The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I restarted lunatic+ because Chrom sucked so much it became impossible. He was something like level 2 at chapter 6.

On my new file I got super lucky and beat chapter 2 on my third try!! And Chrom is level 4!!

I'm planning to do Chrom x Sumia and Avatar x Cordelia. Are there any other good pairings I should try?

I restarted lunatic+ because Chrom sucked so much it became impossible. He was something like level 2 at chapter 6.

On my new file I got super lucky and beat chapter 2 on my third try!! And Chrom is level 4!!

I'm planning to do Chrom x Sumia and Avatar x Cordelia. Are there any other good pairings I should try?

It's kind of normal for Chrom to be left behind early on, if you want to train him do it in Cht.7 when he can tank Wyverns on a Mountain tile and once Avatar is strong enough to survive without Fred so Chrom can have him instead. If you got through Cht.2 though then it might not matter.

You could try Henry/Ricken X Miriel? Laurent would have high magic, provided if both his parents are still on their magic classes.

You could try Henry/Ricken X Miriel? Laurent would have high magic, provided if both his parents are still on their magic classes.

Current parent class makes no difference to inherited stats/growths.

If you want to use Laurent for Lunatic(+), give him a father that can pass Vantage and immediately reclass him to DM. If you don't like Dark Mages, don't use him at all and get another GF unit instead.

Current parent class makes no difference to inherited stats/growths.

If you want to use Laurent for Lunatic(+), give him a father that can pass Vantage and immediately reclass him to DM. If you don't like Dark Mages, don't use him at all and get another GF unit instead.

Off topic here; I just want to know why are most - if not all people - always saying GF is required/recommended/GODLIKE SKILL? I mean I get that it makes you move twice provided if you can kill your target, but other than that, what else can it do? Personally, I do not like using GF but that's just me.

Oh and please, if there is any sense of hostility on this post, I did not mean it, I was just being curious. So don't misunderstand.

...Or that you can overuse Sorcerers, Chrom, Lucina, Using fewer other characters, and MU to make this difficulty setting like it's nothing. Lunatic+ is just a headache beyond belief. -.-

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Off topic here; I just want to know why are most - if not all people - always saying GF is required/recommended/GODLIKE SKILL? I mean I get that it makes you move twice provided if you can kill your target, but other than that, what else can it do? Personally, I do not like using GF but that's just me.

Oh and please, if there is any sense of hostility on this post, I did not mean it, I was just being curious. So don't misunderstand.

It's most likely the versatility of the thing. You can attack then rescue, hit and run, hurt then heal, and on and on. I like to pair a defensive unit with an offensive one, then attack with the offensive one and switch to the defensive for the enemy's turn. And you can clear maps in a hurry, too.

First off, for Lunatic(+) GF lets you clear around ten lategame chapters in one turn each which means you don't have to take an enemy phase.

Against Counter enemies, GF lets you either kill with a Tome and then remove your weapon so you don't kill yourself on Counter on EP, or retreat out of range after killing without needing to deploy a Staffbot/use a Rescue (which are rare early on and expensive later). In areas where you get mobbed (the whole game), having enough Galeforce often tips the balance from where you must turtle EPs to survive to where you can keep the enemy back through PPO alone, which greatly increases the utility of non-overleveled units as they can now attack stuff without having to take an EP for it. Sometimes you even have enough power to clear out an area big enough that a fairly weak unit without GF can run in, kill something, and not die on EP.

Finally, GF on Falcos/Valkyries lets you kill something and then use a staff, which doubles your staff range and lets you deploy staff users without losing offensive capability.

...Or that you can overuse Sorcerers, Chrom, Lucina, Using fewer other characters, and MU to make this difficulty setting like it's nothing. Lunatic+ is just a headache beyond belief. -.-

There are many people, myself included, who happen not to like Sorcs for a variety of reasons, and there are better ways to trivialize Lunatic(+) if that's what you want to do anyway.

I've used both +Spd/-Luk and +Def/-Luk and while the second is obviously superior, the first is actually still fairly competent. It just puts a bit more luck into the equation as far as survival goes (in that Avatar then needs more Def level ups), but gets her offense rolling faster too, decreasing luck required there. The big reason why survivability wins out early on is the small map size where there's not a whole lot of kiting space for an more offensive character, whereas there's some pretty good places for turtle strats.

Indeed, there's nothing inherently inferior about that asset/flaw combo other than a lower base to work with. But if the preamble to that is 55 soft resets in Prologue/Ch1... I don't know where Vegas sets the line for Ch2 resets, but as long as it's a two-digit number, I am taking the over.

I've honestly found that not taking a Def asset on Lunatic+ hurts more on Cht.3 than Cht.2. 2 still has forts and there are no ranged enemies in wave 1 meaning you can use the Sword to take advantage of Fred's +Str.

You can always take a Frederick based approach to earlier chapters and snowball Avatar later (less reliable in a purely tactical sense, but also don't need Avatar's levels to cooperate. If exp is more split, Frederick gets some levels instead and enough Spd, that substantially simplifies matters). I don't recall the exact stat benchmarks, but I distinctly remember a case with +Spd Avatar doubling in C3, and I think the reset-o-meter between a Frederick-centric or Avatar-centric earlygame are similar, even in L+, though one clearly sets you up much better for later if you're not using DLC.

Better be good at babying units then. >_>

(Obviously I recommend +Def also)

Edited by XeKr

Over the +DEF/-SKILL path I'm more comfortable with +SPD/-LCK. Being able to double in C3 is huge if you can make it. Ch2 while hard only took me a little less restarts than CH1. But thanks for the advice guys, once im actually on a computer im going to put up a play log possibly.

You can always take a Frederick based approach to earlier chapters and snowball Avatar later (less reliable in a purely tactical sense, but also don't need Avatar's levels to cooperate. If exp is more split, Frederick gets some levels instead and enough Spd, that substantially simplifies matters). I don't recall the exact stat benchmarks, but I distinctly remember a case with +Spd Avatar doubling in C3, and I think the reset-o-meter between a Frederick-centric or Avatar-centric earlygame are similar, even in L+, though one clearly sets you up much better for later if you're not using DLC.

Better be good at babying units then. >_>

(Obviously I recommend +Def also)

Fred spam earlygame is mostly good if you're going to be using DLC to grind and just need to get through the first four chapters. His problems are that he can't dodge Pavise+ and the only way to retaliate against the archers in Cht.3 is Kellam's Javelin- but since he's up front there's nobody to sit behind him and finish them with powerful Silver Lance dual strikes.

I beat lunatic+! Thanks for your help awhile ago, Czar_Yoshi, and Interceptor's thread was really useful, not using archers would have been really painful.

You know, that sounds fine to me. Thanks!

Yeah, he is very painful to get started... Czar_Yoshi also warned me about that, haha. When I used him on my lunatic+ run (also pairing him with Sully), I was able to get him to level 10 by chapter 5, and as long as it before chapter 7, sticking him on a mountain and letting him beat wyverns was enough to get his weapon levels and stats high enough that he was really good after that, and his child is going to be great Its just chapter 6 was the last really hard chapter, and he wasn't ready by then, which made chapter 6 really painful. I was lucky enough to have a master capsule and grinding donnel also got Lissa to level 20, so I had to promote her to a sage and use her to smash the left side to beat it, which isn't really optimal... Maybe if you try just to feed him during par 2, he will be usable by then?

True words. A big part of success in Ch.3 is the initial clear of the lower-level, and having Avatar being able to tome-counter as many enemies as possible on that critical first action goes a long way towards that.

I guess if you are willing to sacrifice units, it shouldn't be too bad not being +def.

Glad I could help. Donnel becomes useable around the time he gets a proper weapon rank in Swords and can attack at range, if you can do that by Par.2 then good for you but I wouldn't count on him being ready by then.

Speaking of Donnel, I don't know if anyone can confirm this but after a good deal of turn 1 resets on his paralogue, I got the feeling that Archers get Pass far more often than their other skills.