The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Yeah in hindsight I could have given him a Levin sword or armorslayer for the enemy generals. His killing edge crits were enough for the assassins and sorcerers.

Edit: Promoting him in the map with a Master Seal would help too, since his Tier 1 stats are maxed anyway.

Edited by xcel

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some notes from my experience:
  • For Brady's paralogue, if you want to keep all villagers alive, having multiple Galeforce units helped in clearing out the initial flock of enemies around the starting area.
  • For Inigo's paralogue, if you want Inigo to get 5 kills, having Inigo with max stats, All +2, and Galeforce (and some lucky crits and Dual Strike) helped.

Brady's paralogue is Kill Boss, and the boss starts fairly close to you. If you care about saving the villagers more than getting exp, just leave someone in his range on EP 1 who can kill him, he'll move first, end chapter.

DLC isn't necessary for Inigo if you promote him instantly, use Special Dance and give him a Levin with an optional light forge. I usually have him and the rest of my flunkies take the bottom (at least two kills) and send Morgan/Avatar to take the fliers on the top, then use Morgan/Avatar to distract half the force that comes out the gate to the north while everyone else fights the others while retreating south (having Rescue on hand is really useful). If Morgan/Avatar finish in time, they can come back down and bag a kill to help out on the bottom. There are several goons left inside the gate who are fairly easy to feed to Inigo if you set up a Pass filter and have an Elixir on hand (or Lucina is strong enough to tank with Parallel Falchion for healing). He can also have the boss if you watch your damage and set it up properly.

Aaaaaand DONE! Lunatic+ was an enormous pain, and I'm quite happy to be done with it. Special thanks to Interceptor, your guide really helped me out (particularly with Prologue, Ch. 3, and Paralogue 2).

2 Observations I had about Lunatic+:

a) -Def in this mode is not something I'm keen on working with again.

b) Galerilla Warfare OP.

lol

Lunatic.

lol

Dis mode...

Most of you who know me and my play habits with FE know that i do not usually do really tough difficulties. This game offers us nancies some relief which is nice and with this relief, it becomes extremely fun! Like, me grinding like a three hundred year old rusty cog pays off in fun and hilarious ways. WATCH THE STAHL SWORD THINGS IN THE FACE WITH 2 HP AND VANTAGE! AAAA

Those first four chapters were murder. Frederick Emblem in full force with Avatar hitching a ride. There were resets there too cuz Fred hates mages lots.

Im up to chapter 14 now. Getting Morgan was...interesting. Especially cuz i married Lissa this run and Morgs is left as a cleric. I got my Loki Avatar to help with the sticky spots and hes a great utility unit right now cuz Trickster class. Well well...that reclass back in that file ended up being a good decision after all.

So...Just what do i need to expect out of the children's paralogues?

Gerome's paralogue is hell, unless you are packing 2+ Galeforce fliers, preferably with bonus dmg weapons on them or on their pairups.

Brady's paralogue is Kill Boss, and the boss starts fairly close to you. If you care about saving the villagers more than getting exp, just leave someone in his range on EP 1 who can kill him, he'll move first, end chapter.

Ah kill the boss. I tend to just eliminate all the enemies regardless of the objective (since there are only 2 in FEA iirc) so I forgot about that option.

Routing is usually done on Lunatic(+) for more exp, especially early chapters, but there are only two Route chapters (23 and 24) after... Cht.12, I think, meaning once you get the means to survive those chapters you can just gale through half the game. Cht.21 is pretty hard to do in one turn, but it's still doable if you're planning ahead for it and have more than one staffbot (or Pass. Pass wrecks that chapter).

Gerome's paralogue is hell, unless you are packing 2+ Galeforce fliers, preferably with bonus dmg weapons on them or on their pairups.

That reminds me, Tiki's paralogue on Lunatic+ (not vanilla Lunatic) has probably the heaviest offense requirements in the game outside of Apo thanks to Pass and no EP, and is legitimately no joke on nogrind.

That reminds me, Tiki's paralogue on Lunatic+ (not vanilla Lunatic) has probably the heaviest offense requirements in the game outside of Apo thanks to Pass and no EP, and is legitimately no joke on nogrind.

This so much. I had to put off doing it until my non-Avatar units were fairly overleveled to have any kind of reliable chance at beating it. I probably could have done it earlier, but I'd have been relying heavily on good enemy skill randomization, multiple mediocre crit chances and lowish chance dodges at key moments. Funnily enough, the delay was largely so I'd have another bow user in Basilio (he can double and one-round non-Aegis+ Wyv Lords with a Silver Bow, IIRC), then I ended up not even using him. >.>

Also, it is possible to get something of an enemy phase, but the way to manipulate the AI into it is kind of strange and requires units to be unpaired in order to cover all sides, which makes the situation extremely dangerous. That is, the enemy appears to have a fairly rigid set of waypoints where they'll only deviate from it if something gets in their way or Tiki is in attack range (and once they get a couple turns in, they seem to switch to "seek out and murder Tiki wherever she is" mode). In my limited experience, if there is a long enough wall (one unit blocking the direct path, plus two each on either side of said unit to form a 5-unit wall), the enemy will then gun for the unit on the same axis as Tiki (even if Tiki is 20 tiles away and said enemy couldn't possibly attack her this turn). The danger comes from this unit being solo and then getting dog-piled. Also, Pass enemies circumvent this manipulation entirely.

Yeah, on vanilla Lunatic you can just rescue Tiki against the top wall and have her completely guarded by just five pairs, and all the enemies will swarm the bottom pair. Pass prevents that.

Although... If you had enough strong pairs, you might be able to clog up all the spaces from which Tiki can be attacked, thwarting Pass. It still will take a lot of luck and strong units, but might be doable nonetheless.

Yeah, but I always one-turn that one.

Let me guess: Rescue and Galeforce? Since every other map bar Apo can be done entirely reasonably without those, I'd say my statement of requiring the second most offense in the game to beat still holds true (offense being mobility and kills/turn).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Although... If you had enough strong pairs, you might be able to clog up all the spaces from which Tiki can be attacked, thwarting Pass. It still will take a lot of luck and strong units, but might be doable nonetheless.

Thanks to enemies with 1-2 range weapons, it's not possible to have all pairs. The map unit limit is Chrom plus twelve. Even with Tiki Rescued against the very back of the map, that leaves 8 tiles open. Which means, there needs to be at least 3 unpaired units. This is generally pretty safe, but the AI gets kind of wonky, especially when Pass comes into play and sometimes they attack the units on the diagonal for seemingly no reason. They'll also sometimes decide that they just don't want to attack anyone at all. Get lucky and have them get confused enough and they'll all just stop in their tracks and then this happens (sorry about the blurriness; it was taken way before the 3DS implemented uploading screenshots).

Yeah, on vanilla Lunatic you can just rescue Tiki against the top wall and have her completely guarded by just five pairs, and all the enemies will swarm the bottom pair. Pass prevents that.

Let me guess: Rescue and Galeforce? Since every other map bar Apo can be done entirely reasonably without those, I'd say my statement of requiring the second most offense in the game to beat still holds true (offense being mobility and kills/turn).

Pretty much yeah. You need 3 dual galeforce pairups and one single at least (with a way to grab the griffons that aren't 2-rangeable by infantry at the bottom), plus 4 rescuers (I use Libra, Anna, Lissa and Maribelle)

So this has slowly been eating away at me for the past couple of months to the point where it is driving me crazy.

A few months ago I took the plunge into Lunatic + and was expecting to get RNG screwed but it turned out that I was pretty lucky during that ordeal. I reached chapter 4 with only a couple of resets a lot sooner than I thought I would. Now my issue here is that I consider myself to be more of an offensive than defensive player and at this point I do not like my asset/flaw (Def/lck). While it is great in the beginning, I can’t help but feel that it hinders my performance postgame.

So now I plan on redoing Lunatic + and was looking for some advice as to what asset/flaw would be better suited for my postgame.

Some information about this playthrough:

- I play a Mamu

- My planned wife is Lucina.

- I prefer, and wish, to play as a physical unit, even though magic is superior in this game.

- Classes I plan on using for postgame: Hero, Assassin, Dread Fighter, and Swordmaster (I know they are terrible but they have been my favorite class throughout my time playing the Fire Emblem series)

I hear def flaw is considered the best flaw for postgame, but what asset would go well with all of these classes?

On a side note, what is this 3DS save data backup (at least I think that’s what it is called) that I hear some of the forum users using? How does it work? Is it safe?

I'd advise +Spd/-Def for those classes, and using Sumia!Lucina. Out of those four Hero and Assassin are the best, SMs kind of stink.

However, asset/flaw makes an absurd difference in Lunatic+ earlygame, and you -will- want to grind after Cht.4 if you're using a Def flaw. Be prepared for hundreds of resets and save backup abuse to clear the first few chapters.

Save backup: when you have a digital copy, on the 3ds menu there is an option to backup your save data. You can create as many backups as you want, and restore them from the data management menu under System Settings. Nintendo put it there because save data on digital copies has occasionally been volatile and been corrupted/disappeared, so I'd say using it is safer than not using it. To abuse it, what you'd do is go partway through a chapter, bookmark, return to the 3ds menu and do a backup, then reload your bookmark and if you die, restore the save backup and reload the bookmark again. Do note that the RNG seed is fixed so if you reload a bookmark and do exactly the same thing, you'll get exactly the same result, so it's not like you can use it to get perfect levelups.

+STR -LUK works well for Hero and Dread Fighter in my personal experience.

With +STR asset will a Hero or Dread Fighter Mamu be able to prevent doubling and be able to double in apotheosis?

I'd advise +Spd/-Def for those classes, and using Sumia!Lucina. Out of those four Hero and Assassin are the best, SMs kind of stink.

Any particular reason why Sumia!Lucina over the majority suggested, at least from what I have read, Olivia!Lucina?

If the difference between the two is very minimal then I will gladly do Sumia!Lucina for a blue haired Cynthia.

Also, would my asset differ if I strictly chose to stay as a particular class for endgame, such as Assassin? Or should it still be +Spd/-Def regardless of what I decide?

Save backup: when you have a digital copy, on the 3ds menu there is an option to backup your save data. You can create as many backups as you want, and restore them from the data management menu under System Settings. Nintendo put it there because save data on digital copies has occasionally been volatile and been corrupted/disappeared, so I'd say using it is safer than not using it. To abuse it, what you'd do is go partway through a chapter, bookmark, return to the 3ds menu and do a backup, then reload your bookmark and if you die, restore the save backup and reload the bookmark again. Do note that the RNG seed is fixed so if you reload a bookmark and do exactly the same thing, you'll get exactly the same result, so it's not like you can use it to get perfect levelups.

Well, I purchased the hard copy of the game so I guess I won't be able to use this method.

Doubling: depends on your pairup/skills. DF has 41 Spd, so your Spd will normally be 41(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +8(Dark Flier support) +2(tonic) =75, exactly enough to double the fastest enemy in the game.

Sumia!Lucina has 5 Spd, Olivia!Lucina has 3 Spd, so your Morgan will have 2 more Spd if you go Sumia!Lucina. Sumia also has fewer other pairing options and Cynthia arguably gets more from Chrom than Inigo does (Aether). Olivia!Lucina won't get Tomefaire (which is OK), but she will get Assassin if you want to have her be physical instead. Honestly though, the two Lucinas are pretty much tied as they all get what makes Lucina so good: DS+.

Doubling: depends on your pairup/skills. DF has 41 Spd, so your Spd will normally be 41(base) +4(mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +8(Dark Flier support) +2(tonic) =75, exactly enough to double the fastest enemy in the game.

Sumia!Lucina has 5 Spd, Olivia!Lucina has 3 Spd, so your Morgan will have 2 more Spd if you go Sumia!Lucina. Sumia also has fewer other pairing options and Cynthia arguably gets more from Chrom than Inigo does (Aether). Olivia!Lucina won't get Tomefaire (which is OK), but she will get Assassin if you want to have her be physical instead. Honestly though, the two Lucinas are pretty much tied as they all get what makes Lucina so good: DS+.

Thank you for the feedback Czar. I made it to chapter 4 with both my Lunatic + classic and casual files so things should be a little easier once I can grind a bit.

One last question, if I were to have Sumia!Lucina as a physical support partner which class would be best for that? Bow Knight for the extra movement and swords/bows?

Guess I should join the club too :D Completed lunatic(classic) a while ago. Gonna do lunatic plus casual(I think it isn't worth the frustration to do classic, besides, I'm not really as determined for this run as I was for my last one.)

Thank you for the feedback Czar. I made it to chapter 4 with both my Lunatic + classic and casual files so things should be a little easier once I can grind a bit.

One last question, if I were to have Sumia!Lucina as a physical support partner which class would be best for that? Bow Knight for the extra movement and swords/bows?

Assuming you still want to hit 75 Spd with Dread Fighter, you'll need a class that gives at least +3 Spd- For Sumia!Lucina, that could be Falcon Knight, Dark Flier (using lances), Bow Knight, or Great Lord. Falco and GL are probably the best for your purposes, but magic is pretty much just better than physical so you might want to stick with Dark Flier and tomes (none of those classes boost your Str). Bow Knight may sound good, but they have the lowest total caps of any promoted class in the game and I don't recommend using them for anything except nogrind Lunatic+ earlygame.

Started Lunatic+ in my Japanese version. Since we have this topic, there is no need for me to make another thread of it. I'll post my logs here whenever I succeed the mission. I'll give out links to my old logs as well along the way. Let's begin...

Paralogue 1

Same Strategy as Lunatic. Pair up Chrom and MU and defeat him.

Paralogue 2

Easy. Just took a few tries to do even though I got lucky a few times with a couple of Luna+ dodges. Thank god they didn't have Hawkeye. Just had to heal up, analyze, then defeated the others with ease with MU+Freddie. Planning to pair them up as soon as possible for the outcomes ahead. I actually kept resetting the map till the boss only had Hawkeye and Vantage+. The boss would be dangerous otherwise if it were slapped with Luna+. Had Freddie finish him because I was scared that MU wouldn't make it. -.-

Chapter 1

Insane. Had to deal with several foes all slapped with Luna+. Just hope that the Hammer Risen doesn't have both Hawkeye and Luna+ as it would be impossible to stop without a duel guard. Anyway, after 10ish tries I actually got lucky with several foes duel guarding them as nearly every foe all had Luna+. Needed that Elixir as I had to sacrifice Lissa to get through the map. Don't worry I'm playing this on casual. The boss was easy enough as it only had Pass and Vantage+. That Def advantage I gave to Dia had done wonders. At LV3 now and getting Chrom on his way to LV3. I had Chrom get the boss kill which got him near to LV3 now. Map ends.

Chapter 2

Had no way to get through it right now. Do I need the Elixir to be able to get Freddie recuperated till I can get him to the fort? It's all gone before this chapter began. If I do, then I'm screwed and have to start over as you are not able to buy any items or weapons yet. Only have one Vulnerary left with 2 uses. Hope that helps. Also, I may have to endure some sacrifices to be able to get Freddie to the fort. Also, I will not do this map if too many troops get slapped with Hawkeye as it makes hiding in the fort useless. If even one foe there has both Hawkeye+Luna+ combo, then I'll have to reset the map. I also had Freddie paired with MU as well as giving MU the advantage to grow more Def and flaw in skill. Hope that helps.

This mode is the ultimate challenge. Anyone who gets bored with this game outta try Hard/Lunatic/Lunatic+. These will bring gaming experience to the absolute fullest.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

^ I'd suggest starting over (stick with your +DEF Avatar) and just feed Avatar all the kills. It's feasible to have Avatar kill everything in Prologue except 2-3 kills (using the Water trick), and kill everything in Chapter 1. That will get you to Chapter 2 with a level 9-10 Avatar, and full uses of the Elixir.

Since you are on Casual mode, you can just sacrifice a couple of people so that Avatar + Frederick can make it to the fort in Ch 2. Mountain is also good, except it doesn't have the healing bonus.

^ I'd suggest starting over (stick with your +DEF Avatar) and just feed Avatar all the kills. It's feasible to have Avatar kill everything in Prologue except 2-3 kills (using the Water trick), and kill everything in Chapter 1. That will get you to Chapter 2 with a level 9-10 Avatar, and full uses of the Elixir.

Since you are on Casual mode, you can just sacrifice a couple of people so that Avatar + Frederick can make it to the fort in Ch 2. Mountain is also good, except it doesn't have the healing bonus.

How is the water trick done, exactly?

^ Check the link in my sig for specifics, but Avatar and Chrom can both occupy a Water tile, so basically you hide Chrom/Fred and Avatar/Lissa out of range of anything except mages. Easy to feed Avatar kill that way with Thunder.

Chapter 2

Had no way to get through it right now. Do I need the Elixir to be able to get Freddie recuperated till I can get him to the fort? It's all gone before this chapter began. If I do, then I'm screwed and have to start over as you are not able to buy any items or weapons yet. Only have one Vulnerary left with 2 uses. Hope that helps. Also, I may have to endure some sacrifices to be able to get Freddie to the fort. Also, I will not do this map if too many troops get slapped with Hawkeye as it makes hiding in the fort useless. If even one foe there has both Hawkeye+Luna+ combo, then I'll have to reset the map. I also had Freddie paired with MU as well as giving MU the advantage to grow more Def and flaw in skill. Hope that helps.

This mode is the ultimate challenge. Anyone who gets bored with this game outta try Hard/Lunatic/Lunatic+. These will bring gaming experience to the absolute fullest.

Chapter 2 is a nightmare, although 3 will be even worse. I could not beat it yet. And I will restart the whole game, because I gave my avatar speed + / skill - instead of defense + / skill -. So my avatar will grow better in defense and Frederick will get defense boosts.

Really? +Spd is probably the second best asset after Def, as long as you don't have a Def flaw...

Hammertime in Cht.1 has absolutely nothing on a trained Avatar. His hitrates are usually less than 50% without Hawkeye while on a fort with Frederick, and he barely does any damage without Luna+.

Asset/flaw don't change your pairup boosts. If they make you hit 10 in a stat earlier, then you'll give 1 more in that stat, but all your important stats should be above that already without a specific asset for Cht.2/3. Even then, Avatar shouldn't be in the back.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi