The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I always use a full team, but by that I mean planned pairs of 4 or 3 pairs, and the rest are rallybots and children. I'm always fully deployed.

Yeah I'm not doing that. I have 3 staffbots (sometimes I only deploy 2 if forced to) which may or may not pair up with themselves (except for Anna, she pretty much pairs up with my female Avatar all the time or is left unpaired). When it comes to offensive units each one has a support bot apart from Chrom and Avatar (and hopefully Lucina later on). So roughly I have about 6 or 7 units fighting, if that makes sense

Yep. Even though I have never done a Lunatic/No-grind before. I know that your not supposed to use a full team. It's to give more levels to the units who are worth using. (MU, Gregor, Lucina, etc)

If I messed up your question then tell me.

I know it's easier not to use a fully deployed team (or in the way I do) but that's just the way I am. Like I said though about 1/3 of my deployed units are support bots and thus don't get experience unless they dual strike

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant staffbots not rallybots, my bad.

I don't pair the staffbots, except on chapter 16, because they may need the speed to not be doubled by the falcos. 6 or 7 units is good, but are those units great units? Because that's the point of having few combat units, that they are so good that you don't need more units.

That's why I recommend to either do some of the children paralogues, or boss rush Cervantes. But boss rushing costs you really valuable EXP.

I don't pair the staffbots, except on chapter 16, because they may need the speed to not be doubled by the falcos. 6 or 7 units is good, but are those units great units? Because that's the point of having few combat units, that they are so good that you don't need more units.

That's why I recommend to either do some of the children paralogues, or boss rush Cervantes. But boss rushing costs you really valuable EXP.

Depends if you count CherchexVaike B support, SumiaxFrederick S support, Lon'quxOlivia A support and NowixGregor S support good units, which I think they all are

I think I'm going to grind some of the mothers on DLC or something then, see if I can't get a few level ups on my main units via paraloges. My levels on the offensive units vary between 4-8 besides Chrom who is level 11 and Lucina who is a level 19 lord. The support bots are all promoted also because those little extra boosts couldn't hurt

Edited by DodgeDusk

Depends if you count CherchexVaike B support, SumiaxFrederick S support, Lon'quxOlivia A support and NowixGregor S support good units, which I think they all are

I think I'm going to grind some of the mothers on DLC or something then, see if I can't get a few level ups on my main units via paraloges. My levels on the offensive units vary between 4-8 besides Chrom who is level 11 and Lucina who is a level 19 lord. The support bots are all promoted also because those little extra boosts couldn't hurt

Do you have access to Master Seals? It seems like Lucina could use one.

Do you have access to Master Seals? It seems like Lucina could use one.

Yeah she's got one equipped iirc, but she can kill 2 promoted enemies and then get to level 20 without much trouble. They just got to be weakened first

Yeah she's got one equipped iirc, but she can kill 2 promoted enemies and then get to level 20 without much trouble. They just got to be weakened first

Wouldn't it just be easier to promote her in the preperations screen? You would only miss out on 1 stat in Str, Skill, and Lck. (iirc)

Wouldn't it just be easier to promote her in the preperations screen? You would only miss out on 1 stat in Str, Skill, and Lck. (iirc)

I suppose. I suppose the other units would benefit more from the experience gain from the promoted enemies as well

I know it's easier not to use a fully deployed team (or in the way I do) but that's just the way I am.

Well, this is the reality of Lunatic. Enemy stats are crazy, they use illegal forges, and they get free +10/20 HIT skills, so if you aren't prepared to adjust your playstyle to compensate, you're in for a world of hurt.

Cherche is OK (homeless man's Pannecake), even though that's a weird support for her. Sumia is excellent with a Frederick support. Lon'qu is going to have a lot of problems if you are trying to dodgetank with him, especially with Olivia as his support partner (enemy HIT is high now, and will only get higher as time goes on). NowixGregor is very good, but only if you get her stats to critical mass: she needs to have decent offense and be able to shrug off hits with high DEF/RES, otherwise it doesn't work.

You have the seeds of a good team, but need to focus your EXP a little more unless you feel like being frustrated. I had a strange team in my run, but I was only using about 4-5 units as combatants at this point (Avatar, Gregor, Morgan, Lucina, secondary Miriel).

Edited by Interceptor

You can grind.

Use Lost bloodlines 3 when you outgrow exp farming thing

Edit:

Holy shit Ch3 is countercity

Can i reset it away or will some things always have (ie reset for least bad)

Edited by Tribute

I have no credit card.

Assuming that this is to be taken literally and the only thing stopping you is not having access to a credit/debit card(But you have money/arent a DLCIsEvil Crusader) just go to target and buy a 3ds eshop card or go to the grocery store and buy a visa giftcard (Not 100% if Visa giftcards work, I know I've paid for other things online with em though)

Edited by Tribute

Assuming that this is to be taken literally and the only thing stopping you is not having access to a credit/debit card(But you have money/arent a DLCIsEvil Crusader) just go to target and buy a 3ds eshop card or go to the grocery store and buy a visa giftcard (Not 100% if Visa giftcards work, I know I've paid for other things online with em though)

There are no Targets in Canada.

Also, I don't want my mom to scream at me using her credit card to buy shit on Steam.

Well, this is the reality of Lunatic. Enemy stats are crazy, they use illegal forges, and they get free +10/20 HIT skills, so if you aren't prepared to adjust your playstyle to compensate, you're in for a world of hurt.

Cherche is OK (homeless man's Pannecake), even though that's a weird support for her. Sumia is excellent with a Frederick support. Lon'qu is going to have a lot of problems if you are trying to dodgetank with him, especially with Olivia as his support partner (enemy HIT is high now, and will only get higher as time goes on). NowixGregor is very good, but only if you get her stats to critical mass: she needs to have decent offense and be able to shrug off hits with high DEF/RES, otherwise it doesn't work.

You have the seeds of a good team, but need to focus your EXP a little more unless you feel like being frustrated. I had a strange team in my run, but I was only using about 4-5 units as combatants at this point (Avatar, Gregor, Morgan, Lucina, secondary Miriel).

I see. I appreciate the advice. Any recommendation for a decent Cherche support? Vaike is a hero and I would've thought the boost in speed and skill would be good as well as the boosts in attack and defence

I might just grind on DLC a little bit then if everyone thinks I'm under levelled. I'm not proud of it but I'm not going to put this playthrough on halt. As much as I'm failing I am enjoying it when I am successful and I can rub it in my friends face for a little while if I do succeed

I see. I appreciate the advice. Any recommendation for a decent Cherche support? Vaike is a hero and I would've thought the boost in speed and skill would be good as well as the boosts in attack and defence

Vaike is fine, it's just not optimal. As a Fighter he's not giving Cherche the stats that she wants (STR/DEF are nice, but she has a ton of both and really wants SPD instead), and as a Hero he represents a gigantic chunk of EXP that has been wasted on a unit in a Support role. Gregor would be a far superior partner, since he only costs you a Master Seal to get in the right spot (gives SKL/SPD/DEF right away, and has the option to to Hero or Bow Knight). What you have is the worst of both worlds: two units that aren't that great.

I might just grind on DLC a little bit then if everyone thinks I'm under levelled. I'm not proud of it but I'm not going to put this playthrough on halt. As much as I'm failing I am enjoying it when I am successful and I can rub it in my friends face for a little while if I do succeed

It's your playthrough, you can do whatever the eff you want. Nobody has a smooth experience on their first Lunatic run, your subsequent ones will be better. My first time, I barely made it to Endgame, and basically got carried on the backs of Nowi, Tiki, and Sorcerer Avatar. Everyone else was garbage, because I spread EXP too thinly.

Just WTF with Chapter 25. The amount of surprise reinforcement annoyed me to no end. I don't want to rush the boss, so is there a sane way to complete this chapter before I resort to Golden Gaffe, forging weapons just to oneshot those guys with hax forges.

Edited by Shengar

Just WTF with Chapter 25. The amount of surprise reinforcement annoyed me to no end. I don't want to rush the boss, so is there a sane way to complete this chapter before I resort to Golden Gaffe, forging weapons just to oneshot those guys with hax forges.

Fall back to the mountains to either the west or east. The fliers can still get to you, but none of the Mire guys can reach, and the ground-based enemies are slowed down significantly in getting to you. That may release enough pressure for you to clear it; just hold out until the reinforcements stop coming (iirc it's around Turn 13 or so).

Alternatively, considering you shouldn't need the extra Exp at this point in the game anymore, you could just rush to Aversa and one-shot her with haxcalibur or a bow to end the chapter before any of the reinforcements even show up. A sturdy flier to go over the mountains and avoid most of the combat on your way there would be useful for this purpose, obviously.

EDIT: Sorry, I somehow missed that you don't want to rush the boss. Disregard what I wrote in this case.

Edited by Scarlet

Seriously, how do you do ch3 lol, counter on everything :|

Interceptor's play-log has a pretty good way of dealing with it, although it assumes you've been following the guide the previous three chapters.

The other option is basically to reset until the bottom doesn't have much Counter (1 per group is ideal, although 2 is doable with enough luck). Then open the doors, clear the individual Knights and kite the remainder in circles around the stage, forcing them to fight one of your stronger units during their phase (end your movement within range of the lead enemy of the group and only the lead enemy). After that, Avatar fighting at range with a Hammer-equipped Fred as support will tear her apart, regardless of skill setup.

My playlog is here. Worth noting that as KTT said, it depends on having raised a +DEF over-leveled Avatar as a requirement, but you still might find some useful info there regardless of your spec.

EDIT: full-on Ninja'ed

Edited by Interceptor