusk

I really wish I knew about the hell that is chapter 16 on any difficulty higher than Hard. Everybody was a 2nd class Lvl 20 and were still getting their asses kicked. Had to abandon my want to rout all for the sake of building supports so I wouldn't die. I blame it on the fact I soloed it with a maxed out MU before to get Lunatic+.

You can have the bottom half cleared in turn 1. You don't have to kill ALL enemies near Cervantes before turn 5, just at the end of it. I'm saying this, in case you want the reinforcement XP. If you don't want that, just do a boss rush, by rescuing, then mage bombing Cervantes.

Okay, I read it takes you 2 turns to take on the first wave. Hmm.. have you completed some of the easier children paralogues? It can save you some trouble on this chapter. Other than that play offensively, if you don't have the levels. I'm going to think of something else later.

Edited by 1% critted

You can have the bottom half cleared in turn 1. You don't have to kill ALL enemies near Cervantes before turn 5, just at the end of it. I'm saying this, in case you want the reinforcement XP. If you don't want that, just do a boss rush, by rescuing, then mage bombing Cervantes.

Okay, I read it takes you 2 turns to take on the first wave. Hmm.. have you completed some of the easier children paralogues? It can save you some trouble on this chapter. Other than that play offensively, if you don't have the levels. I'm going to think of something else later.

I would like as much experience as possible but if it can't be helped then so be it

I've completed Kjelle's paralogue and I can go do Nah's one (lolno) and Cynthia's one is unlocked but I can't reach it. I might grind some of the mothers on dlc so I have more paralogues although I really don't want to

I've bought some tonics and forged some weapons so I'll see how it goes

If I'm struggling here then chapters 19 and 20 is going to be the end of me

Edited by DodgeDusk

If you want basically unlimited time to deal with the glut of enemies in Ch16, use the island on the right-hand side of the map. You'll need to use fliers and Rescue staves to get everyone there, but with Olivia and a couple of staffers you should be able to do it within a Turn or two.

Once you are on this island, there are only two types of enemies that can attack you: fliers, and Longbow guys (but the Longbows can only reach the people on the left). You can use the edge of the map here to wall in your squishy units. Just turtle there until all of the fliers are dead. Once they are toast, you can take out the guys on the ground at your leisure.

I used this strategy in my Lunatic+ run, and it worked pretty well for limiting the amount of enemies I had to face at any given moment.

Edited by Interceptor

Insert text here

I tried that once using a team of 8 (OliviaxLon'qu, FrederickxSumia, Chrom!Lucina, Anna and Lissa) but the sheer accuracy of the fliers/longbow users just turned Lon'qu into dead weight. Sumia couldn't take 3 hits and Chrom suffered from both problems to an extent

The bulkiest unit I have is NowixGregor and even then the falcon knights hurt her because they double

I think I'm going to have to rescue chain to beat this chapter. I'll try a couple of attempts using your strategy using a full team and see what happens

You are in a great deal of trouble if your best units are getting smoked at this point in the game. When Sumia is getting 3HKO'ed by fliers and Nowi is getting doubled, you are too underleveled. The game doesn't get easier from here, it just gets harder. Ch17 is full of promoted enemies, Ch18 is lousy with fliers and harder to turtle on, and Ch19/20 will crush you with reinforcements. Etc.

I'd suggest cutting down your team's size before it's too late. Nowi can take you all the way to

Endgame just by herself if she's trained properly.

You are in a great deal of trouble if your best units are getting smoked at this point in the game. When Sumia is getting 3HKO'ed by fliers and Nowi is getting doubled, you are too underleveled. The game doesn't get easier from here, it just gets harder. Ch17 is full of promoted enemies, Ch18 is lousy with fliers and harder to turtle on, and Ch19/20 will crush you with reinforcements. Etc.

I'd suggest cutting down your team's size before it's too late. Nowi can take you all the way to

Endgame just by herself if she's trained properly.

I'll consider cutting my team down then if I can't make any progress. Chapter 17 I think can be done with patience as long as some of my units are on the stairs. I was dreading 19 and 20 though and from what I read 25 is designed poorly

This is a first time I've heard anybody being under levelled. Do most people not use a full team?

I'll consider cutting my team down then if I can't make any progress. Chapter 17 I think can be done with patience as long as some of my units are on the stairs. I was dreading 19 and 20 though and from what I read 25 is designed poorly

This is a first time I've heard anybody being under levelled. Do most people not use a full team?

Yep. Even though I have never done a Lunatic/No-grind before. I know that your not supposed to use a full team. It's to give more levels to the units who are worth using. (MU, Gregor, Lucina, etc)

If I messed up your question then tell me.